• google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'll see what I can do...
    Not a big deal to me - if it happened earlier I did not notice - until the OP triggered it for me to test and comment. Push it down on the list IMHO
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Not a big deal to me - if it happened earlier I did not notice - until the OP triggered it for me to test and comment. Push it down on the list IMHO
    I had a pretty good idea what was needed.

Updated first post to 1-5, fixed resize issues.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I had a pretty good idea what was needed.

Updated first post to 1-5, fixed resize issues.
    Worked like a charm - thanks fo being so responsive. Love this patch!!!!

Dave
    Worked like a charm - thanks fo being so responsive. Love this patch!!!!

Another suggestion - to make the Month View neater ... IMHO ...

Change the display order for each event/appointment to: calendar-color-indicator, then Icon (if any), then the event/appointment text.

This will allow the color-indicators to all line up, and then the variable stuff (icon, text) will be to the indicator's right - more orderly - IMHO

Just a thought - see what others think.

PS _ I have been beating my way through every option I can think of, and everything appears to be working OK.

PPS - did you manage to lay your hands on a TP?

PPPS - what is next on your docket for this wonderful beast (seems like most of the poll list is done, right?
    Dave
  5.    #485  
    Another suggestion - to make the Month View neater ... IMHO ...

Change the display order for each event/appointment to: calendar-color-indicator, then Icon (if any), then the event/appointment text.

This will allow the color-indicators to all line up, and then the variable stuff (icon, text) will be to the indicator's right - more orderly - IMHO

Just a thought - see what others think.
    I think I tried that at first. The colored circle image has this leading edge used for the week events. Fancy css magic tricks to save disk space, one image multiple functions, so playing with the spacing causes the leading edge in the week view to get messed up. I really don't like css, just don't have much experience with it

I'll look at it again.
    PS _ I have been beating my way through every option I can think of, and everything appears to be working OK.
    Thanks, there's a lot of multiples to test. I think it takes longer to test and QA, than it does to code a function.

PPS - did you manage to lay your hands on a TP?
    Yes, thanks to a forum member.

PPPS - what is next on your docket for this wonderful beast (seems like most of the poll list is done, right?
    Yes, poll features are finished. Groups and work week are what I'm hoping to do next. I'm trying to figure out groups right now. I think Kratus's idea of working work week into groups works really well on the phones. So I want to do something similar on the TP.

Those two might take a while. So as I figure it out, I might poke through the preference guide and see what I missed. Take requests etc....
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Yes, poll features are finished. Groups and work week are what I'm hoping to do next. I'm trying to figure out groups right now. I think Kratus's idea of working work week into groups works really well on the phones. So I want to do something similar on the TP.

Those two might take a while. So as I figure it out, I might poke through the preference guide and see what I missed. Take requests etc....
    Well, I have a suggestion for you (as if you were not expecting that ....) GRIN

Background:

I pretty much live in the month view. With it's ability to show a lot of data, coupled with the agenda view almost always providing any/all the details I need for my appointments and events - there is almost never any need for me to go to week or day - nearly always never!

Testing and what I noticed - lately:

I was is Month view for October and noticed that Agenda showed the current date thru the end of the month (plus 1 - 11/01 was there) and the whole agenda view was scrollable back to the beginning of the month - just as one would expect.

Got me to thinking and I made a note to ask if that agenda could always contain 31 days - from the current date - to cover the month end rollover and the desire to look ahead. BUT ..... More playing leads to more thoughts - see next paragraph.

As I played, I flipped the month view from October to November and it took a reasonable amount of time to populate (for the first time). Then I flipped back to October and it was there instantly - no repaint time. Then back to November and it was there instantly with no paint time. Hmmmmmmmmmm ... What has frantid been up to, I wondered.

More flipping led me to the conclusion that you have "buffered" 2 months worth of data as long as it has been loaded and that the 2 months are the last 2 that have been loaded - as long as they are consecutive and reached via swipe.

Now I can move thru the month-end transition - sitting in current month to see short term appointments and flipping ahead to get a longer view and then back and forth as needed- really fast once the first load has been made. I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT!

AND NOW COMES THE GOTCHA:

In the Agenda view, if you can detect that the next month has been loaded (is in the buffer), would it be possible to extend the Agenda view to include that next month's data? Without too much effort on your part?

Would allow me to use the agenda to look ahead via scroll And not have to flip ahead the month view and wait for the Agenda to catch up (a little bit of time).

This would extend the utility of the Agenda view and would probably benefit many (if not most) UBERCALENDAR users.

PLEASE!
    Dave
    Frantid,
    I don't know if it is 3.0.4 or the new version of UC, but the snooze alert dialog appears to be missing a few rows of pixels from the bottom.

FYI.
    Glenn
  8.    #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarvey View Post
    Frantid,
    I don't know if it is 3.0.4 or the new version of UC, but the snooze alert dialog appears to be missing a few rows of pixels from the bottom.

FYI.
    Glenn
    It's a bug, caused by the update. I've fixed it in the local testing patch. Thanks for the reminder, I'll post to Preware.

9.    #489  
    What has frantid been up to, I wondered.

More flipping led me to the conclusion that you have "buffered" 2 months worth of data as long as it has been loaded and that the 2 months are the last 2 that have been loaded - as long as they are consecutive and reached via swipe.

Now I can move thru the month-end transition - sitting in current month to see short term appointments and flipping ahead to get a longer view and then back and forth as needed- really fast once the first load has been made. I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT!

AND NOW COMES THE GOTCHA:

In the Agenda view, if you can detect that the next month has been loaded (is in the buffer), would it be possible to extend the Agenda view to include that next month's data? Without too much effort on your part?

Would allow me to use the agenda to look ahead via scroll And not have to flip ahead the month view and wait for the Agenda to catch up (a little bit of time).

This would extend the utility of the Agenda view and would probably benefit many (if not most) UBERCALENDAR users.

PLEASE!
    I can't take credit for the buffering, it is a default calendar app behavior. I'd have to find a way to reference the buffered data. There currently is no way to access it as each month is it's own object (in a generic object kind of way). If I do the buffering myself, it could cause memory problems. Meaning storing a large amount of data. Some people have over 500 events per month.

I have been thinking about modifying the agenda search to search the database instead of the cached agenda list. I suppose searching the database is searching the agenda. However, it wouldn't be fast and it would have to ignore the view's data.

I can't take credit for the buffering, it is a default calendar app behavior. I'd have to find a way to reference the buffered data. There currently is no way to access it as each month is it's own object (in a generic object kind of way). If I do the buffering myself, it could cause memory problems. Meaning storing a large amount of data. Some people have over 500 events per month.

I have been thinking about modifying the agenda search to search the database instead of the cached agenda list. I suppose searching the database is searching the agenda. However, it wouldn't be fast and it would have to ignore the view's data.
    I would say to NOT bother - the Agenda only takes about 1 - 1.5 seconds to repaint as I switch between month view - and that Is very acceptable -- so don't bother to switch if it means a change in your architecture, etc, etc.

My though was a nice-ity not a need-ity - now that I know more about the strucure - not worth the effort.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 10/25/2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: typo
    Dave
  11.    #491  
    The fixed version is now in Preware.

Thanks, as always, frantid. The week-view resizing issue looks to be resolved for me.

(BTW, I was not on the first update; although I was going through Preware, I had updated twice since first release of 3.0.4 version)

Thanks again for your responsiveness!
  13.    #493  
    Quote Originally Posted by treodoc755 View Post
    Thanks, as always, frantid. The week-view resizing issue looks to be resolved for me.

(BTW, I was not on the first update; although I was going through Preware, I had updated twice since first release of 3.0.4 version)

Thanks again for your responsiveness!
    l didn't understand the problem at first. Thanks for reporting it.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    hi frantid,

I alway use a "Minute Interval" setting of 15 minutes.
    But each time I launch the calendar, and want to create a new event, I get a minute interval of 5 minutes, despite the fact the event creation scene displays an interval of 15 minutes (see my screenshot).
    Can this "bug" be fixed?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  15.    #495  
    I'll take a look. Not sure why it doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi frantid,

I alway use the calendar in lanscape orientation.
    I have *a lot* of recurring events, and I very often need to delete just one occurence of a reccuring event.
    When I want to delete such an event, I have to do the following:
    1. tap on the event
    2. scroll the scene until the "delete" button shows up
    3. hit the button
    4. confirm

I would realy like to have a delete button in the same area as the "cancel" and "done" buttons, to avoid step 2. (see my attached mockup)

Thanks in advance.

Kratus
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,

here is the updated multiligual localization patch, for french, german and spanish for webOS 3.0.4.
    I am submitting it to preware today.

Thanks to CptOx and Pulp for the contributions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

18.    #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi frantid,

I alway use the calendar in lanscape orientation.
    I have *a lot* of recurring events, and I very often need to delete just one occurence of a reccuring event.
    When I want to delete such an event, I have to do the following:
    1. tap on the event
    2. scroll the scene until the "delete" button shows up
    3. hit the button
    4. confirm

I would realy like to have a delete button in the same area as the "cancel" and "done" buttons, to avoid step 2. (see my attached mockup)

Thanks in advance.

Kratus
    That should be pretty easy. I'll add it in.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    After having 3.0.4 update itself on my TouchPad and 3 doctors later to get it working again, I have chosen to stay at 3.0.2 for now. Is it also being updated with the new features as I haven't seen it updated in Preware.

Thanks for all your great work!!
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  20.    #500  
    No, I'm sorry but there are just too many versions of webOS out there 5 versions for phones. Too bad it is causing you problems. Hopefully your other apps will get updated to work better on 3.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    After having 3.0.4 update itself on my TouchPad and 3 doctors later to get it working again, I have chosen to stay at 3.0.2 for now. Is it also being updated with the new features as I haven't seen it updated in Preware.

Thanks for all your great work!!