5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post

It is a good thought. Once my TP arrives I'm going to try to see first hand the speed of the app. I can't really judge speed enhancements in the emulator. It's one of the things I look forward to seeing.

As far as tech details: In month view the redraw might be faster than having to check for new versions of the events when switching views. The week view is actually comprised of the day views so it's a little muddy at the moment.
    A little knowledge is dangerous, and so .... attached PDF documents some logic that might work to avoid unneeded reconstruction in favor of using the last version displayed - without the "compare each day" routine.... reaching way, way, way back to my coding days.

Thanks for reading it through.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    A little knowledge is dangerous, and so .... attached PDF documents some logic that might work to avoid unneeded reconstruction in favor of using the last version displayed - without the "compare each day" routine.... reaching way, way, way back to my coding days.

Thanks for reading it through.
    Pretty cool, it is very similar to what was done to UC on the phones to speed up calendar creation. And it would work in the TP, if the views were static html containers or canvas drawings. It might work at a micro level.

Enyo is very different, every element is kind of live. What you see as a redraw is actually the elements themselves responding to being shown or different broadcast mechanisms. Instead of one thread creating the views, all the little pieces are interacting. It's pretty cool, Palm was trying to do something amazingly new and fresh with the javascript framework. It has it's weak points, but also strengths - for example toggling calendars doesn't take a redraw or a refresh.

You ought to download the sdk and make an app. You might like it. Developing isn't in my current job description anymore, it's a hobby.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #363  
    It works okay for me??? I'm not sure why it is not working for you. Did you try the normal steps, restart TP. Did it error on install?

Quote Originally Posted by c-h View Post
    The calendar that shows up is a google calendar (shared with 4 friends). This calendar was created on a PC years ago. We have an all-day item for each workday, Monday and Friday are individual (no repeats), Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are repeating until the end of the year.

Viewing main calendar in 1 day mode with 'Link' ON the appropriate 'all day' event for that day is shown. Nothing shows from the odd calendar on Sat/Sun entries as I expect. These all day items show with no background colour.

Happy to grant you access to the calendar or make it public view if that helps.
    It works okay for me??? I'm not sure why it is not working for you. Did you try the normal steps, restart TP. Did it error on install?
    I thought I followed the steps exactly (including restarts of TP). I will uninstall, restart and try again later today.
  5.    #365  
    I thought I followed the steps exactly (including restarts of TP). I will uninstall, restart and try again later today.
    Ok. If you are toggling calendars on/off the agenda list does not refresh. You actually have to swipe to the next day and back to get the list to refresh. This is because listening for calendar changes takes a big hit in processing time, so I chose not to do it. I suppose if enough people find it necessary I could change it. But there would be increased lag in it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    I unlinked the TP calendar app from both my google accounts; restarted the device; re-linked the google accounts and hey-presto everything works! The problem was with the TP calendar app, not with UberCalendar.

It's just that UberCalendar highlighted the calendar app error. Everything works EXACTLY as it should. UberCalendar is cool!

Thanks for taking the time to track down the fault - which wasn't with UberCalendar in the first place. I have already recommended this patch to more than a few of my colleagues in my office (I work for HP in the UK and many of us of got 'fire sale' devices).
  7.    #367  
    I unlinked the TP calendar app from both my google accounts; restarted the device; re-linked the google accounts and hey-presto everything works! The problem was with the TP calendar app, not with UberCalendar.

It's just that UberCalendar highlighted the calendar app error. Everything works EXACTLY as it should. UberCalendar is cool!

Thanks for taking the time to track down the fault - which wasn't with UberCalendar in the first place. I have already recommended this patch to more than a few of my colleagues in my office (I work for HP in the UK and many of us of got 'fire sale' devices).
    Your welcome, glad it's sorted. Thanks for reporting back, or I would have spent more time debugging. I'm glad it wasn't a problem with UC.

cheers

o-time likes this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    No idea whether this has been covered before. Excuse me if it has, but I don't wanna go through the complete thread again.

Is it possible that copying/moving events with the shortcut buttons can be done with less hassle. Now you get a popup and then when you press OK it still takes you to the event dialog. Would be great if we had 3 options in the popup:
    cancel: do nothing
    ok: directly move/copy the item to the time presented in the popup without a dialogbox following.
    edit: open the dialog box prefilled with the time to which you moved/copied the event.

Thx!!
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    No idea whether this has been covered before. Excuse me if it has, but I don't wanna go through the complete thread again.

Is it possible that copying/moving events with the shortcut buttons can be done with less hassle. Now you get a popup and then when you press OK it still takes you to the event dialog. Would be great if we had 3 options in the popup:
    cancel: do nothing
    ok: directly move/copy the item to the time presented in the popup without a dialogbox following.
    edit: open the dialog box prefilled with the time to which you moved/copied the event.

Thx!!
    I haven't found a way to bypass the edit scene yet. If I do, I'll implement it.

10.    #370  
    Updated first post to 2-11. Added "change this and future" and "delete this and future" functions for recurring events. Works the same as phones, please see the preference guide for information. Plus minor bug fixes.

Thanks for testing.

Has anyone been unable to install the patch from preware? I've been trying and get the following error:

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar-hd.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppLaunch.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/app/AppView.jsjsjs.$red$

Thanks
  12.    #372  
    I think you have another patch installed. Perhaps a start in view patch? There is a preference for it in UC. You need to uninstall the other patch first.
    I think you have another patch installed. Perhaps a start in view patch? There is a preference for it in UC. You need to uninstall the other patch first.
    That's what I thought but I double checked and don't have any other calendar related patches installed.
    Then you need to restore the original calendar files first.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Then you need to restore the original calendar files first.
    Ok, thanks. Is that done through the WebOS doctor? I'm a newbie and just got my TP.

Thanks
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Pretty cool, it is very similar to what was done to UC on the phones to speed up calendar creation. And it would work in the TP, if the views were static html containers or canvas drawings. It might work at a micro level.

Enyo is very different, every element is kind of live. What you see as a redraw is actually the elements themselves responding to being shown or different broadcast mechanisms. Instead of one thread creating the views, all the little pieces are interacting. It's pretty cool, Palm was trying to do something amazingly new and fresh with the javascript framework. It has it's weak points, but also strengths - for example toggling calendars doesn't take a redraw or a refresh.

You ought to download the sdk and make an app. You might like it. Developing isn't in my current job description anymore, it's a hobby.
    Hasn't been in mine for 30 yrs and you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks -- hopeless .....
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  18.    #378  
    @silverbackdave - LOL

@all, finally got my TP setup. Am I the only one that experiences the view switching to day view sometimes upon calendar app launch? I have it set to week and sometimes it flips to day view then back to week. Sometimes it stays at day. Anyone else see this?

I updated the first post to 2-12, an attempt to fix the opening view flip.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @all, finally got my TP setup. Am I the only one that experiences the view switching to day view sometimes upon calendar app launch? I have it set to week and sometimes it flips to day view then back to week. Sometimes it stays at day. Anyone else see this?

I noticed it too, and wanted to report it, but I couldn't find a scheme. Seems to be "random" behavior for me.

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi frantid,

sorry for not being very present on the forum recently, I was very busy with my real life job.

Here are some localization-related questions:

1. Strings consistency
    I extracted all the new strings from the latest 2-12 TouchPad patch to make the translations. I found out that some strings are not exactly the same as in the phone patch, essentialy because of translations beeing case-sensitive.This makes the translation work more tedious and increases fragmentation in my patch versions (IMHO).

Here are some examples:

Phone version:
    "all "
    "day "
    "Event Minute Interval"
    "1#Monthly on the last day|2#Monthly on the 2nd to last day|3#Monthly on the 3rd to last day|#Monthly on the #{dowCount}th to last day"
    "Max. Repeat"
    "Blink for Alert"
    "Delete this and future events"
    "Change this and future"
    "Current Timezone"

TouchPad version:
    "All "
    "Day "
    "Minute Interval"
    "1#Monthly on the last day|2#Monthly on the 2nd to last day|3#Monthly on the 3rd to last day|3>#Monthly on the #{dowCount}th to last day"
    "Max. Repeats"
    "Blink for alerts"
    "Delete This And Future"
    "Change This And Future"
    "Current timezone"

Would you mind to replace these last strings by the "phone" strings in a future update, to make things a little more consistent?

2. Strange value:
    This one lets me puzzled: "3 hours, 40 minutes before". Are you sure this is not meant to be "3 hours, 30 minutes before"? The minute count in your code matches 3h40 but I don't understand why it isn't 3h30...

3. Options I do not understand
    Can you explain what the following options do?
    "Link off after load"
    "Auto confirm swipe in agenda"

Thank you in advance for your answers, and thank you again for your work at making life with the TouchPad even better.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.