• google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    OK - Suggestions on icon, alarm, meeting placement - take look at the attached screen shot to see what is driving my suggestion.

Placement: Meeting - bottom right; Alarm - center right; Icon - top right

Logic:
    -- Icon is to help ID what appt/event is - so it is most important, at the top
    -- Alarm - we want to know if we set one, so it is next most important, close to the top
    -- Meeting - just as important as Alarm, but much, much less used so it loses the tie.

I am having a problem attaching the screen shot - so will attach to separate message.
    I think I have to put meeting icon bottom left. Because when you have an event that is just an hour or less, the 3 icons get crowded.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi,

here it is!

At least a release with french and german.
    There are still missing translations for spanish. I'll add them ASAP.

Please report any problem you could notice.

(And feel free to hit the "Thanks" button)
    Thanks Kratus.

Have you tried the option to turn off reminders? I know you have a lot of events, I'm just wondering if it has been going okay for you. I tested it, but probably not as much as you normally do on a day to day basis.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks Kratus.

Have you tried the option to turn off reminders? I know you have a lot of events, I'm just wondering if it has been going okay for you. I tested it, but probably not as much as you normally do on a day to day basis.
    well, I had the option disabled, for testing purposes.
    I just toogled it on, so I'll be able to tell you on monday, when business goes as usual.

EDIT: I can confirm that my TouchPad did not show any remider today, with reminder toggle set to "off".

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities
    Last edited by Kratus; 10/03/2011 at 01:34 PM.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just updated the translations here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3188826

Added spanish strings - thanks CptOx!
    Corrected german - thanks Pulp!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  5.    #325  
    well, I had the option disabled, for testing purposes.
    I just toogled it on, so I'll be able to tell you on monday, when business goes as usual.

EDIT: I can confirm that my TouchPad did not show any remider today, with reminder toggle set to "off".

-- Envoyé depuis mon HP TouchPad avec Communities

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I think I have to put meeting icon bottom left. Because when you have an event that is just an hour or less, the 3 icons get crowded.
    Sound good to me - the other 2 are most important to me, and the left placement is not a problem, even if I were to use meetings (the joy of being retired - no meetings - or only a few)
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks for the white band fix. Spotted a bug in the edit window the icon button sticks out past the screen in portrait orientation.

Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just posted a little update to the translations here:

If you do not use spanish, you do not need to update.

I'm submitting the patch to preware today.

9.    #329  
    Updated first post to 2-9, added: fix for icon picker in portrait mode. Fixed display of Snoozed banner and added a preference for turning it off.

Added timezone converter functions. Works the same as 2.1 phones, please see the preference guide for directions.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2842148-post13.html

thanks for testing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frantid; 10/04/2011 at 06:44 AM.

10.    #330  
    Hi,

I just posted a little update to the translations here:

If you do not use spanish, you do not need to update.

I'm submitting the patch to preware today.
    Thanks, Kratus.

Where do you think the most room for a templates toggle button or check box would be? I was thinking about the same row as the "All Calendars", but I remember you said space was limited there for translations. Maybe I could change it to "All Cals", but that might not translate well. What do you think?

11.    #331  
    Off Topic:

Did you guys see MetaView was able to make the 2.1 webos phones act like bluetooth gps's for the touchpads with MapTool Pro?

The calendar is my most used app, but the 10 inch TP screen would be nice as a gps monitor. Now I really have to get a TP.

Sorry for the off topic.

cheers.

Off Topic:

Did you guys see MetaView was able to make the 2.1 webos phones act like bluetooth gps's for the touchpads with MapTool Pro?

The calendar is my most used app, but the 10 inch TP screen would be nice as a gps monitor. Now I really have to get a TP.

Sorry for the off topic.

cheers.
    YES - SWEEEEET! Downloaded, but have yet to 'play' with it!
    Dave
    Updated first post to 2-9, added: fix for icon picker in portrait mode. Fixed display of Snoozed banner and added a preference for turning it off.

Added timezone converter functions. Works the same as 2.1 phones..
    1. Thanks much for the icon location changes - much appreciated.

2. Template "trigger" - suggestion: put a grey T just to the left of the search button - minimal space, the T will be enough for those in the know / using templates, and those not in the know can tap it and find out.

3. Not a time zone user - so no testing there (yet?)

4. Will look at snoozed banner, perhaps tonight.
    Dave
    1. Thanks much for the icon location changes - much appreciated.

2. Template "trigger" - suggestion: put a grey T just to the left of the search button - minimal space, the T will be enough for those in the know / using templates, and those not in the know can tap it and find out.

3. Not a time zone user - so no testing there (yet?)

4. Will look at snoozed banner, perhaps tonight.
    I found a bug with copy ....

With the source appt in the week view, selected the copy function, tapped the sourcecappt, activated the mini cal, moved it to the next month, tapped my desired to-date, confirmation dialogue showed the right target date ----- but the edit window never showed (so copy not created).

Same thing happens when the mini cal is already open when copy is selected -- and then the mini cal is moved.

Everything works fine if the mini cal is already open and NOT moved.

Just realized I did not test case of mini cal being closed at on-set and opened but not moved -- in the middle of the sequence --- will try that and report back. WORKS FINE!

All this was tested with 2-9
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 10/04/2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: completed missing test - worked ok
    Dave

With the source appt in the week view, selected the copy function, tapped the sourcecappt, activated the mini cal, moved it to the next month, tapped my desired to-date, confirmation dialogue showed the right target date ----- but the edit window never showed (so copy not created).

Same thing happens when the mini cal is already open when copy is selected -- and then the mini cal is moved.

Just realized I did not test case of mini cal being closed at on-set and opened but not moved -- in the middle of the sequence --- will try that and report back. WORKS FINE!

Tested time zone addition - working fine :trolleys:
    Dave

Added timezone converter functions. Works the same as 2.1 phones, please see the preference guide for directions.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2842148-post13.html

thanks for testing.
    test time conversion -- working fine.
    Dave
  17.    #337  
    Updated first post to 2-10: fix for copying events error. Preference for automatically confirming a swipe to delete in the agenda list.

Thanks for testing.

18.    #338  

Thanks for testing and reporting.

It was a problem I created when I tried to fix the older bug with all day events copying. I'm actually surprised no one else hit the error. Maybe the copy feature is not used that much?

I believe it is sorted out now.

edit: I didn't put in the second confirm to delete option yet. It's a little more complicated and I want to make sure it won't cause errors.

Updated first post to 2-10: fix for copying events error. Preference for automatically confirming a swipe to delete in the agenda list.

Thanks for testing.
    Tested OK - nothing appears broken - Thanks
    Dave

Thanks for testing.
    Tested the snooze banner - both on and off work fine - thanks
    Dave