5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You both need to put the concatenated.jsjsjs $file$ $on$ $your$ $system$. $You$ $get$ $it$ $by$ $extracting$ $it$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$. $I$ $recommend$ $using$ $7zip$, $it$ $is$ $free$, $fast$ $and$ $respects$ $the$ $linux$ $formatting$ $on$ $extraction$ -- $winZip$ $and$ $others$ $do$ $not$ $do$ $it$ $sometimes$. $Just$ $open$ $the$ $doctor$ $and$ $keep$ $drilling$ $into$ $the$ $biggest$ $file$ $until$ $you$ $see$ $the$ $root$ $file$ $structure$. $Get$ $it$ $on$ $your$ $TP$ $and$ $move$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $correct$ $location$.

Did you both do the OTA? I wonder why this file is not included in the OTA.
    yep, did OTA. after installing the missing file everything works great. thank you for the wonderful extensions to the calendar!
  2.    #542  
    What do you guys think of this for week all day events? It will scroll vertically so I don't have to do the "more events". The second screen shot is to show that I modified week all day and month's events to show what is in the parentheses as the title. So you can see google weather temps in the event display, but you could also put whatever you want in parentheses and it will choose that as the display title.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #543  
    Updated first post to 1-8.

Changed the way week all day events are displayed in week view to vertically ordered and scrollable.

Made the agenda list watch for calendar toggling.

Fixed month view not observing toggling of calendars.

Attempt at fixing day view stuck at 0 after new events.

Changed week and month so they display the temperatures between the parentheses i.e. google weather -- will actually use anything longer than 5 characters in parentheses as the displayed subject. So you could do something like this for the subject:

"Meeting with Hilton conference (call 555 1234)"

And month view or week all day would display "(call 555 1234)" as the subject.

Thanks for testing.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    is it possible to have the location be filled in via the contacts like in the phone version? I found that so very helpful.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just tested 1-8.
    It works great, as usual!

Just a few things:
    -the week view stuck at 0 after new events is still there (day view is fixed)
    -the new feature for temperatures display should be an option. I entered all birthdays in the following form "John's birthday (1962)". Now I only see "(1962)". As I don't use google weather, I would like to be able to turn this feature off in the prefs.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  6.    #546  
    @toaste - I'll work on it.

@Kratus, thanks. I'll make it optional, unless I can make it just for google weather. I was never able to do it on previous versions, maybe 3.x is different. Edit: I'll look at the week view at 0 thing.
    You mean just like the month view? I was thinking about trying something to that effect for the week view. I haven't really had a lot of time to play with it lately.
    Sorry to not respond sooner - the #$@! Forum is not honoring my subscription - so I am not getting emails of posts, which trigger me to look, think and respond. I will shift to several looks at the thread each day to ensure I stay up to speed.
    I am having a problem getting corrupted email attachments so need to do restart of TP and try again to get !-8
    Back soon!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Sorry to not respond sooner - the #$@! Forum is not honoring my subscription - so I am not getting emails of posts, which trigger me to look, think and respond. I will shift to several looks at the thread each day to ensure I stay up to speed.
    I am having a problem getting corrupted email attachments so need to do restart of TP and try again to get !-8
    Back soon!
    Mutter, mutter, curse, swear! "email attachment" not working -- either for 1-8 patch or you 2 recent pix -- so cannot try latest.

Restartes TP but still getting 3 byte undefined unnamed file.

Any ideas?
    Dave
    What do you guys think of this for week all day events? It will scroll vertically so I don't have to do the "more events". The second screen shot is to show that I modified week all day and month's events to show what is in the parentheses as the title. So you can see google weather temps in the event display, but you could also put whatever you want in parentheses and it will choose that as the display title.
    Not having seen the 'real deal', and looking just at your pic -- I like the way you did it.
    having the third entry being 1/2 visible is excellent trigger " there are more to see ". I used the same approach when I modded the Launcher to display 8 x 5+ icons with partial icon triggering 'need' to scroll for more.

Nice Job, sir!
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I just tested 1-8.
    It works great, as usual!

Just a few things:
    -the week view stuck at 0 after new events is still there (day view is fixed)
    -the new feature for temperatures display should be an option. I entered all birthdays in the following form "John's birthday (1962)". Now I only see "(1962)". As I don't use google weather, I would like to be able to turn this feature off in the prefs.
    When I played with weather, the "force" told me someone was gonna want the content revised to show only the meat - decided to handle Bdays as Name '43 for same reason as your approach. Grin - I guessed right looks like.

Stopped using weather due to fluff, but likely to go back with the change.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 11/21/2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: typo
    Dave
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Mutter, mutter, curse, swear! "email attachment" not working -- either for 1-8 patch or you 2 recent pix -- so cannot try latest.

Restartes TP but still getting 3 byte undefined unnamed file.

Any ideas?
    I had the same issue with attachements.
    Downloaded the file to my Dropbox.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  12.    #552  
    Back soon!
    No worries, the forum seems to be under construction a lot these days. Plus I haven't really had time to do much work on the patch lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I had the same issue with attachements.
    Downloaded the file to my Dropbox.
    Thanks, Kratus

Jogged my tired old brain - was having this problem before and then it went away - so I forgot I should download to my pc and then email it so I could get it on the TP to open via Internals\z

Brain fart at the end of a longish day
    Dave
    Updated first post to 1-8.

Changed the way week all day events are displayed in week view to vertically ordered and scrollable.

Made the agenda list watch for calendar toggling.

Fixed month view not observing toggling of calendars.

Attempt at fixing day view stuck at 0 after new events.

Changed week and month so they display the temperatures between the parentheses i.e. google weather -- will actually use anything longer than 5 characters in parentheses as the displayed subject. So you could do something like this for the subject:

"Meeting with Hilton conference (call 555 1234)"

And month view or week all day would display "(call 555 1234)" as the subject.

Thanks for testing.
    Got it installed, finally

1. Week View Events solution - super, works very well for me!

2. Month reacting to cal toggle - works

3. Agenda tracking cal toggle - yep

4. Did not test the 0 stuck problem based on Kratus findings

5. Love the change to weather display and like the option of being able to get other (xxxx) to display as the event title replacement - can see many ways to use that

Making it optional is the best solution for Kratus - as opposed to doing it only for weather -- optionality leaves the "other than weather" options open to the rest of us

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - LOVIN THIS MORE AND MORE
    Dave
  15.    #555  
    I will make it an option and make it for 5 characters or more. That way you can do both if needed. I'll post it up tomorrow. I ran out of free time today.

16.    #556  
    Updated first post to 1-9. -- Attempted fix of week view stuck at 0 after new event. Added preference for using subject in parentheses. Add location people picker, works similar to phones. I did not put the map options in as you can do that outside of the edit scene already. See screenshots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 11/23/2011 at 04:12 AM.

Updated first post to 1-9. -- Attempted fix of week view stuck at 0 after new event. Added preference for using subject in parentheses. Add location people picker, works similar to phones. I did not put the map options in as you can do that outside of the edit scene already. See screenshots.
    Functionality works - but slight problem: the keyboard does not go away after using it to pick a person for location insertion
    Dave
  18.    #558  
    yeah, it takes a bit of practice. Try to tap on the popup on a separator line. The key is to select outside of the input without tapping a person. Unfortunately, I can't patch that popup.
    yeah, it takes a bit of practice. Try to tap on the popup on a separator line. The key is to select outside of the input without tapping a person. Unfortunately, I can't patch that popup.
    OR .... put in the address via selection then put in the event/appt words
    Dave
    Functionality works - but slight problem: the keyboard does not go away after using it to pick a person for location insertion
    Hanging KeyBoard does NOT happen if there is no address in the selected person record.

Thought - you can edit the done/send button, right!? How about inserting a KeyBoard go away command there.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 11/23/2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: typo
    Dave