View Poll Results: Most important feature to port

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • date time picker in edit event

    19 34.55%
  • more snooze and alarm options

    6 10.91%
  • repeat notifications

    4 7.27%
  • templates

    2 3.64%
  • icon picker

    5 9.09%
  • timezone mod

    2 3.64%
  • custom repeats

    3 5.45%
  • week numbering

    5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

    4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

    5 9.09%
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 963
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #341  
    Can someone with a US Touchpad, please turn it over and see if it has this mark on it.



    It should be next to the Fcc symbol.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  2. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Can someone with a US Touchpad, please turn it over and see if it has this mark on it.

    Click to view quoted image

    It should be next to the Fcc symbol.
    Yes, it does.
  3.    #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Yes, it does.
    Thank you very much. I get to order my TouchPad now

    Thanks for the quick reply!!!
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    brum likes this.
  4. #344  
    Perhaps a bug: When I finished my alarm testing went back to my normal state: Alarms inhibited; Snooze display off; Blink off ---- alarms still occurring!!

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Perhaps a bug: When I finished my alarm testing went back to my normal state: Alarms inhibited; Snooze display off; Blink off ---- alarms still occurring!!

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just noticed those alarms that pop up are from a calendar that is NOT selected to be displayed - it is in the header list but not highlighted. Will turn it on and see if the alarms continue.

    Note: I use the 2nd cal for alerts only - take your pills, take trash to curb, etc and don't want them using space on my calendar display.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 10/06/2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: typo
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Just noticed those alarms that pop up are from a calendar that is NOT selected to be displayed - it is in the header list but not highlighted. Will turn it on and see if the alarms continue.

    Note: I use the 2nd cal for alerts only - take your pills, take trash to curb, etc and don't want them using space on my calendar display.
    Very odd, it should stop all reminders. You might need to slingshot the calendar and restart the calendar app. If those queued up while you had it on, then they will remain on. It would only stop the new ones from firing.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  7. #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Just noticed those alarms that pop up are from a calendar that is NOT selected to be displayed - it is in the header list but not highlighted. Will turn it on and see if the alarms continue.

    Note: I use the 2nd cal for alerts only - take your pills, take trash to curb, etc and don't want them using space on my calendar display.
    Tested - all alarms display, whether their cal is selected for display or not -- even when alarms are set as inhibited
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Tested - all alarms display, whether their cal is selected for display or not -- even when alarms are set as inhibited
    Double check you preference to make sure it stayed off.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Double check you preference to make sure it stayed off.
    I need to retest base on your last 2 posts - did not do kill cal, but did do the double chi - but joy after sling shot.

    Will test some more and report back.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 10/07/2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: typo
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    I need to retest base on your last 2 posts - did not do kill cal, but did do the double chi - but joy after sling shot.

    Will test some more and report back.
    How right you were, slingshotting after changing to no alarms did the trick. Did not realize there was a scan ahead on alarms -- do now!

    :thumbs:
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  11. brum's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #351  
    Is there a chance of a tweak to the display period buttons? At present they are not centred on the buttons, my biggest gripe.

    Also could the buttons be darkened to match the rest of the bar and perhaps add the white gradient finish to the inscriptions like in "buttons" in Photo and TapNote app.

    The alignment of the main header text in both week and month views are sitting almost on the bezel, any chance they can match the indentation of the day view?
    Last edited by brum; 10/08/2011 at 06:34 AM.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Is there a chance of a tweak to the display period buttons? At present they are not centred on the buttons, my biggest gripe.

    Also could the buttons be darkened to match the rest of the bar and perhaps add the white gradient finish to the inscriptions like in "buttons" in Photo and TapNote app.

    The alignment of the main header text in both week and month views are sitting almost on the bezel, any chance they can match the indentation of the day view?
    I have tried to tweak the buttons before, but never really found a satisfactory look for them. For patching, you have to work with what is there in the app. I can't add other images for button styling and css background effects.

    I can try to move the headers a bit.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  13. #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Is there a chance of a tweak to the display period buttons? At present they are not centred on the buttons, my biggest gripe.

    Also could the buttons be darkened to match the rest of the bar and perhaps add the white gradient finish to the inscriptions like in "buttons" in Photo and TapNote app.

    The alignment of the main header text in both week and month views are sitting almost on the bezel, any chance they can match the indentation of the day view?
    Observed: when switching between Day Week Month views, upon arriving at the new view (having been there recently - same session) the prior instance of that "new" view is displayed (?from buffer?), then data is erased, a pause (?computing?), then the data is overlayed into the view.

    Got me to thinking (dangerous, I know ): could eliminate the pause, blank, repaint --- if you could detect that there had been no change(s) since that view (its buffer) was last displayed.

    Just a thought from an active mind, -- not versed in enough knowledge to weigh possibility in this environment.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  14.    #354  
    This is a very nice turn of phrase:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Just a thought from an active mind, -- not versed in enough knowledge to weigh possibility in this environment.
    It is a good thought. Once my TP arrives I'm going to try to see first hand the speed of the app. I can't really judge speed enhancements in the emulator. It's one of the things I look forward to seeing.

    As far as tech details: In month view the redraw might be faster than having to check for new versions of the events when switching views. The week view is actually comprised of the day views so it's a little muddy at the moment.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  15. #355  
    I've just installed this patch (via an e-mail sent from the 1st post). It makes the calendar usable except I've found a bug - I think.

    The agenda view always shows the all-day events for one of my calendars. This happens if the calendar is selected or not. The entries for that calendar don't get highlighted in yellow, which they should be. If I add a 1 hour entry then that shows in yellow if I have the calendar selected (and isn't shown if it shouldn't be).

    Other than that it works perfectly.
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by c-h View Post
    I've just installed this patch (via an e-mail sent from the 1st post). It makes the calendar usable except I've found a bug - I think.

    The agenda view always shows the all-day events for one of my calendars. This happens if the calendar is selected or not. The entries for that calendar don't get highlighted in yellow, which they should be. If I add a 1 hour entry then that shows in yellow if I have the calendar selected (and isn't shown if it shouldn't be).

    Other than that it works perfectly.
    Can you tell me what type of calendar this is -- i.e. google, exchange, yahoo, etc? Was it made on the TP or elsewhere? Is it recurring or longer than one day? Any type of pattern would help so I know how to get it to repeat for me and then I can fix it.

    And the all day events stay, if the calendar is off and you swipe to the next day, week or month -- assuming you have an all day scheduled the next period?

    thanks.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  17. Kratus's Avatar
    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #357  
    Hi,
    I just noticed something, when I create a new event from week view: After I completed the event creation, the calendar week view begins at midnight: it does not scroll to the current time (preference is set to do so).

    -- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

    French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  18.    #358  
    Hi Kratus,

    Yes, definitely a bug. It does it at other times as well. I have been trying to find the error, but haven't found it yet. It's not caused by UC, it's a left over from the normal calendar.

    thanks for reminding me.
  19. #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Can you tell me what type of calendar this is -- i.e. google, exchange, yahoo, etc? Was it made on the TP or elsewhere? Is it recurring or longer than one day? Any type of pattern would help so I know how to get it to repeat for me and then I can fix it.

    And the all day events stay, if the calendar is off and you swipe to the next day, week or month -- assuming you have an all day scheduled the next period?

    thanks.
    The calendar that shows up is a google calendar (shared with 4 friends). This calendar was created on a PC years ago. We have an all-day item for each workday, Monday and Friday are individual (no repeats), Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are repeating until the end of the year.

    Viewing main calendar in 1 day mode with 'Link' ON the appropriate 'all day' event for that day is shown. Nothing shows from the odd calendar on Sat/Sun entries as I expect. These all day items show with no background colour.

    Happy to grant you access to the calendar or make it public view if that helps.
    Last edited by c-h; 10/10/2011 at 09:19 AM.
  20.    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by c-h View Post
    The calendar that shows up is a google calendar (shared with 4 friends). This calendar was created on a PC years ago. We have an all-day item for each workday, Monday and Friday are individual (no repeats), Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are repeating until the end of the year.

    Viewing main calendar in 1 day mode with 'Link' ON the appropriate 'all day' event for that day is shown. Nothing shows from the odd calendar on Sat/Sun entries as I expect. These all day items show with no background colour.

    Happy to grant you access to the calendar or make it public view if that helps.
    I'll send you a private message.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions