5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm not sure how it works. I think you can save your installed list to Preware. Isn't that backed up by save/restore?
    Save/Restore is Homebrew / Preware app that saves/restores application DATA. Separate from the save of the Installed App list!

I just went to my Pre2 to see if Calendar or UC was in the list of Save/Restore apps - it is NOT so most likely it is not doable - perhaps MetaView can add more?
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  2.    #302  
    I don't think it works for patches. I believe the preference cookies are backed up by webOS in 2.x. I think that is all that can be done. But I am not that familiar with it.

As far as what is next, there's a few items left in the poll. Beyond those, I'll work my way through preference guide and get all of the remaining features I can.
    Would it be possible to add an option to turn off delete confirmations - in both agenda view (swipe mode) and edit view, PLEASE?
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 09/26/2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: removed unrelated quote
    Dave
    It would clean up both day and week view if you could place the alarm icon at the bottom right of the event entry. And in doing so keep it near the event title & location for long events that span multiple hours (up near the top where most visible.

My suggested logic:

- If no location, put alarm icon at the right end of the event title line-2. Or at the right end of line-1 if no line-2.

- If there is a location, put alarm icon at the right end of location line-2. Or at the right end of line-1 if no line-2.

Make sense?
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Save/Restore is Homebrew / Preware app that saves/restores application DATA. Separate from the save of the Installed App list!

I just went to my Pre2 to see if Calendar or UC was in the list of Save/Restore apps - it is NOT so most likely it is not doable - perhaps MetaView can add more?
    To get Save / Restore to backup your patches, open preware, open menu, select Saved Package List, tap the Update button, exit preware. When you go to backup with Save / Restore, make sure preware is turned on. Note that this doesn't save patch or application settings, just that you've installed them. Copy the save restore directory somewhere safe.

To restore, install preware, open preware, open menu, open Saved Applications List, select Update. Even though you've got nothing installed, you need to open all apps & create "base" databases before restoring with Save / Restore. Install Save / Restore. Copy save restore directory back to device. Run Save / Restore. Make sure preware is turned on & restore. Exit Save / Restore, open preware, open Saved Applications list, tap the Install All button. This will install all the apps & patches that you had previously installed with preware all in one fell swoop. Do a Luna restart & you will be back in business.

I'm not sure where UberCalendar saves its settings. Frantid or MetaView can answer that & you can copy the configuration files.
  6.    #306  
    Would it be possible to add an option to turn off delete confirmations - in both agenda view (swipe mode) and edit view, PLEASE?
    I can add a preference for these, but the prompt will be necessary for repeating events. Otherwise there is no way of knowing if the whole series needs to be deleted or just the single event.

It would clean up both day and week view if you could place the alarm icon at the bottom right of the event entry. And in doing so keep it near the event title & location for long events that span multiple hours (up near the top where most visible.

My suggested logic:

- If no location, put alarm icon at the right end of the event title line-2. Or at the right end of line-1 if no line-2.

- If there is a location, put alarm icon at the right end of location line-2. Or at the right end of line-1 if no line-2.

Make sense?
    The problem with the icons is that they are background images, so you only get 9 places to put them. Think of the tic-tac-toe game grid. Currently, icon is top right. Meeting is center right, alarm is bottom left. It really doesn't matter to me where they go, but only one can go in each location.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    To get Save / Restore to backup your patches, open preware, open menu, select Saved Package List, tap the Update button, exit preware. When you go to backup with Save / Restore, make sure preware is turned on. Note that this doesn't save patch or application settings, just that you've installed them. Copy the save restore directory somewhere safe.

To restore, install preware, open preware, open menu, open Saved Applications List, select Update. Even though you've got nothing installed, you need to open all apps & create "base" databases before restoring with Save / Restore. Install Save / Restore. Copy save restore directory back to device. Run Save / Restore. Make sure preware is turned on & restore. Exit Save / Restore, open preware, open Saved Applications list, tap the Install All button. This will install all the apps & patches that you had previously installed with preware all in one fell swoop. Do a Luna restart & you will be back in business.

I'm not sure where UberCalendar saves its settings. Frantid or MetaView can answer that & you can copy the configuration files.
    Yep - have used that process many times - 3 migrations and multiple recoveries
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I can add a preference for these, but the prompt will be necessary for repeating events. Otherwise there is no way of knowing if the whole series needs to be deleted or just the single event.
    That would be cool - if you can add the option that way!

The problem with the icons is that they are background images, so you only get 9 places to put them. Think of the tic-tac-toe game grid. Currently, icon is top right. Meeting is center right, alarm is bottom left. It really doesn't matter to me where they go, but only one can go in each location.
    I'm thinking alarm would be better center (had said bottom, but now revised - see below) right - but let me play around with some appointments and get back to you.

Back SOON!
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 09/27/2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: changed opinion
    Dave
    That would be cool - if you can add the option that way!

I'm thinking alarm would be better bottom right - but let me play around with some appointments and get back to you.

Back SOON!
    OK - Suggestions on icon, alarm, meeting placement - take look at the attached screen shot to see what is driving my suggestion.

Placement: Meeting - bottom right; Alarm - center right; Icon - top right

Logic:
    -- Icon is to help ID what appt/event is - so it is most important, at the top
    -- Alarm - we want to know if we set one, so it is next most important, close to the top
    -- Meeting - just as important as Alarm, but much, much less used so it loses the tie.

I am having a problem attaching the screen shot - so will attach to separate message.
    Dave
    OK - Suggestions on icon, alarm, meeting placement - take look at the attached screen shot to see what is driving my suggestion.

Placement: Meeting - bottom right; Alarm - center right; Icon - top right

Logic:
    -- Icon is to help ID what appt/event is - so it is most important, at the top
    -- Alarm - we want to know if we set one, so it is next most important, close to the top
    -- Meeting - just as important as Alarm, but much, much less used so it loses the tie.

I am having a problem attaching the screen shot - so will attach to separate message.
    Hopefully - screen shot attached

Nope - cannot seem to select a file while doing this on my TP - always before I had done attaches while posting on my netbook - so will email the screenshot to myself, and then attach to post here on the NB

Soon!
    Dave
    Hopefully - screen shot attached

Nope - cannot seem to select a file while doing this on my TP - always before I had done attaches while posting on my netbook - so will email the screenshot to myself, and then attach to post here on the NB

Soon!
    Here's the screen shot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave
    Here's the screen shot
    I guess I gotta move to a TP app to handle forums and see if that will do a better honor handling attachments, etc than the web interface - which cannot do attaches on the TP
    Dave
    I guess I gotta move to a TP app to handle forums and see if that will do a better honor handling attachments, etc than the web interface - which cannot do attaches on the TP
    It attached fine in your last message BTW Communities (Tapatalk client for TouchPad) supports easily adding attachments to posts.
    It attached fine in your last message BTW Communities (Tapatalk client for TouchPad) supports easily adding attachments to posts.

Thanks - did it with netbook

THANKS - was just getting ready to find forum TP package - will give the Communities Tapatalk pkg my first slot to review.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 09/27/2011 at 02:21 PM.
    Dave
    Thanks - did it with netbook

THANKS - was just getting ready to find forum TP package - will give the Communities Tapatalk pkg my first slot to review $2
    Communities - like it so far, but it has way too much white space (OK for looks but not efficient at all) - will do for now

Looking for file attachment - not jumping out at me.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Dave
    Cannot find Attach file in Communities!!!!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Dave
    Is there any way to change the background color of the calendar? i have attached a screen shot of my google calendar in a browser. if the field could be darker or black i think it would look a lot better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Is there any way to change the background color of the calendar? i have attached a screen shot of my google calendar in a browser. if the field could be darker or black i think it would look a lot better.
    Maybe I can try to find a way to make it an option.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  19.    #319  
    Updated first post to 2-8. It is an attempt at fixing "Sporting News" app events not showing up in month view.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,

here it is!

At least a release with french and german.
    There are still missing translations for spanish. I'll add them ASAP.

Please report any problem you could notice.

(And feel free to hit the "Thanks" button)

Update 2011-10-03:
    - Added spanish strings - thanks CptOx!
    - Corrected german - thanks Pulp!

Update 2011-10-04:
    - Added one missing string in spanish
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kratus; 10/04/2011 at 12:26 AM.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.