5 9.09%
  • google calendar invites

4 7.27%
  • other - post it.

5 9.09%
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
  1.    #201  
    Do the events show up in the agenda list?

The month view will only show 4 events in landscape and 7 in portrait per day.

Quote Originally Posted by sm780 View Post
    Hey great patch. I am using the latest version on preware I'm noticing one error in month view, it does not show events that have been synced with synergy. It will show events that were created on the touchpad app though. The other views show all the events as usual.
    thanks for the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Do the events show up in the agenda list?

The month view will only show 4 events in landscape and 7 in portrait per day.
    yeah I should have added that they do show up in the agenda list just not on the grid. I only have max 3 events per day so I don't think its maxing out.
    also just synced my facebook events with synergy and those show up just fine. Seems that just the synced events before ub was installed don't show up

edit: just added 2 events to my yahoo calendar on iPhone and synced. They show in week view and agenda but not on the month view calendar grid
    Last edited by sm780; 09/11/2011 at 01:37 PM.
  3.    #203  
    Seems like you found a bug in the month view. Any thing special about these events? Can you post a few exact examples of the schedule? Time, day, duration, calendar source, location yes or no, reminder yes or no, repeat schedule, etc.

And they always show up in the agenda list?
    Just installed this patch--I've had it on my Pre minus and loved it--thank you! However, the best part of the Pre UC is the ability to easily copy an existing event with the "Edit Event As New" feature.

I can't find this on the Touchpad version--am I just not seeing it or is it not yet available? If the latter, PLEASE consider adding it as it's my favorite part of UC! Thanks!
  5.    #205  
    You might like it on the touchpad even more. Push the middle button on the left agenda list. Tap an event, then tap a time or day in the mini month or other view.
    Oh, yeah, baby! Woo-hoo!

Awesome! I'm starting to use my TP when I see clients each day out in the community, and this will make making new appointments easier so much more enjoyable than on the little Pre screen.

Thanks again!!
  7.    #207  
    Thought you might like it. I can still make a menu item, but it would be way down on the bottom of my list now.

You can tap an event in the agenda list or in day and week views.

You can tap a date in any of the views, swipe to when you want before tapping.

If you tap in month view or the mini-month, it will reuse the time of day of the event that you selected.

If you tap in week or day, it will use the hour of the day that you tap.

It doesn't matter which you tap first event or time. If you select the wrong event, just tap a different one before choosing the time. Same is true for time.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    @frantid

First - SUPER THANKS for all your UC work!

I was devoted fan of DB4,5,6 on prior Palm devices - loved UC on my Pre+ & still do on my Pre2 -- so really appreciate being able to feel the UC love on my TP.

So ..... Have been following closely your efforts & have some suggestions:

(not being constrained by any idea / knowledge of do-ability)

It seems there is never enough space to show all we want to see - so most comments are about space.

-- all 3 right side views: decrease title font 60% make bold and blue
    -- week and month views: second line: decrease font 30% make bold
    -- make current day highlight bold and red/green
    -- rite side month view - make day of month smaller and bold

-- the following address the left side / agenda view:
    - put icon and bell on the same line, next to each other
    - add a yes/no option on showing end time
    - change start & end time format to xh:mmz
    where x is optional leading 0 and z is a or p (instead of am pm)
    - significantly reduce font of start, end time

- tighten vertical spacing:
    - reduce day date font
    - add option for 1 or 2 lines per event
    (I use personal shorthand in naming to allow meaning in month
    view so only need 1 line in agenda)
    - if 2 is selected and short text, then allow it to go to one
    - reduce time fonts ( noted above)
    - eliminate (or make single) the separator between events
    - reduce , eliminate white space before and after text lines, titles, headings
    - change "All Day" to "Day" -
    shortens and allows it to be one line if 1 line per event selected

Also .... Adding my vote for compressed view

Hope these suggestions help --- thanks in advance for any that's the needs / can do filters.
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 09/11/2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: readability
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    In addition to the above

- would be nice if the Events (all day) space could be from 0 to 3 lines or 3 lines fixed if variable not do-able.

- use smaller font to help on space

- seems events show in date entered/changed order which gives me some control - maximum control would come if they sorted alphabetic - if doable?
    Dave
    oops
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 09/11/2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: fat fingered double tap
    Dave
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    In addition to the above

- would be nice if the Events (all day) space could be from 0 to 3 lines or 3 lines fixed if variable not do-able.

- use smaller font to help on space

- seems events show in date entered/changed order which gives me some control - maximum control would come if they sorted alphabetic - if doable?
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll probably work on spacing, fonts in the later stages. Mostly because I'm not that great at manipulating css and it always takes a restart after every modification so it's pretty tedious.

Did you know that the all day events list in day and week view are scrollable - left/right? I think adding extra lines might be over kill.

edit: If you can, can you make a mock up of what your thinking -- specially with respect to titles and headers. The visual image would help a lot. Thanks.
    Last edited by frantid; 09/12/2011 at 04:42 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You can just reselect the same view you are in -- takes you to today.
    Oh yeah, wasn't that the case on the Pre too? Completely forgot about it, thx!!!
  13.    #213  
    Updated to version 2-1 - added google calendar invites (you need to use the latest local version of the sync behaviors patch for the TP), bug fix for not scrolling to current time in day view. Attempt at fixing some events not showing up in Month view.

@frantid: Several people on Twitter contacted me lately to express their gratefulness because of UC patch for the TouchPad. I want to express my gratitude as well. Very nice work have you done on the various UC-patch version. Thank you very much [sorry for this short OT]
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    @frantid: Several people on Twitter contacted me lately to express their gratefulness because of UC patch for the TouchPad. I want to express my gratitude as well. Very nice work have you done on the various UC-patch version. Thank you very much [sorry for this short OT]

thanks.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    You deserve it.

Many have asked for the localization patch too. I'm pretty busy with my real life job right now, but it is in the works, and it will comme, for french, german and spanish.

If there are italian TP owners wo need their language included, I still need someone to translate the strings into italian.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Was so thrilled when UberCalendar added more snooze options for my Pre. So hard to going back to just 5 minute snooze on the TP. Just added the TP Ubercalendar patch and noticed that you haven't been able to add the additional snooze options yet.

Please increase snooze time options for the Touchpad.

Thanks!
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Was so thrilled when UberCalendar added more snooze options for my Pre. So hard to going back to just 5 minute snooze on the TP. Just added the TP Ubercalendar patch and noticed that you haven't been able to add the additional snooze options yet.

Please increase snooze time options for the Touchpad.

Thanks!
    It's on my list. I was planning on doing it next, but the invitations piece was simple compared to what I had to do for the phones -- so I did it.

@frantic

Sorry, but have neither tools nor talent to mock up my spacing, sizing, font suggestions - would if I could.

Side scroll of events - did not see that before you pointed it out. Still think 3 lines would be better - can see at a glance - thus suggestion of smaller font go fit 3 lines (or 2 - perhaps configuration option)

Keep up the excellent work --- much appreciated!
    Dave
    Having never used Ubercalendar before, is there no way to have an event scheduled to repeat on a per-day basis such as M-W-F, MT-RF, or -T-R-?

I saw that there's an option for a custom modulo but that doesn't quite work in the case of university classes and the like that are scheduled based on the day of the week and not merely the number of days apart from each other. Am I just going to have to make each day its own event and have them repeat each week?

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I finally found the option for that. Disregard my lack of awareness. XD
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 09/14/2011 at 12:51 AM.