5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #581  
    thanks to both of you for all the testing and fast feedback. It worked out great as I only had a limited amount of free time. I submitted the update to Preware. It might take a day or two depending on how busy the server is, to get to the feeds.

cheers
    Updated first post to 1-8.

Changed the way week all day events are displayed in week view to vertically ordered and scrollable.

Thanks, works great!
    In preware, love the new map drop down menu for location. Thanks !
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  4.    #584  
    Updated first post 1-11. fixed week view not scrolling to current time.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Updated first post 1-11. fixed week view not scrolling to current time.
    I just installed it: works like a charm.
    Thanks!

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I just installed it: works like a charm.
    Thanks!

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    Thanks for confirming. I'm going to go ahead and submit it to Preware since it was the only change I made to the patch.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Quote Originally Posted by kratus View Post
    i just installed it: Works like a charm.
    Thanks!

-- envoyé depuis mon hp touchpad avec communities
    ditto
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  8.    #588  
    Updated first post: Fixed just type new calendar events without time parsing correctly.

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Now that PocketMirror is working for the Touchpad calendar I'm actually using it... I have two feature requests:

The "mini month" calendar is cool, but it doesn't make much sense when I am on the month view. Would it be possible to hide it in Month view but pop it up in day or week view?

I have a lot of events that appear in multiple calendars. For example, "New Year's Eve" or "Christmas Day". In some cases, there are enough copies that they prevent other events from appearing on the month view, and in the week view because they are all-day events they don't quite fit. It would be great if the calendar recognized the duplicates and displayed just one copy (perhaps in white in the week view and without the colored dot in the month view? or a different icon instead of the dot).

In the day view, you need to show them all, so you can select and view/edit them, but since that's not possible in the week and month view anyway, it would be great to condense the display.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Now that PocketMirror is working for the Touchpad calendar I'm actually using it... I have two feature requests:

The "mini month" calendar is cool, but it doesn't make much sense when I am on the month view. Would it be possible to hide it in Month view but pop it up in day or week view?

I have a lot of events that appear in multiple calendars. For example, "New Year's Eve" or "Christmas Day". In some cases, there are enough copies that they prevent other events from appearing on the month view, and in the week view because they are all-day events they don't quite fit. It would be great if the calendar recognized the duplicates and displayed just one copy (perhaps in white in the week view and without the colored dot in the month view? or a different icon instead of the dot).

In the day view, you need to show them all, so you can select and view/edit them, but since that's not possible in the week and month view anyway, it would be great to condense the display.
    Some advice / comments while you wait for response from frantid .....

1. If you go to the UberCalendar preferences, there is an option to have the mini month start closed - should handle your first request.

2. Regarding elimination of duplicate all-day entries .....

frantid can confirm this, but it is not likely he will be able to do this - given he is working with the TouchPad calendar data-base.

He has already set up the week scene to have the list of all-day events scrollable, and the hint that you have some to scroll is the last entry on start-up will be shown as half-there, so you will know to scroll.

If that is not enough, perhaps you can go to the calendar sources and eliminate the dupes there - might not be possible if you are linking in "others' " cals, tho.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 12/15/2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: correction month to week
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Some advice / comments while you wait for response from frantid .....

1. If you go to the UberCalendar preferences, there is an option to have the mini month start closed - should handle your first request.

2. Regarding elimination of duplicate all-day entries .....

frantid can confirm this, but it is not likely he will be able to do this - given he is working with the TouchPad calendar data-base.

He has already set up the week scene to have the list of all-day events scrollable, and the hint that you have some to scroll is the last entry on start-up will be shown as half-there, so you will know to scroll.

If that is not enough, perhaps you can go to the calendar sources and eliminate the dupes there - might not be possible if you are linking in "others' " cals, tho.
    Adding another comment - you can see all the all-day events in the agenda scene (LEFT hand side) if you have tat option selected - so there already is an expanded list -- but dupelicates ARE NOT ELIMINATED.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 12/26/2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: typo - moving too fast, dang it!
    Dave
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    What I would like with the mini-month view is for it to automatically open and close. I can, of course, do that manually, but if it's not automatic I may as well leave it open all the time.
  13.    #593  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post

It is possible, but I'd have to add preferences for per view settings like the phone patch. Which is a little further down my list of todo's.

To be honest I haven't had a lot of free time these last weeks to work on the patch. I'm still trying to figure out work week and calendar groups. They kind of go together.

I'll put it on my list, but my list is longggggg. So it might take a while. The per view preferences were the last things I planned on doing.

I honestly don't think I can do this one. I really think it is best to manage the data and not try to have the patch do this.

It would be pretty costly (processor and memory wise) to do a string comparison on every day's data. Since you can't really just code it to look at the entire list at once. You would have to compare each event to all the others individually. Any stats folks out there, I think "(n-1)!" (I'm probably wrong on that equation, though) ends up being number of pairs you have to test for each day.

Don't your holidays end up on different calendars -- i.e. a holiday calendar added onto your normal calendar? You can do multiple calendars with pocket mirror. Then just toggle the duplicate holiday calendar off. This is a perfect use case for calendar groups. I really need to find some free time.

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Outlook handles the overlay of multiple calendars badly. I often have them side-by-side instead, so some duplication is appropriate.

Anyway, I see your point about the processing required. I will live with it, and perhaps just look on the Touchpad calendar where it is beautiful and not worry about the Outlook crappy view.

Thanks for all your work on this.
    nice changes, but, how can I close the left side so the whole screen is my calendar when I want that kind of display?

thanks!
  16.    #596  
    There's a preference for "peek", turn it off and it should close all the way.
    I see 'peek at agenda list' and it has been off. Don't see any other peek.
    I did try turning it off and on with no affect.
  18.    #598  
    Are you just trying to hide the Agenda list? Turn peek off, flick the calendar off the screen. Reopen the calendar, slide it closed. Does that not work?
    @frantid

Happy New Year! Thanks for making our year happy with this excellent effort!
    Dave
  20.    #600  
    I finally got some free time to play around. I updated the first post with the first test version for UC groups. There's a preference toggle for turning them on/off in the preferences.

Ignore the "work week" preference and group editing "work week" toggle for now. They are just place holders, work on the "work week" will will be next.

Thanks for testing.

P.S. Happy New Year
    Attached Images Attached Images