5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #441  
    Corrected version is up in Preware. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Corrected version is up in Preware. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks
    WOW! That was fast. Just updated via preware. Mini month now shows October. Looks good! Thanks!
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by toburg View Post
    WOW! That was fast. Just updated via preware. Mini month now shows October. Looks good! Thanks!
    No problem, thanks for the report. Sorry about that, guess I jumped the gun on submitting to Preware the first time. Hopefully, there aren't other undiscovered problems.

I hope people won't hesitate to post errors, I can't fix them if I don't know about them.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I tried installing from preware and this is the error I get.

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppLaunch.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppView.jsjsjs.$the$
  5.    #445  
    You have to remove all other calendar patches. I believe you have one of the open in view patches installed.
    You have to remove all other calendar patches. I believe you have one of the open in view patches installed.
    thanks that was it.
  7.    #447  

You can choose which view you want to open in the preferences. They are under UberCalendar prefs.

You can choose which view you want to open in the preferences. They are under UberCalendar prefs.
    Thanks. Great piece of work by the way. 1000 times better than stock.
  9.    #449  
    So I'm curious about the speed improvements, I think UC should now be just as fast or faster than stock in some cases.

Is anyone seeing unexpected slowness or worse results after having UC installed compared to stock? I created a little preload algorithm, to help with event queries, but I couldn't test all scenarios out before release.

@Kratus - any improvement in your 5 sec delay in selecting week view?

@silverbackdave - you should be seeing less week view redraw, correct?

So I'm curious about the speed improvements, I think UC should now be just as fast or faster than stock in some cases.

Is anyone seeing unexpected slowness or worse results after having UC installed compared to stock? I created a little preload algorithm, to help with event queries, but I couldn't test all scenarios out before release.

@Kratus - any improvement in your 5 sec delay in selecting week view?

@silverbackdave - you should be seeing less week view redraw, correct?
    Sorry for lack of responses - relying on the forum to send me emails (via subscription) to keep me posted on this thread and for some reason It stopped sending -- no emails meant no action on the thread ----WRONG!

Now I am not able to install latest from post-1 and not able to remove whatever version I have installed - the first one from here for 3.0.4 I am fairly sure.

I know info on delete is in prior post so will track it down and then get the latest in and tested thoroughly.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 10/21/2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typos
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Hi there.

I am not able to install this patch on my TP. I tried it with Preware and Internalz Pro.

Here is the red part of the IPK-Log

Code:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/MiniMonth.jsjsjs,
    $which$ $already$ $exists$! $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$MiniMonth$.$js$.$rej$
    $The$ $next$ $patch$ $would$ $create$ $the$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$UberAgenda$.$js$,
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$UberAgenda$.$js$.$rej$
    $The$ $next$ $patch$ $would$ $create$ $the$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$week$.$js$,
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$week$.$js$.$rej$
    No other patches installed, only Uber Kernel. TP is running 3.0.4.

Can anyone help me?

Greetings from Germany

K-Mille-T
  12.    #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Mille-T View Post
    Hi there.

I am not able to install this patch on my TP. I tried it with Preware and Internalz Pro.

Here is the red part of the IPK-Log

Code:
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/MiniMonth.jsjsjs,
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$MiniMonth$.$js$.$rej$
    $The$ $next$ $patch$ $would$ $create$ $the$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$UberAgenda$.$js$,
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$UberAgenda$.$js$.$rej$
    $The$ $next$ $patch$ $would$ $create$ $the$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$week$.$js$,
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$calendar$/$app$/$week$.$js$.$rej$
    No other patches installed, only Uber Kernel. TP is running 3.0.4.

Can anyone help me?

Greetings from Germany

K-Mille-T
    Hi, is that the complete error? You can use Internalz Pro to delete the files listed in the error message. They are files that are created by the patch. In your case deleting will not cause you harm. Just make sure you have master mode on. Then you need to restart Luna and you should be able to install.

Just curious, did you update without removing the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Sorry for lack of responses - relying on the forum to send me emails (via subscription) to keep me posted on this thread and for some reason It stopped sending -- no emails meant no action on the thread ----WRONG!

Now I am not able to install latest from post-1 and not able to remove whatever version I have installed - the first one from here for 3.0.4 I am fairly sure.

I know info on delete is in prior post so will track it down and then get the latest in and tested thoroughly.
    OK - looks like I am screwed up 9or screwed) - my situation:

-- 3.0.4 installed before I had chance to do any prep for it - should only have affected a self administered changes to the launcher to go to 9x7 icons - and that stuff disappeared when the 3.0.4 install over-wrote the files - not a big deal. BTW added back Okay!
    -- I waited and installed your 304_1-1 went fine, looked good quick run thru found it working
    -- Somewhere In here Preware was updated to be aware of 3.0.4 and so the patches available became only the ones signifies for that version
    -- Just noticed today that I had missed changes (see above Quote) and so I wanted to uninstall your 304_1-1 and install 304_1-3 and test.
    -- UberCal is installed based on visual inspection of Calendar (and the lst one I did was 304_1-1

-- Cannot find it with Preware in order to uninstall - always had been list in Preware but not now (and maybe not since Preware was updated for 3.0.3 - but not sure when UBERCALENDAR disappeared from Preware) Does not show in available patches or installed patches or installed anything and does not appear in Preware's list of all installed - flat out is not seen by Preware at all - except in failed install tries..
    -- Attempting to install either 304_2-3 or the Preware version 3.0.4-6 fails due to "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected"

HELP - what can I do to get out of this mess and get the old UBERCALENDAR uninstalled so I can move ahead with the latest.

HELP!
    Dave
  14.    #454  
    Use the procedure on the bottom of the first post of the preference guide. You should be good after that.

Use the procedure on the bottom of the first post of the preference guide. You should be good after that.
    I already took a long hard look at that (have used that process when doing Pre upgrades and Pre patch elimination to get uber type patches installed by doing them first and then letting the install of conflicting patches fail.

I am quite sure that process will fail as it seems it relies on the All Installed File to delete as well as for the 2nd pass install - and UberCalendar is not on the list..

If the delete process relies on the list, it will not find UberCalendar to remove it.

If the delete process can somehow detect unlisted patches then it will work.

So, is this still the way to go - meaning UberCalendar will get removed even tho it is not on the list.
    Dave
  16.    #456  
    Yes, EPR will remove unlisted patches.

Perhaps after a luna restart Preware will pick up the new patch.
    Last edited by frantid; 10/21/2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Hi, is that the complete error? You can use Internalz Pro to delete the files listed in the error message. They are files that are created by the patch. In your case deleting will not cause you harm. Just make sure you have master mode on. Then you need to restart Luna and you should be able to install.

Just curious, did you update without removing the patch?
    Thank you for your help. Deleting the files did work. Great job.

Greetings from germany.

K-Mille-T

tried both luna and system restart -- so am 'off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz -- aka EPR
    Dave

WORKED - as you knew It would - THANKS!

Repaints ARE Faster - nice job!!!

Will shake things down later, and let knowresults
    Dave
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Since I updated to 3.0.4 and installed the latest patch Ubercalendar from my notifications don't look perfect anymore. See attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images