View Poll Results: Most important feature to port

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • date time picker in edit event

    19 34.55%
  • more snooze and alarm options

    6 10.91%
  • repeat notifications

    4 7.27%
  • templates

    2 3.64%
  • icon picker

    5 9.09%
  • timezone mod

    2 3.64%
  • custom repeats

    3 5.45%
  • week numbering

    5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

    4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

    5 9.09%
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 963
Like Tree34Likes
  1. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #381  
    Hi frantid,

    sorry for not being very present on the forum recently, I was very busy with my real life job.

    Here are some localization-related questions:

    1. Strings consistency
    I extracted all the new strings from the latest 2-12 TouchPad patch to make the translations. I found out that some strings are not exactly the same as in the phone patch, essentialy because of translations beeing case-sensitive.This makes the translation work more tedious and increases fragmentation in my patch versions (IMHO).

    Here are some examples:

    Phone version:
    "all "
    "day "
    "Event Minute Interval"
    "1#Monthly on the last day|2#Monthly on the 2nd to last day|3#Monthly on the 3rd to last day|#Monthly on the #{dowCount}th to last day"
    "Max. Repeat"
    "Blink for Alert"
    "Delete this and future events"
    "Change this and future"
    "Current Timezone"


    TouchPad version:
    "All "
    "Day "
    "Minute Interval"
    "1#Monthly on the last day|2#Monthly on the 2nd to last day|3#Monthly on the 3rd to last day|3>#Monthly on the #{dowCount}th to last day"
    "Max. Repeats"
    "Blink for alerts"
    "Delete This And Future"
    "Change This And Future"
    "Current timezone"

    Would you mind to replace these last strings by the "phone" strings in a future update, to make things a little more consistent?

    2. Strange value:
    This one lets me puzzled: "3 hours, 40 minutes before". Are you sure this is not meant to be "3 hours, 30 minutes before"? The minute count in your code matches 3h40 but I don't understand why it isn't 3h30...

    3. Options I do not understand
    Can you explain what the following options do?
    "Link off after load"
    "Auto confirm swipe in agenda"

    Thank you in advance for your answers, and thank you again for your work at making life with the TouchPad even better.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  2. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #382  
    Hi frantid,

    I forgot another localization question: grammar.

    I have localization problems in two areas:

    1. For week-number displaying
    In the phone patches, we wrote "W#{weekStr}" to enable gramatically accurate localization. For the same reason, in the TouchPad patch, we should have something like:
    this.$.weekNumber.setContent($L("Wk #{weekStr}"));
    this.$.weekNumber.setContent($L("Wk #{weekStr}-#{weekStr2}"));
    instead of:
    this.$.weekNumber.setContent($L("Wk ") + weekNumber)
    this.$.weekNumber.setContent($L("Wk ") + weekNumber + "-" + weekNumber2);

    2. For event moving and copying
    We should have something like:
    msg = this.uberMode === 0 ? $L('Move #{msg} to #{dtxt}') : $L('Copy #{msg} to #{dtxt}');
    msg = this.uberMode === 0 ? $L('Move #{subject} to #{dtxt}') : $L('Copy #{subject} to #{dtxt}');
    instead of:
    msg = this.uberMode === 0 ? $L('Move ') + msg + $L(" to ") + dtxt : $L('Copy ') + msg + $L(" to ") + dtxt;
    msg = this.uberMode === 0 ? $L('Move ') + subject + $L(" to ") + dtxt : $L('Copy ') + subject + $L(" to ") + dtxt;

    Could you do that?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  3. #383  
    Link off after load turns off the link between agenda and the right panel - sadly it does not seem to work correctly yet, because if you start in week view the agenda should change to week view aswell and then disable the link. Instead it disables it before updating the agendaview.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  4. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Link off after load turns off the link between agenda and the right panel - sadly it does not seem to work correctly yet, because if you start in week view the agenda should change to week view aswell and then disable the link. Instead it disables it before updating the agendaview.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks.
    That's probably why I could'nt figure out what it does.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  5. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #385  
    Hi frantid,

    could you please change the option colors for deleting or moving events to match the colors of the options on the phones?

    (see the attached screenshots)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi frantid,

    sorry for not being very present on the forum recently, I was very busy with my real life job.

    Here are some localization-related questions:

    1. Strings consistency


    "1#Monthly on the last day|2#Monthly on the 2nd to last day|3#Monthly on the 3rd to last day|3>#Monthly on the #{dowCount}th to last day"
    I'll change all the translations as suggested, I can't change this one as there seems to be a bug and it needs the '3>'

    2. Strange value:
    This one lets me puzzled: "3 hours, 40 minutes before". Are you sure this is not meant to be "3 hours, 30 minutes before"? The minute count in your code matches 3h40 but I don't understand why it isn't 3h30...
    Good catch thanks. I'll fix it.

    3. Options I do not understand
    Can you explain what the following options do?
    "Link off after load"
    "Auto confirm swipe in agenda"

    Thank you in advance for your answers, and thank you again for your work at making life with the TouchPad even better.
    The auto confirm swipe is so you don't have to push delete in the agenda list. The 2 boxes shouldn't appear in the list "cancel" & "delete". It has some bugs, but I think I got it in the latest one.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Link off after load turns off the link between agenda and the right panel - sadly it does not seem to work correctly yet, because if you start in week view the agenda should change to week view aswell and then disable the link. Instead it disables it before updating the agendaview.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Actually this is on purpose, I didn't want to re-enable link on restart. In other words I didn't want to refresh the list if you closed and re-opened the calendar. So if you slingshot the calendar and restart it you will see it work the way you expected.

    But maybe, I have to change it so that that option means always reload on restart and then off???
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  8. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #388  
    Hi frantid,

    sorry for the numerous posts, but I actually catch up things I wanted to report for some time but I could'nt because time lacked to do so.

    I found a bug in the TouchPad's mini-month week numbers.

    A few days ago, I felt embarrased as I was in a professional meeting and I had not the same week number for an event in april 2012 with UC on my TouchPad as the other attendees had. I compared with the weeknumber reported by UC on my pre3 and noticed the weeknumbers were actually different on my pre3 datepicker and on the mini-month of my TouchPad.

    We were looking to set a meeting in the week of april 2nd 2012.
    The correct weeknumber is 14, but UC's mini-month reports the weeknumber as beeing 15.
    Toggling ISO numbering in UC prefs had no effect.

    See the attached screenshots: the same week, beginning on march 26th 2012 is reported as week nr 13 in the march mini-month, and as week nr 14 in the april mini-month.

    Could you please fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  9. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'll change all the translations as suggested, I can't change this one as there seems to be a bug and it needs the '3>'
    That's what I thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The auto confirm swipe is so you don't have to push delete in the agenda list. The 2 boxes shouldn't appear in the list "cancel" & "delete". It has some bugs, but I think I got it in the latest one.
    Well, it did not work for me on 2-11, that's why I asked.
    Now I know how to translate it

    Thanks for your answers
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    That's what I thought.


    Well, it did not work for me on 2-11, that's why I asked.
    Now I know how to translate it

    Thanks for your answers
    Thank you for YOUR work.

    I think that bug maybe only on the emulator. I tried it on my TP and it works without the '3>'. Odd, but I think I recall reading on the Palm dev forums there were some bugs on the emulator that were not on the devices.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  11. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Thank you for YOUR work.

    I think that bug maybe only on the emulator. I tried it on my TP and it works without the '3>'. Odd, but I think I recall reading on the Palm dev forums there were some bugs on the emulator that were not on the devices.
    Don't worry about it. If it works on both emulator and device, let it as it is.
    The translation is already done with the new syntax.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi frantid,

    sorry for the numerous posts, but I actually catch up things I wanted to report for some time but I could'nt because time lacked to do so.

    I found a bug in the TouchPad's mini-month week numbers.

    A few days ago, I felt embarrased as I was in a professional meeting and I had not the same week number for an event in april 2012 with UC on my TouchPad as the other attendees had. I compared with the weeknumber reported by UC on my pre3 and noticed the weeknumbers were actually different on my pre3 datepicker and on the mini-month of my TouchPad.

    We were looking to set a meeting in the week of april 2nd 2012.
    The correct weeknumber is 14, but UC's mini-month reports the weeknumber as beeing 15.
    Toggling ISO numbering in UC prefs had no effect.

    See the attached screenshots: the same week, beginning on march 26th 2012 is reported as week nr 13 in the march mini-month, and as week nr 14 in the april mini-month.

    Could you please fix this?
    I like the feedback, so don't worry about the number of posts. It's good to know where the bugs are and that I'm not the only one testing. So thank you for the multiple posts

    Odd, maybe I fixed something without knowing it, but I can't replicate this error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  13. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I like the feedback, so don't worry about the number of posts. It's good to know where the bugs are and that I'm not the only one testing. So thank you for the multiple posts

    Odd, maybe I fixed something without knowing it, but I can't replicate this error.
    I just double-checked: I still have it on 2-12, but only when ISO toogle is off.
    And now I have (always for the week starting on monday the 2nd april 2012):
    - week-nr in mini-month: 15
    - week-nr on week view: 13

    See my attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I just double-checked: I still have it on 2-12, but only when ISO toogle is off.
    And now I have (always for the week starting on monday the 2nd april 2012):
    - week-nr in mini-month: 15
    - week-nr on week view: 13

    See my attached screenshot.
    It seems the date.jsjsjs $version$ $has$ $an$ $error$ $when$ $the$ $first$ $day$ $of$ $the$ $week$ $is$ $Monday$ $and$ $the$ $day$ $being$ $tested$ $is$ $the$ $first$ $of$ $the$ $month$ $on$ $a$ $Sunday$. $There$ $may$ $be$ $other$ $failures$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $test$.

    I can't find any place on the date.jsjsjs $forums$ $where$ $this$ $is$ $discussed$. $I$ $think$ $the$ $best$ $bet$ $is$ $to$ $use$ $ISO$ $week$ $numbers$.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  15.    #395  
    Updated first post to 2-13. Translation fixes, kratus's button color requests, sped up launch, changed linked off on load to behave better.

    @kratus, I think I got them all. Just let me know if I missed any.


    Thanks for testing.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  16. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #396  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I think the best bet is to use ISO week numbers.
    That's what I did.
    It solves the issue in mini-month BUT now there is a difference between the week-number displayed in mini-month and the week-number displayed in week view.
    I have the same behavior on the device and in the emulator, see my attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  17. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #397  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Updated first post to 2-13. Translation fixes, kratus's button color requests, sped up launch, changed linked off on load to behave better.

    @kratus, I think I got them all. Just let me know if I missed any.


    Thanks for testing.
    wow, that was fast!

    I'll look at it this evening, and let you know.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  18.    #398  
    @Kratus - I was already in the middle of debugging the launch speed, so I had all the files loaded up.

    @All -- Updated first post to 2-14. Redid the week numbering to account for the date.jsjsjs $bug$. $Should$ $be$ $correct$ $now$.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    That's what I did.
    It solves the issue in mini-month BUT now there is a difference between the week-number displayed in mini-month and the week-number displayed in week view.
    I have the same behavior on the device and in the emulator, see my attached screenshot.
    Hopefully, the new version fixes this.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  20. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #400  
    Hopefully, the new version fixes this.
    yes, it is fixed when ISO week numbers are toggled off.
    When ISO is selected, the week number that is displayed in week view is different from the one displayed in mini-month (see my previous screenshot)


    -- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions