5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #501  
    @TimBoch - maybe I can continue 3.0.2 for a little while longer. It would just be from the emulator and I'm not sure of the speed enhancements. But maybe for a couple of months until more apps get updated. What exactly are you experiencing in 3.0.4? I would stay away from any patches that haven't been tested and developed against 3.0.4.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    @TimBoch - maybe I can continue 3.0.2 for a little while longer. It would just be from the emulator and I'm not sure of the speed enhancements. But maybe for a couple of months until more apps get updated. What exactly are you experiencing in 3.0.4? I would stay away from any patches that haven't been tested and developed against 3.0.4.
    Looks like I'll be trying out the 3.0.4 version, since my TP updated itself last night. UC and google synch updated just fine. No found issues so far.
  3.    #503  
    Ok. I hope you don't have issues.

I'm not a big gamer, so maybe I don't see them. But, I have no issues on 3.0.4. I don't run any of the speed enhancement patches though.
    Since the 3.0.4 update, ubercalendar has not worked for me. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but I get an error, which I hope you can see in the attachment.

Is there any way to get this patch reinstalled?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When I had this problem, frantid advised:

Use the procedure on the bottom of the first post of the preference guide. You should be good after that.
    That worked like a champ for me!!

----------

If you scroll up thru earlier posts until you find one of his with his signature "block" at the end, there is a link for the preference guide. ((Has not been on the end of some of his posts lately -- but it is up there somewhere.)) I tried but failed in copying and pasting a link here.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 11/02/2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: typo
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    If you scroll up thru earlier posts until you find one of his with his signature "block" at the end, there is a link for the preference guide. ((Has not been on the end of some of his posts lately -- but it is up there somewhere.)) I tried but failed in copying and pasting a link here.
    Here is the link to the Guide - and the link to the procedure is at the bottom of the first post:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-uc-patch.html
    Dave
    Ok. I hope you don't have issues.

I'm not a big gamer, so maybe I don't see them. But, I have no issues on 3.0.4. I don't run any of the speed enhancement patches though.
    @frantid

The great stuff in you sig seems to have stopped appearing - especially the links
    Dave
  8.    #508  
    It happens when I'm using the mobile forums. Which usually means real life has me busy
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Here is the link to the Guide - and the link to the procedure is at the bottom of the first post:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-uc-patch.html
    [EDIT: just logged in to post this reply, and the screenshot attachment a few posts ago became available to open - i thought it would be useful to point out that i have the same error as margitc; the rest of my post is still valid, EPR doesn't fix whatever is preventing UC installation]

[EDIT2: i don't know much about patching webos, but i can navigate around a terminal easily enough - and i find it interesting that /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs $does$ $not$ $exist$. $the$ $error$ $log$ $states$ $that$ $it$ $is$ $saving$ '$rejects$' $into$ $a$ $similarly$ $named$ $file$ $with$ .$rej$ $appended$ $to$ $the$ $name$, $which$ $also$ $doesn$'$t$ $exist$. $shouldn$'$t$ $these$ $files$ $exist$ $at$ $some$ $point$??]

Any thoughts for a failed install that isn't fixed by running emergency patch recovery? I've never run UC on any device, so I don't even know what I'm missing (i could never get it installed on my pre+, maybe some setting carried over to my TP from my Pre+ via palm profile?)

The error is the same regardless of having other (non calendar related) patches installed or not:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$calendar$/$submission$/$42$/$concatenated$.$js$
    |index 2be0db1..181385d 100755
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored
    Last edited by bitflung; 11/02/2011 at 04:09 PM. Reason: added detail regarding concatenated.js file not present in filesystem
  10.    #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by bitflung View Post
    [EDIT: just logged in to post this reply, and the screenshot attachment a few posts ago became available to open - i thought it would be useful to point out that i have the same error as margitc; the rest of my post is still valid, EPR doesn't fix whatever is preventing UC installation]

[EDIT2: i don't know much about patching webos, but i can navigate around a terminal easily enough - and i find it interesting that /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs $does$ $not$ $exist$. $the$ $error$ $log$ $states$ $that$ $it$ $is$ $saving$ '$rejects$' $into$ $a$ $similarly$ $named$ $file$ $with$ .$rej$ $appended$ $to$ $the$ $name$, $which$ $also$ $doesn$'$t$ $exist$. $shouldn$'$t$ $these$ $files$ $exist$ $at$ $some$ $point$??]

Any thoughts for a failed install that isn't fixed by running emergency patch recovery? I've never run UC on any device, so I don't even know what I'm missing (i could never get it installed on my pre+, maybe some setting carried over to my TP from my Pre+ via palm profile?)

The error is the same regardless of having other (non calendar related) patches installed or not:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$calendar$/$submission$/$42$/$concatenated$.$js$
    |index 2be0db1..181385d 100755
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/42/concatenated.jsjsjs
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    7 out of 7 hunks ignored
    Very strange. Did you have a failed install at one time? I think UC is the only patch that touches that file.

Personally, I would replace the file with the one from the doctor. You are on 3.0.4 right?

You use 7zip to open up the doctor. Keep drilling into the biggest file until you see the root structure. Then extract the file in the error statement and transfer to the correct location. You can transfer with webOS QI or Internalz Pro with master mode on. I would slingshot closed the calendar app before transfer and restart Luna after the copy.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Very strange. Did you have a failed install at one time? I think UC is the only patch that touches that file.

Personally, I would replace the file with the one from the doctor. You are on 3.0.4 right?

You use 7zip to open up the doctor. Keep drilling into the biggest file until you see the root structure. Then extract the file in the error statement and transfer to the correct location. You can transfer with webOS QI or Internalz Pro with master mode on. I would slingshot closed the calendar app before transfer and restart Luna after the copy.
    thanks - that fixed it. not sure what else may have broken this or even how the calendar worked without that file, but pulling it back in from the doctor did the trick.

kinda nice how novacom and WQI can interact with the TP even during its very long boot cycle. i had the .jsjsjs $file$ $uploaded$ $and$ $UC$ $installed$ $before$ $it$ $was$ $done$ $booting$, $and$ $UC$ $works$ $great$ $now$!

thanks again
    -bit
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi.jar. I used 7Zip to dig around until I found concatenated.jsjsjs.
    I connected my Touchpad with WebOS QuickInstall and used Tools/Send File to Send to Device.
    I restarted the Touchpad and tried installing UberCalendar again but got the same error.

Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by margitc View Post

I downloaded webosdoctorp304hstnhwifi.jar. I used 7Zip to dig around until I found concatenated.jsjsjs.
    I connected my Touchpad with WebOS QuickInstall and used Tools/Send File to Send to Device.
    I restarted the Touchpad and tried installing UberCalendar again but got the same error.

Did I miss something?

Stupid question - did you send the file to the correct directory or just the root?

By any chance do either you or bitflung have / had installed a theme? Also a sort of left field idea, do you have pReader installed? Over on the pReader threads, we've found that the 3.0.4 update broke something very elemental (we're not sure what yet) & interferes with pReader & preware functionality and slams CPU utilization to near 100%.
  14.    #514  

Did I miss something?

If you have Internalz Pro installed, see if you can find the file and use "Info" to see when it was created. You can use any method really, just trying to verify that the file was copied to the right place.

Did you do the OTA update or doctor? I am wondering why you and bitflung have problems with the same file.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by bitflung View Post
    thanks - that fixed it. not sure what else may have broken this or even how the calendar worked without that file, but pulling it back in from the doctor did the trick.

kinda nice how novacom and WQI can interact with the TP even during its very long boot cycle. i had the .jsjsjs $file$ $uploaded$ $and$ $UC$ $installed$ $before$ $it$ $was$ $done$ $booting$, $and$ $UC$ $works$ $great$ $now$!

thanks again
    -bit
    Can you please do an ls of those directories under /usr/palm/frameworks/calendar/submission/ I'm wondering if the OTA did not update them correctly. If you didn't have that file, your TP might be running the older version of the calendar service. Because the calendar should not have worked without that file.

Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Stupid question - did you send the file to the correct directory or just the root?

By any chance do either you or bitflung have / had installed a theme? Also a sort of left field idea, do you have pReader installed? Over on the pReader threads, we've found that the 3.0.4 update broke something very elemental (we're not sure what yet) & interferes with pReader & preware functionality and slams CPU utilization to near 100%.
    Thanks a lot!

I didn't know the file structure of the touchpad so I was copying blind with WebOSQI so I installed Internalz. Once I could see where I was going I could get the file where it belongs and was finally able to get ubercalendar reinstalled.

(This touchpad keeps trying to correct all these 'words'. Driving me crazy.)
    touchpad keeps trying to correct all these 'words'. Driving me crazy.)
    If you look around the forums lately, a lot of people have been having problems with autocorrect being a little bonkers since the 3.0.4 update. Things like "correcting" a word while you're in the middle of typing it. So far, it seems like the only "solution" for those afflicted is to turn off autocorrect in the Text Assist app in the Settings page.
  18.    #518  
    Checkout MetaView's new app in the app catalog "Fast Entry". Let's you make a calendar event from the dashboard on the touchPad. Very cool.

P.S. -- MetaView doesn't advertise his apps on these UC threads, so I'm doing this without his consent. But I think his apps are great, and this one applies to the calendar. Also I think he deserves the recognition.

cheers.

Checkout MetaView's new app in the app catalog "Fast Entry". Let's you make a calendar event from the dashboard on the touchPad. Very cool.

P.S. -- MetaView doesn't advertise his apps on these UC threads, so I'm doing this without his consent. But I think his apps are great, and this one applies to the calendar. Also I think he deserves the recognition.

cheers.
    Dave
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

cheers.
    I buy his stuff to support what he does for Homebrew. I noticed this app and picked it up right away, and love it. I wish there was a thread here we could discuss it, I'd like to make some suggestions.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s