5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #601  
    Updated first post. Added work week functionality.

Thanks for testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Updated first post. Added work week functionality.

Thanks for testing.
    I have not used Work Week or Group logic - never felt the need either in Date-Book-x or the original UC ... but I will try to test to the best of my ability (Groups are easy to understand now that I see the graphic interface - something I did not grasp intuitively in the original UC.)

Work week

-- looks to be working just fine - tho switching between work and all seems a bit slow - full repaint I expect.

-- like the toggle at the top! Appears on all views, action only in week view? Is that right? (OK by me)

Groups

As noted above, this is new to me, although I think I get the concept: multiple calendars and multiple grouping for display - I select which cal sare to be included in each group. I have 3 cals to play with - so will do some testing later today.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  3.    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    I have not used Work Week or Group logic - never felt the need either in Date-Book-x or the original UC ... but I will try to test to the best of my ability (Groups are easy to understand now that I see the graphic interface - something I did not grasp intuitively in the original UC.)

Work week

-- looks to be working just fine - tho switching between work and all seems a bit slow - full repaint I expect.

-- like the toggle at the top! Appears on all views, action only in week view? Is that right? (OK by me)

Groups

As noted above, this is new to me, although I think I get the concept: multiple calendars and multiple grouping for display - I select which cal sare to be included in each group. I have 3 cals to play with - so will do some testing later today.
    Very accurate analysis!

Work week switching does require full repaint, so it will be slower going. Work week toggle only effects week view.

The groups changing should work in all views though. I imagine with a few calendars, it's faster to just do the individual toggles.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Groups: Observations & Testing ......

Structural / Interface:
    ---------------------

-- Would be nice if the "Cal Groups" button could show the Group selected

-- If doable:
    -- either make the button bigger or restrict the size of the Group Names

-- If NOT doable:
    -- When button is pressed and list displayed, indicate which Group is
    currently selected (check-mark or bold - either would be fine

-- Not sure if sling-shot or Luna restart or system restart is required after changing Group configs (see below)

Operational / Problems:
    ----------------------

-- Once a config is set and operational, all aspects seem to work across all views - ie the right Cals are selected and the views change (except as noted in next item)

-- There is a repaint problem when switching among views - I find I need to press the "week view" button to get the the selected Cals to paint - mostly a case of a residual entries from the prior Group.

-- Problem with having the configuration "stick":

-- Tried "set, save, use" (no slingshot or restart UC)
    -- Tried "set, save, use after restart UC"
    -- Tried "set, save, use after slingshot UC"

Problems with all of the above situations:

Seems Group1 (the first after Default) (my Bweek below) does not hold my settings,
    yet the other groups seem to do so.

-- Working with 3 Cals and WorkWeek:

A (alarms) B (base) W (weather) and WW (workweek)

-- Groups set as follows (using above codes):

-- Default -- selected B ---Base cal only 7 days
    -- Bweath -- selected B W ---Base cal plus weather cal (google) 7 days
    -- Balarms -- selected B A ---Base cal plus alarm cal 7 days
    -- Bwork -- selected B WW ---Base cal work week
    -- Alarms -- selected A ---Alarm cal only 7 days

More on the problem of not retaining settings - with Bweek (above) only:

seems to always change to "A and W" when it was set to "B and W"

Hope this makes sense!

Will try to test some more later, if I can.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 01/09/2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: make more clear via spacing
    Dave
    Operational / Problems:
    ----------------------

-- Once a config is set and operational, all aspects seem to work across all views - ie the right Cals are selected and the views change (except as noted in next item)

-- There is a repaint problem when switching among views - I find I need to press the "week view" button to get the the selected Cals to paint - mostly a case of a residual entries from the prior Group.

Seems Group1 (the first after Default) (my Bweek below) does not hold my settings,

Hope this makes sense!

I fixed the "not retaining" config problem -- by adding one more Group at the end - configured like "Bweath" above by selecting B W and leaving it at 7 days.

Go figure!

Obviously I need to have another drink and then try this all over again.

&*^&%$ it - gotta love technology GRIN
    Dave
  6.    #606  
    Definitely some group problems, I think I broke something when I added the week piece. I'll double check things.

7.    #607  
    Groups: Observations & Testing ......

Structural / Interface:
    ---------------------

-- Would be nice if the "Cal Groups" button could show the Group selected

-- If doable:
    -- either make the button bigger or restrict the size of the Group Names

-- If NOT doable:
    -- When button is pressed and list displayed, indicate which Group is
    currently selected (check-mark or bold - either would be fine
    I can't use a check mark and still have the normal calendar buttons live. I think of the groups as presets on the radio. You can always tune the dial out of the preset.

Operational / Problems:
    ----------------------

Hope this makes sense!

There is some problem using input boxes and the enyo list. You're not supposed to do it, I just overrode some functions to make it render correctly. Because of this, there's a couple of issues.

1. It seems, it wants you to tap one of the calendar colors in the last group in the list before you do any changes to other groups. I don't know why, but I'll spend some time debugging it.

2. Adding a group will undo any changes to the other groups. So you have to add all groups you want before modifying or you will have to redo them.

there's probably others, but that's why the new features go to local versions first.

I'll upload a slightly better one now -- 1.15

Thanks for reporting and testing.

seems, it wants you to tap one of the calendar colors in the last group in the list before you do any changes to other groups. I don't know why, but I'll spend some time debugging it.
    Tested 1-15 and all seems to work just fine - keeping the above in mind (but I did not do much changing or adding of groups.

With my low number of Cals, I can tell at a glance which group is operative. But still might be nice to somehow indicate which Group is operative if somehow doable -- for those with more Cals - if doable.

Nice work -- your effort is much appreciated.

PS - now I am looking at more cals - given Group functionality -- 6 family members (all in one group, no, 2 groups: the 6 alone and 1 with them and my base cal.
    Dave
  9.    #609  
    Updated first post to 1-16. Fixed the 2 issues I listed below and provided a means for displaying the selected group -- (as requested.)

This one is more stable. If there are enough positive tester responses I will post this to Preware.

Thanks for testing.

With my low number of Cals, I can tell at a glance which group is operative. But still might be nice to somehow indicate which Group is operative if somehow doable -- for those with more Cals - if doable.
    There is some problem using input boxes and the enyo list. You're not supposed to do it, I just overrode some functions to make it render correctly. Because of this, there's a couple of issues.

1. It seems, it wants you to tap one of the calendar colors in the last group in the list before you do any changes to other groups. I don't know why, but I'll spend some time debugging it.

2. Adding a group will undo any changes to the other groups. So you have to add all groups you want before modifying or you will have to redo them.

Updated first post to 1-16. Fixed the 2 issues I listed below and provided a means for displaying the selected group -- (as requested.)

This one is more stable. If there are enough positive tester responses I will post this to Preware.

Thanks for testing.
    =====

Tested 1-16 and all looks / works fine.

Thanks for the "Selected" indication!!!

Tested: add delete change (content, label) in as many combos as I thought of -- all works fine - had upwards of 8 groups using my 4 cals and combos with and w/o work week.

SUPER NICE JOB!!!
    Dave
  11.    #611  
    Updated first post to 1-17.

Added preference and settings for per calendar enabled alarms. You have to have both "Enable UC Groups" and "Per calendar alarms" settings enabled so you can set which calendars have alerts. This is because you have to use the edit groups scene to change the settings. The default setting is all calendars alarm enabled and the "Per calendar alarms" preference off.

The "Per calendar alarms" setting takes precedence over individual calendars, with it off, all calendars will alert -- Unless you have "Disable reminders" on.

I would recommend leaving weather and holiday type calendars enabled. They usually don't have alarms on them and every calendar you exclude adds a few milliseconds to alarm processing. If you don't want any alarms, use the "Disable reminders" preference to turn them all off.

Thanks for testing.

@benh thanks for the request -- I think it was for the phones, but I was working on the TP groups anyway so I did it there first. I'll see what I can do on the phones next.
    Attached Images Attached Images

re: 1-17 .......
    Have not fully tested this, yet. Hopefully today/tomorrow - setting and waiting for alarms is a PITA.
    Dave
  13.    #613  
    No worries.
  14.    #614  
    Please. Remove UberCalendar HD and Google Sync Behaviors patches prior to updating to 3.0.5. !!!!!

I don't think EPR will help you if you do not do it, before updating. If you have already done the update, please let us know if EPR will work.

edit2: Loiter has confirmed EPR will still work post upgrade. So if you did not uninstall prior to upgrading -- run EPR.

edit: the calendar app has moved locations, so it is more like a 3rd party app in it's location.
    Last edited by frantid; 01/14/2012 at 03:44 AM.

re: 1-17 .......
    Have not fully tested this, yet. Hopefully today/tomorrow - setting and waiting for alarms is a PITA.
    Like the interface approach for alarms-by-calendar

Having some problems:

o Seems like the "need to change last group also" problem is back - in new and old form:

--- once into testing it was necessary to change the last group in order to get the save button to function - without doing so the save would slightly change color but do zip.

--- I am not sure I know the order required to get save to truly work (even tho it makes the edit view go away -- the selected cals do not behave as selected relative to alarms --- some of the time!

o I am testing using 2 cals with an alarm set for each, and then trying to test 4 conditions of "ringing": both, A only, B only, neither. Both are set for same time - in case that is of concern.

-- thought was doing OK when I got both and A only to work, **** went down hill from there

-- all consistency was lost (along with my patience )

-- seems like no setting would get any to ring
    -- saw the clock go fro 1:14 to 1:13 and back to 1:14 (may not be related)
    -- seems like a snooze of one alarm was ignored (did not get followup ring
    -- I thought I was able to just change the alarm time forward on my test events to get ready for next test, then that stopped working (or si it seemed -- but might have been the settings dropping to "none selected"

At this point had to stop testing - got to get reday for work, and back away for now.

Perhaps the above mish mash will point ypu in a direction of what is wrong
    :eek
    Dave
  16.    #616  
    Thanks for testing it Dave. Take a break, I've got some time and about 8 calendars to test with. Usually you need to set an event up at least 4 minutes before you want it to ring. If you don't it will sometimes not schedule it or reschedule it for when the event starts, -- that's standard calendar operation not patch related.

17.    #617  
    Updated first post to 1-18. Bug fix -- happened when you had edit group scene up and when to the accounts app and removed or added a calendar account. The calendar view below it would not update(i.e. Day, week or month) until you swiped to a different day.

Default behavior is now to just exit the edit scene as if you pushed cancel, if you throw the calendar off screen or switch from the calendar app to another app. The same way the preference scene will exit if you do the same.

cheers.

Thanks for testing it Dave. Take a break, I've got some time and about 8 calendars to test with. Usually you need to set an event up at least 4 minutes before you want it to ring. If you don't it will sometimes not schedule it or reschedule it for when the event starts, -- that's standard calendar operation not patch related.
    As Maxwell Smart, hero of old TV program (and recent movie), would say: "Ah, the old 4 minutes ahead to activate ploy - that was the problem". And I am suer it was - problem & frustration.

Taking my TP along and may test some more - after installing 1-18

Dave
  19.    #619  
    As Maxwell Smart, hero of old TV program (and recent movie), would say: "Ah, the old 4 minutes ahead to activate ploy - that was the problem". And I am suer it was - problem & frustration.

Taking my TP along and may test some more - after installing 1-18

It makes it easier if you snooze the ones you have enabled, then you can toggle them off and see if the snooze fires.

Did NOT get chance to test lasr nite -- and then 3.0.5 arrived -- not wanting it to force itself on me as did 3.0.4,, I took time today to gracefully do the install the right way.

So, cannot test until UberCalendar gets updated for 3.0.5 (NOT a nag at all)

Please post here when that happens.
    Dave