• google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I updated and did not remember to uninstall UberCalendar.
    It is not working in 3.0.5 as a result and will not uninstall via Preware.
    It gives an error and a log file.
    Please. Remove UberCalendar HD and Google Sync Behaviors patches prior to updating to 3.0.5. !!!!!

I don't think EPR will help you if you do not do it, before updating. If you have already done the update, please let us know if EPR will work.

edit: the calendar app has moved locations, so it is more like a 3rd party app in it's location.
    Didn't see this until after the update? Watching to see what to do now.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    EPR works for removing UC and sync behavior. I can confirm.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    @Toddbecker and @joepoid

Quote Originally Posted by joepoid View Post
    I updated and did not remember to uninstall UberCalendar.
    It is not working in 3.0.5 as a result and will not uninstall via Preware.
    It gives an error and a log file.
    Follow the directions here: http://forums.webosnation.com/3139509-post3057.html

You can also find these (and lots more UberCalendar info) in the UberCalendar Preferences thread linked in frantid's signature & the first post of the UberCalendar thread.
  5.    #625  
    Did you run EPR after 3.0.5 update?

I was hoping it would work, but I wasn't sure what it would do if the app had moved out of the directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    EPR works for removing UC and sync behavior. I can confirm.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Loreg Reniets likes this.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Did you run EPR after 3.0.5 update?

I was hoping it would work, but I wasn't sure what it would do if the app had moved out of the directory.
    Although I knew I should remove it prior to updating, I felt like taking a walk on the wild side.
    Manual removal failed and then EPRed without any problem.
  7.    #627  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Did NOT get chance to test lasr nite -- and then 3.0.5 arrived -- not wanting it to force itself on me as did 3.0.4,, I took time today to gracefully do the install the right way.

So, cannot test until UberCalendar gets updated for 3.0.5 (NOT a nag at all)

Please post here when that happens.

I do have a version for 3.0.5, but with the location change it is a little bit like that Eagle's Hotel California song. If you install it, you can't uninstall it. --you can, but it will render the calendar useless.

See this post for details...

Important notice about patches and 3.0.5
    Last edited by frantid; 01/14/2012 at 09:32 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    If you delete the calendar app, it should be reinstalled on next reset, right?
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  9.    #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    If you delete the calendar app, it should be reinstalled on next reset, right?
    I'm not sure. Should be able to do an "ipkg install ....." Anyone willing to brave the unknown.

I think sconix is working on an updated AUPTs script set.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I would, but I can't delete them Seems they must have a special flag in appinfo.json to prevent deletion.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    I would, but I can't delete them Seems they must have a special flag in appinfo.json to prevent deletion.

I think it won't be that long, I see the alpha is up in git

https://github.com/webos-internals/ausmt

12.    #632  
    In the Agenda view, if you can detect that the next month has been loaded (is in the buffer), would it be possible to extend the Agenda view to include that next month's data? Without too much effort on your part?

Would allow me to use the agenda to look ahead via scroll And not have to flip ahead the month view and wait for the Agenda to catch up (a little bit of time).

This would extend the utility of the Agenda view and would probably benefit many (if not most) UBERCALENDAR users.

PLEASE!
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I can't take credit for the buffering, it is a default calendar app behavior. I'd have to find a way to reference the buffered data. There currently is no way to access it as each month is it's own object (in a generic object kind of way). ..
    I would say to NOT bother - the Agenda only takes about 1 - 1.5 seconds to repaint as I switch between month view - and that Is very acceptable -- so don't bother to switch if it means a change in your architecture, etc, etc.

My though was a nice-ity not a need-ity - now that I know more about the strucure - not worth the effort.

Remember this request? .... more months of data in month view agenda.

Well they changed the way the cache works which caused me to redo how UC worked completely. Which is why I was pretty quiet here leading up to the holidays as I was trying to fix things for 3.0.5. I was certain they would release it before them as they did with 2.2.4.

Long story short, the upside is now there is access to the data from the previous, current and next view's data.

So in the UC agenda list in 3.0.5, you get 3 months in month view, 3 weeks in week view and 3 days in day view.

cheers

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @Toddbecker and @joepoid

Follow the directions here: UberCalendar: Enhanced calendar patch

You can also find these (and lots more UberCalendar info) in the UberCalendar Preferences thread linked in frantid's signature & the first post of the UberCalendar thread.
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    This will re-install all my apps as well as patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by joepoid View Post
    I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    This will re-install all my apps as well as patches?
    By itself, EPR removes all patches. If you follow the instructions there, you will update your Saved Packages list before running EPR which will allow you to automatically install all of your patches after installing UberCalendar & other "mega" patches.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    By itself, EPR removes all patches. If you follow the instructions there, you will update your Saved Packages list before running EPR which will allow you to automatically install all of your patches after installing UberCalendar & other "mega" patches.
    I followed along, but it will not install.
    I've attached the IPKG log.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    UC doesnt work on doctored TP 3.0.5
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    this has been covered and explained throughout these forums many times -even in this thread I believe - I am tempted to say no feces sherlock. But that being said it is because the location of the calendar app has been moved in webos. This means that not only will this patch need to be updated but the aupt tech. Will have to be modified.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    See here:

Important notice about patches and 3.0.5

follow webosinternals on twitter for updates.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi frantid,

sorry for the one-month blackout. I didn't catch up everything I missed yet.

Have you tried the new AUSMT sconix brewed in the alpha feed yesterday?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  20.    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi frantid,

sorry for the one-month blackout. I didn't catch up everything I missed yet.

Have you tried the new AUSMT sconix brewed in the alpha feed yesterday?
    Hi Kratus,

No worries, it's the holidays after all.

I haven't attempted it. Do you know how we're supposed to submit patches to the alpha feeds? I've been looking, I can't find a way to do it yet. I don't think Jason has updated Internalz or webOS QI to choose the new scripts yet either.