Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dcpedit
  1.    #1  
    As I was cooking last night and looking at my touchpad for the recipe, I kept having to hit the screen to make sure it didn't go to sleep. The other option would be to go into the preferences and prevent the screen from turning off. I'd like a patch that puts a screen on lock in the device menu, which, when on, will prevent the screen from turning off until the power switch is pushed despite being on a charger or not. Thanks for any help.

John
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I was actually looking for a patch like this as well
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I didn't want to wait so I made the patch myself. This will add "1 day" as a selectable option in the "Screen > Turn off after" setting.
    Last edited by dcpedit; 08/23/2011 at 04:27 PM.
    geekpeter likes this.
    legend

doh: errors on me when i try to install it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/23/2011 at 01:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Sorry, not sure why the patch was generated with errors. Here's the fixed version.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpedit View Post
    Sorry, not sure why the patch was generated with errors. Here's the fixed version.
    rgr that, chking.

EDIT: ok tried it, installs perfectly, at the end of the install weirdly enough my whoel touchpad locked up (i had dev mode app open at the time to quick turn off) it all greyed out so couldnt click any buttons etc, just did a quick 2 button reset and bam, rebooted, and i have my 1 day option, cheers works fine.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/23/2011 at 05:16 PM.
    quick request if possible, can the normal durations be altered so they work as they do now but if the device is charging on the touchstone then they act the same way as your 1 day setting?

dont know about others but that would suit my uses perfectly.
    Just joined but any reason why this patch isn't used?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-options.html

Installed and seems to be working.

Find it a bit off its not talked about a bit more.
    Last edited by evilferret; 08/27/2011 at 02:13 AM.
    I was about to request the exact same patch as the OP. There's an App in Preware called Nodoze that keeps the screen on, and it can even run in the background with an icon in the notification area. However, you have to run it when you start your device, and then open up a card to enable or disable it. You might as well just keep the Screen & Lock card open all the time. So, I'd like to throw out the request again for an option in the Device Menu to Turn on/off Sleep, under the toggles for Airplane Mode and Rotation Lock. Thanks!