• google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I buy his stuff to support what he does for Homebrew. I noticed this app and picked it up right away, and love it. I wish there was a thread here we could discuss it, I'd like to make some suggestions.
    You might want to PM him. I'm sure he would start a thread for it if asked.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I buy his stuff to support what he does for Homebrew. I noticed this app and picked it up right away, and love it. I wish there was a thread here we could discuss it, I'd like to make some suggestions.
    Thx a lot (and also thx to frantid for mentioning the app here). Here is the thread about:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post3239594
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  3.    #523  
    Updated first post to 304_1-6: fixed minute interval selector in edit view not following set preferences. Added a delete button to the bottom of the edit view, in between the cancel and save/send buttons.

thanks for testing.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thank you, frantid.
    I just installed it and played a little with it.
    It works perfectly for me.

[EDIT: perhaps the delete button at the bottom of the scene (under the notes field) no longer needs to be there, as we have it at the bootm of the view . In my opinion, it could be removed]
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  5.    #525  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    [EDIT: perhaps the delete button at the bottom of the scene (under the notes field) no longer needs to be there, as we have it at the bootm of the view . In my opinion, it could be removed]
    Makes sense. I'll remove it.

6.    #526  
    Updated first post 1-7, removed normal delete button in edit view.

thanks for testing.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I am a little confused about how this patch works. Does this patch turn the calendar into an Ubercalendar or should there be an icon on my launcher for Ubercalendar? I don't see any.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I am a little confused about how this patch works. Does this patch turn the calendar into an Ubercalendar or should there be an icon on my launcher for Ubercalendar? I don't see any.
    it turns the stock calendar into an awesome calendar app.
    So ,no extra icon in the launcher

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by metal321 View Post
    UberCalendar isn't a separate app. It is a patch - a patch changes, or adds to, already existing apps. Therefore, no new icon, the app that is patched will have some functional & interface changes after the patch is applied.

If you're new to webOS and aren't familiar with patching, there are several educational sources. In the App Catalog, there are two apps that contain the best & clearest set of instructions. They are the Preware Homebrew Documentation & WOSQI (WebOS Quick Install) documentation apps. They are $0.99 & the funds go directly to support Homebrew development.

You can also search for preware & WOSQI on the forums here (search titles only). You can also go to http://www.webos-internals.org Webos-internals is the group that developed preware.

To find out more about the many features of UberCalendar, please read the first post of this thread (good advice to do before asking questions in an app / patch thread). You will also find a link to the preferences guide for UberCalendar (sort of a wiki) in the signature of Frantid (one of the main developers of this patch). In the first post, there is also a zip file with the icon images needed for some features. The icon files need to be extracted & copied to the directory /media/internal/.scrims on your TouchPad. Please note the . (Period) before scrims - it is very important. If you create this directory when connected to a Windows machine via USB, Windows won't let you create a directory with a leading person in its name. You will need to install Internalz (see documentation referenced above) - an excellent file manager for webOS - and change the directory name with Internalz.
    Quote Originally Posted by metal321 View Post
    There's one more important piece of information that I didn't want to get lost in the other reply.

Before installing UberCalendar, you need to remove all other calendar related patches you already have installed. UberCalendar already contains the features all the other patches contain. Since UberCalendar & other calendar patches try to modify (patch) the some of the same bits of information, if one patch has already modified that code, the second patch will fail to install. This is called a conflict and occurs when a patch tries to install on a previously modified code. As a safety measure, patches will only install on a stock versions of an app. If it tries to install on a modified app, the results would be bad - resulting in unpredictable results - if the app would even run after a double patching.

All patches will check that the app to be patched is stock before patching to avoid this problem. This becomes a real issue when you try to install what I call "mega patches". These are patches that, like UberCalendar, touch SO much of the code, add SO many features, that it is easy to have conflicts. The best procedure is to start with a clean device, install the mega patches you desire, then install any other patches you desire. If one of the "other" patches fail to install with a conflict error, you know the mega patch already includes that functionality & the "other" patch isn't necessary.

Some examples of mega patches are: UberCalendar, email Mega Mix, browser Multi Mod, sconix's Advanced patches, and several others. A good rule of thumb is that if a patch changes more than one thing, treat it as a mega patch and install it before single purpose patches.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Here is the latest multilingual translation patch, including the latest additions.
    As usual, contains french, spanish and german languages.

Thanks to Pulp and CptOx for german and spanish translations.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you know that the all day events list in day and week view are scrollable - left/right? I think adding extra lines might be over kill.
    What if you treated the all day events like the other events in the week view, stacking multiple events side by side?

I agree with the need to show multiple events, however the scrolling left/right doesn't work for me when trying to make a quick assessment of what is going on for the week.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toddbecker View Post
    What if you treated the all day events like the other events in the week view, stacking multiple events side by side?

I agree with the need to show multiple events, however the scrolling left/right doesn't work for me when trying to make a quick assessment of what is going on for the week.
    I think if there is more than one al-day event, their width should be slightly reduced, just to make it more obvious that there are more than just one. I frequently oversee them.

14.    #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddbecker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I think if there is more than one al-day event, their width should be slightly reduced, just to make it more obvious that there are more than just one. I frequently oversee them.
    I'll try to play with it. See if I can't come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'll try to play with it. See if I can't come up with something.
    Suggestion --
    -- make room for 4 stacked entries
    -- if 4 or more, display 'More....' for the 4th (indicating more exist)
    -- tapping more would have same result as tapping the date (column header)
    -------- it would open that day's day view
    I cannot think of any other approach that will handle 'infinite' number of all-day-events other than your existing side-to-side (easy to miss some) -- unless you can stack an infinite (or fairly large) number ?
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    davidtm likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by margitc View Post
    Thanks a lot!

I didn't know the file structure of the touchpad so I was copying blind with WebOSQI so I installed Internalz. Once I could see where I was going I could get the file where it belongs and was finally able to get ubercalendar reinstalled.

(This touchpad keeps trying to correct all these 'words'. Driving me crazy.)
    glad I found your posts. I am having the same problem. Went through EPR several times without luck. The calendar is working fine, but I cannot install UC no matter what I try. The file concatenated.jsjsjs $is$ $also$ $missing$ $from$ $my$ ....$submission$/$42$/ $folder$. $Is$ $the$ $concatenated$.$js$ $file$ $generic$ $or$ $is$ $it$ $device$ $specific$? $If$ $the$ $first$, $would$ $it$ $be$ $possible$ $to$ $attach$ $it$ $here$?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have verified I have no other patches for email installed. The uber calendar worked prior to 3.0.4 upgrade. I removed it and then tried to put the compatible version for 3.0.4 on. Now it won't let me install it at all. I keep getting the same error and would love some guidance. I'm installing with Internalz and have attached the screenshot of the error I get right after I press to Install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Suggestion --
    I cannot think of any other approach that will handle 'infinite' number of all-day-events other than your existing side-to-side (easy to miss some) -- unless you can stack an infinite (or fairly large) number ?
    Good idea!

19.    #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by derausgewanderte View Post
    glad I found your posts. I am having the same problem. Went through EPR several times without luck. The calendar is working fine, but I cannot install UC no matter what I try. The file concatenated.jsjsjs $is$ $also$ $missing$ $from$ $my$ ....$submission$/$42$/ $folder$. $Is$ $the$ $concatenated$.$js$ $file$ $generic$ $or$ $is$ $it$ $device$ $specific$? $If$ $the$ $first$, $would$ $it$ $be$ $possible$ $to$ $attach$ $it$ $here$?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dabug911 View Post
    I have verified I have no other patches for email installed. The uber calendar worked prior to 3.0.4 upgrade. I removed it and then tried to put the compatible version for 3.0.4 on. Now it won't let me install it at all. I keep getting the same error and would love some guidance. I'm installing with Internalz and have attached the screenshot of the error I get right after I press to Install.
    You both need to put the concatenated.jsjsjs $file$ $on$ $your$ $system$. $You$ $get$ $it$ $by$ $extracting$ $it$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$. $I$ $recommend$ $using$ $7zip$, $it$ $is$ $free$, $fast$ $and$ $respects$ $the$ $linux$ $formatting$ $on$ $extraction$ -- $winZip$ $and$ $others$ $do$ $not$ $do$ $it$ $sometimes$. $Just$ $open$ $the$ $doctor$ $and$ $keep$ $drilling$ $into$ $the$ $biggest$ $file$ $until$ $you$ $see$ $the$ $root$ $file$ $structure$. $Get$ $it$ $on$ $your$ $TP$ $and$ $move$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $correct$ $location$.

Did you both do the OTA? I wonder why this file is not included in the OTA.

20.    #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Suggestion --
    You mean just like the month view? I was thinking about trying something to that effect for the week view. I haven't really had a lot of time to play with it lately.