• google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallz View Post
    Someone please help. I download version 3.0.2-29 and it will not work. When I installed it, it did not install correctly. Now when I open my calendar, nothing shows. I tried to remove it 5 times and it keeps giving me a an error stating that hunks are missing. I tried removing it though quick install with no luck. I also tried installing version 3.0.2-4 and it would not install. Please help
    There is a link in the first post of the Preference guide about how to recover when patching goes wrong. Please try following that before attempting something more. If it doesn't work just let us know.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post

Anyone know how to get rid of the white srtip along the bottom and get the pane to go all the way to the left?
    Thanks, I didn't see the white line on the bottom -- can't really see it on the emulator unless it's in card mode. I've found the fix.

Turn off "peek" in preferences to make it cover all the way.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
  3.    #283  
    Updated first post to 2-5 -- added custom repeats for month, last day of week, last day to 7th last day. Also added "custom external" detection for exchanges "last work week day" and "last weekend day". The calendar will now display them correctly. Modified behavior to only reset repeats if the date changed not just the time. See the guide here, for description:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2842118-post6.html

I will hold off on further posted updates for a bit. Please update to the latest local version if you are testing and report any issues. I'll post the update to Preware once reports are clear.

Thanks for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Updated first post to 2-5 -- added custom repeats for month, last day of week, last day to 7th last day. Also added "custom external" detection for exchanges "last work week day" and "last weekend day". The calendar will now display them correctly. Modified behavior to only reset repeats if the date changed not just the time. See the guide here, for description:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2842118-post6.html

I will hold off on further posted updates for a bit. Please update to the latest local version if you are testing and report any issues. I'll post the update to Preware once reports are clear.

Thanks for testing.
    2-5 testing:

oops -- alarm alert - you changed the labels on + / - but left the actions the way they were -- so tapping + decrements and tapping - increments -- need to fix by leaving - on the left AND making the action match the label -- GRIN -- oops on my part as I did NOT test when you made the change.
    peek workaround - not needed in 2-5 - white line at bottom gone either way peek is set
    new date / repeat additions -- tested about 10 combinations of all sorts and they all work fine - may not have covered all possible - tho.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    REQUEST FOR CHANGE:

Week view - need more emphasis in noting the current DAY DATE - bolding alone does NOT draw my eye to "today" - suggest changing to RED BOLD -- I open UC to week view automatically, don't really know the current day or date and rely on UC to lead me there (function of old age or being retired or all days looking the same - so I neeeeed that help)
    Dave
  6.    #286  
    Thanks for testing. So the + and - buttons are ok? I hope so as I just submitted to preware. Would serve me right for not waiting for more feedback.
  7.    #287  
    I can do this in the next version. I have 4 or 5 functions left to get it up to the same feature set as the phones. After that I can play with the layout. To try to get to some of your requests.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    REQUEST FOR CHANGE:

Week view - need more emphasis in noting the current DAY DATE - bolding alone does NOT draw my eye to "today" - suggest changing to RED BOLD -- I open UC to week view automatically, don't really know the current day or date and rely on UC to lead me there (function of old age or being retired or all days looking the same - so I neeeeed that help)
    Thanks for testing. So the + and - buttons are ok? I hope so as I just submitted to preware. Would serve me right for not waiting for more feedback.
    See mine above - I had not tested until today - was away - celebrating my 48 year wedding anniversary with my (still) sweetheart!

Decide to NOT pick up the pad - GRIN
    Dave
  9.    #289  
    Preware has the latest version in it now. It is the same as in the first post.

cheers

Preware has the latest version in it now. It is the same as in the first post.

cheers
    More testing = couple of bugs:

Copy function - sets up OK but pressing 'Done' only gives color change on button but no action - just leaves edit window open, requires 'Cancel' to go anywhere. My process - select copy, tap on all day event, tap on goto date in mini, tap Done in edit window - wait. Move works OK .

Snooze - as noted above, this version 2-5 has the ' + Snooze - ' displaying properly but the action reversed --- pressing - increments, pressing + decrements.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 09/24/2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: typos
    Dave
  11.    #291  
    More testing = couple of bugs:

Copy function - sets up OK but pressing 'Done' only gives color change on button but no action - just leaves edit window open, requires 'Cancel' to go anywhere. My process - select copy, tap on all day event, tap on goto date in mini, tap Done in edit window - wait. Move works OK .

Snooze - as noted above, this version 2-5 has the ' + Snooze - ' displaying properly but the action reversed --- pressing - increments, pressing + decrements.
    Thanks, I just forgot to change the button labels. On the phones plus is on the right.

I'll have to look at the all day event thing. Timed events don't have the problem, so it's odd.

Thanks, I just forgot to change the button labels. On the phones plus is on the right.

I'll have to look at the all day event thing. Timed events don't have the problem, so it's odd.
    SNOOZE: when I posted my last reply - looks like I reversed my portrayal of the locn of the plus and minus - recalling only that when I tested a few days ago, the action on the plus was to decrement and on the minus to increment. I guess I screwed up the placement of the buttons - which should be the same as on the phones. I am away from my Pad right now - but will redo the testing once back there and let you know.

COPY: my original testing was appointment NOT Event - and I was in a rush to get out and about this am - so only did the test with Event (all day) - Once back at the Pad, will redo testing and advise.

Sorry for any false alarms.
    Dave
  13.    #293  
    SNOOZE: when I posted my last reply - looks like I reversed my portrayal of the locn of the plus and minus - recalling only that when I tested a few days ago, the action on the plus was to decrement and on the minus to increment. I guess I screwed up the placement of the buttons - which should be the same as on the phones. I am away from my Pad right now - but will redo the testing once back there and let you know.

COPY: my original testing was appointment NOT Event - and I was in a rush to get out and about this am - so only did the test with Event (all day) - Once back at the Pad, will redo testing and advise.

Sorry for any false alarms.
    Your testing was correct, no false alarms there.

It does look like the actions are reversed. It's just the actions are okay; I didn't update the labels.

I have to look into all day, I'm not sure why it errors.

14.    #294  
    Updated first post 2-6:

fix copying all day events. fix "+" and "-" buttons in snooze alert.

Updated first post 2-6:

fix copying all day events. fix "+" and "-" buttons in snooze alert.
    You da man!

Snooze testes 100%
    All Copy flavors work, ditto move

Love that RED highlight for today in week view - THANKS

And another new idea to add to the list - maybe ....

For those who want to change only the date on MOVE or COPY: Change the attention box that shows the change about to be made --- to have a 3rd option, making the options be: EDIT CANCEL OK with OK acting just like the Send button on the edit page.

I find that about 1/2 my changes / moves to be date only - thus this request to save a "touch" -- especially since I use Events to hold my wife's daily work times, special events that affect my schedule (sports events, meetings, conferences etc)
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 09/24/2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typo fix
    Dave
  16.    #296  
    Thanks.

I wish I could save that extra step, but there's a bunch of checks built into the edit scene. It sanitizes anything off with the event and rebuilds all the associated properties of an event. I tried to by pass it, but I ended up creating a lot bad events that wouldn't sync or save properly. It is why the just type events go through edit as well. It's a necessary step at this point.
    Thanks.

I wish I could save that extra step, but there's a bunch of checks built into the edit scene. It sanitizes anything off with the event and rebuilds all the associated properties of an event. I tried to by pass it, but I ended up creating a lot bad events that wouldn't sync or save properly. It is why the just type events go through edit as well. It's a necessary step at this point.
    I figured it might be like that ..... But worth asking

Looking forward to your next changes - ready to test
    Dave
  18.    #298  
    It appears the fixed version is now in Preware. Anyone with the broken version installed should update. The broken one won't cause you problems, but it is not that hard to update Preware versions.

Thanks again silverbackdave for the bug reports.

cheers.
    It appears the fixed version is now in Preware. Anyone with the broken version installed should update. The broken one won't cause you problems, but it is not that hard to update Preware versions.

Thanks again silverbackdave for the bug reports.

cheers.
    @frantic

1- Just went over the entire list of UC-HD contents -- impressive! THANKS THANKS THANKS

2- What is next on your list?

3- (beware of gorillas bearing gifts/praise ) - please add to the list: Add UBERCALENDAR to the Save/Restore list, when feasable.
    Dave
  20.    #300  
    I'm not sure how it works. I think you can save your installed list to Preware. Isn't that backed up by save/restore?