4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Updated first post to 1-9. -- Attempted fix of week view stuck at 0 after new event. Added preference for using subject in parentheses. Add location people picker, works similar to phones. I did not put the map options in as you can do that outside of the edit scene already. See screenshots.
    Thank you for making the parentheses thing an option.

- Fix for week view stuck at 0 after new event works. I noticed the same issue happens after editing an event, but only when the virtual keyboard is onscreen while exiting the edit scene.
    - Location people picker does not show the contact-images. Is it just me?
    - Location people picker does not shift up when virtual keyboard pops up. I have to close the VKB first before I can hit the Cancel button.
    - In what is the third option "Replace location" different from the second one? Both display the location people picker. I can't get the difference.
    - Can you make the adress picker wider? It is not wide enough to display enough of some adresses, and the text can not be scrolled (see attached screenshot). We have enough screen real estate, I think, to make this view wider.
    - *perfectionism*: I noticed the location field is somewhat too wide and ovelaps with the people picker button (see the attached screenshot)
    - I could not find where I can display the map options outside of the edit scene.

Thanks again for your work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  2.    #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Hanging KeyBoard does NOT happen if there is no address in the selected person record.

Thought - you can edit the done/send button, right!? How about inserting a KeyBoard go away command there.
    I'm not sure about the hanging keyboard. What are the steps to produce it?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Thank you for making the parentheses thing an option.

- Fix for week view stuck at 0 after new event works. I noticed the same issue happens after editing an event, but only when the virtual keyboard is onscreen while exiting the edit scene.
    Some of the at 0 things I can't fix or the fix is worse than the problem. It ends up wanting to scroll after any change to the view - i.e. you scroll it manually, then it wants to auto scroll right after. I think it is a bug in the scene transitions.

- Location people picker does not show the contact-images. Is it just me?
    I get some, my google ones, not others.

- Location people picker does not shift up when virtual keyboard pops up. I have to close the VKB first before I can hit the Cancel button.
    I'll try to move it to the top of the screen.

- In what is the third option "Replace location" different from the second one? Both display the location people picker. I can't get the difference.
    "Replace" should wipe out anything you have in there with what you choose. Add should add what you choose plus a space to it. So if you have a name, it should add to the end of it.

- Can you make the adress picker wider? It is not wide enough to display enough of some adresses, and the text can not be scrolled (see attached screenshot). We have enough screen real estate, I think, to make this view wider.
    - *perfectionism*: I noticed the location field is somewhat too wide and ovelaps with the people picker button (see the attached screenshot)
    - I could not find where I can display the map options outside of the edit scene.

Thanks again for your work.
    I'll see what I can do with these two. Thanks.

edit: No I can't position the people picker. I'll search the dev forums to see if anyone figured it out. The map options are in the detail view of an event. If there's a location in the event you can push the map icon to launch the maps app.
    Last edited by frantid; 11/23/2011 at 10:10 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    thanks,

regarding the contact images, I have all my contacts on exchange, and no image shows up.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  5.    #565  
    thanks,

regarding the contact images, I have all my contacts on exchange, and no image shows up.
    Are they global address book things? I think I have to turn that on for it to pick it up. I'll try it.

I can't seem to move the people picker. They have it hard coded to open at center.

I'm not sure about the hanging keyboard. What are the steps to produce it?
    Create event - enter event name - tap on picker - tap in search box - enter search key - tap on desired person - tap on done - keyboard hangs.

While doing this, I realized that what I did was OK for testing, but was not real life example - in reality I would need to adjust date or time and that triggers the KB to go away.

Probably means this is a non-problem (given artificial test case and the workarounds - diss manually, or do location then event title)

=====================

Kratus picture issue - all the pix I have in Contacts display - they were added by me in TP and I do not have Face Book synergy turned on in contacts, if that helps. And I think I have the patch installed to disallow Google cruddy pictures replacing good quality ones on TP.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Are they global address book things? I think I have to turn that on for it to pick it up. I'll try it.

I can't seem to move the people picker. They have it hard coded to open at center.
    no, my contacts are not in global adress book, just my contacts.

If you can't move the people picker it's nit a big deal, but I find it always better when things shift up by VKB popup.

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities

"Replace" should wipe out anything you have in there with what you choose. Add should add what you choose plus a space to it. So if you have a name, it should add to the end of it..
    Replace works as noted

Insert does not prepend a space - so if I had typed in "Tracy" and then did insert - the inserted addr butted right up to Tracy
    Dave
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just noticed my missing contacts image is a general problem on my TouchPad. They do not appear in the contacts app neither. So I think this is webOS 3.0 related, as they show up just fine on my pre3, syncing with the same exchange server.

The map options are in the detail view of an event. If there's a location in the event you can push the map icon to launch the maps app.
    Aha! I have both tap on event options set to EDIT - so I did not see the map Icon - turned the option to View in Agenda view and voile' - there it was.

I had evolved to EDIT in both options - all the data was there in EDIT and so it just like VIEW with the option to change if that was needed or my intent.

So ..... is is feasible to add the Map option into EDIT? Or does that cause all sorts of issues?????
    Dave
  11.    #571  
    Replace works as noted

Insert does not prepend a space - so if I had typed in "Tracy" and then did insert - the inserted addr butted right up to Tracy
    I can fix this.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Aha! I have both tap on event options set to EDIT - so I did not see the map Icon - turned the option to View in Agenda view and voile' - there it was.

I had evolved to EDIT in both options - all the data was there in EDIT and so it just like VIEW with the option to change if that was needed or my intent.

So ..... is is feasible to add the Map option into EDIT? Or does that cause all sorts of issues?????
    ah, that's probably why I could not find the map thing.
    I find it would be useful to have the maps icon in the edit scene anyway.

13.    #573  
    Hanging KeyBoard does NOT happen if there is no address in the selected person record.

Thought - you can edit the done/send button, right!? How about inserting a KeyBoard go away command there.
    There's the keyboard down button, bottom right on the keyboard.

14.    #574  
    ah, that's probably why I could not find the map thing.
    I find it would be useful to have the maps icon in the edit scene anyway.
    I will add an option to the popup for map if there is something in the location field.

15.    #575  
    Uploaded 1-10: fixed the insert address not including the space. Added a map choice. Removed length limit for multiple address detail popup. fixed overlap of location field and button.

Uploaded 1-10: fixed the insert address not including the space. Added a map choice. Removed length limit for multiple address detail popup. fixed overlap of location field and button.
    Re 1-10

"Mavelous, dahlin" as Billie Crystal would say.

Space added - check
    Map choice - check
    Length limit - assume check - have not tested that yet
    Overlap fix - assume check - have not tested yet

AND - THE KEYBOARD HANG IS GONE

Was gonna reply to your "keyboard disappear key" comment with words relative to it not being there when I was using wireless KB - and then you made the hang - NOT1

Thanks again - for all you do, with amazing speed.
    Dave
    Some of the at 0 things I can't fix or the fix is worse than the problem. It ends up wanting to scroll after any change to the view - i.e. you scroll it manually, then it wants to auto scroll right after. I think it is a bug in the scene transitions.

I get some, my google ones, not others.

I'll try to move it to the top of the screen.

"Replace" should wipe out anything you have in there with what you choose. Add should add what you choose plus a space to it. So if you have a name, it should add to the end of it.

I'll see what I can do with these two. Thanks.

edit: No I can't position the people picker. I'll search the dev forums to see if anyone figured it out. The map options are in the detail view of an event. If there's a location in the event you can push the map icon to launch the maps app.
    Re 1-10

"Mavelous, dahlin" as Billie Crystal would say.

Space added - check
    Map choice - check
    Length limit - assume check - have not tested that yet
    Overlap fix - assume check - have not tested yet

AND - THE KEYBOARD HANG IS GONE

Was gonna reply to your "keyboard disappear key" comment with words relative to it not being there when I was using wireless KB - and then you made the hang - NOT1

Thanks again - for all you do, with amazing speed.
    Enough fun - of course it is not a problem with wireless KB - there is no virtual KB on the screen ---- GRIN
    Dave
  18.    #578  
    You had me going there for a bit. I don't have a wireless KB. I forgot about the keyboard down button myself.

With the people picker, you just have to tap outside of it to cancel. So you don't have to close the keyboard first.

You had me going there for a bit. I don't have a wireless KB. I forgot about the keyboard down button myself.

With the people picker, you just have to tap outside of it to cancel. So you don't have to close the keyboard first.
    No longer hav e to worry - the hang disappeared with one of your changes today - may it rest in pieces.
    Dave
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    1-10 works like a charm, thank you frantid.