Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    The TouchPad and webOS in general under HP is making a push into Enterprise. I don't see how that is fully possible when email replies and forwards sent from the TouchPad look almost cartoony. See attached image - font size is too large and the email header is destroyed.

THE PATCH: Mimic Outlook formatting for emails. Font size, header information for replies and forwards. The homebrew community stepped up bigtime and made this work beautifully with this patch in 1.x: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-forwards.html

This patch is needed for 2.x and 3.x. I'm hoping this bounty helps make this happen! Please join in and help the bounty grow!

THE BOUNTY: $137 total possible
    • paid dandman8: $10 (plus $10 bonus)
    • paid GHT: $20 (Exchange 2007 compatibility)
    • paid GHT: $40 (Exchange 2003 compatibility) (plus $5 bonus)
    • paid capt4chris: $10
    • paid robotech1985: $10
    • paid ChemEngr: $12
    • paid cshrader: $25
    • paid stuffedbuffalo67: $10

======================
    UPDATE - mission accomplished!
    ======================

Well known patch master sconix has taken up the challenge - and completed it! As of 8/12, the Mimic Outlook Formatting in Replies/Forwards for version 2.1 is available in Preware. As of 8/14, the patch is available for version 3.0.2.

Please donate to sconix here if you are using this patch. Many of us were waiting for it for a very long time. Without it, I really don't feel webOS was ready for the enterprise.

THANKS SCONIX!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dandman8; 08/15/2011 at 11:09 PM.
    sorli likes this.
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    dandman8 and capt4chris like this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    sorry, hadn't seen that thread, but hoping we can build a mini-movement and get this done!
    So how is this bounty going to work?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    So how is this bounty going to work?
    Each person offering the bounty would be responsible for their own payment. Patch author would provide a PayPal account and payment will be transferred. I think that's the simplest way.

Any other thoughts or concerns?
    Sounds good. So we commit first, then pay later?

I'll offer $10.

Is there a native way to change font in email app? If not a few options would be nice, but not a huge deal.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Sounds good. So we commit first, then pay later?

I'll offer $10.

Is there a native way to change font in email app? If not a few options would be nice, but not a huge deal.

thanks! No way to change fonts. The old patch would set the email fonts to Calibri to match the Outlook default.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    thanks! No way to change fonts. The old patch would set the email fonts to Calibri to match the Outlook default.
    Ok, not a big deal. Our company just uses Ariel as a company standard font.

Last edited by capt4chris; 08/09/2011 at 01:19 AM.
    I would offer 10 for this as well. I hate the fonts etc in 2.x driving me insane...

robotech1985
    Put me down for $25. Although, I don't really need it for work, it just kills me to see all my Outlook email mangled.

BTW, I piled on to this bounty not just because of reply/fwd but because the emails I get through Exchange are all text. So hopefully this patch request is inline with my issue:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ion-email.html.

If not, let me know.
    Last edited by jobsqeu; 08/09/2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: To clarify comment
    yes, this was a must have patch for me on my pre- because I really hate how it copied the iphone reply/fwd format. I'll put in $12 toward the bounty for webOS 3.0. Thanks Homebrew! :-)
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Put me down for $25.

When I forward e-mails on my corporate server, the forwarded e-mail is sent as an attachment which breaks the thread. On my personal account (1and1), it doesn't do that. Anyone know why the corporate server does that?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jobsqeu View Post
    Put me down for $25. Although, I don't really need it for work, it just kills me to see all my Outlook email mangled.

BTW, I piled on to this bounty not just because of reply/fwd but because the emails I get through Exchange are all text. So hopefully this patch request is inline with my issue:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ion-email.html.

If not, let me know.
    I believe this is because you're using Exchange 2003 - this automatically started to work for me as soon as we upgraded. So this patch may not help. Let me know if we can still count on your bounty!
    Any word from the developer on this or anyone willing to pick up the torch? ???

thanks for all the hard work
  15.    #15  
    The original patch developer is no longer a webOS user. I think we've worked up a pretty healthy bounty - I'm hoping this gets the interest of some patch developers.

Any patch devs looking into this yet?
    I'm in for 10 bux
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts

So, there are actually two things to change - the font used in our actual reply, and the formatting of the heading on the original message (from, sent, to, subject).
    At least I am giving this a try right now, if it works have something ready today. Only need someone to test the patch if I understood right what needs to be done

EDIT: I have now duplicated the changes made by the mimic patch for 1.x for webOS 2.x. So what else needs to be done? Also need someone to verify that this is what was wanted.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/12/2011 at 05:10 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least I am giving this a try right now, if it works have something ready today. Only need someone to test the patch if I understood right what needs to be done
    Hooray!
    Someone that has 2.1.0 and is able to test the patch I made to verify that it is what was wanted please send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com

Once verified to be what was requested I try to make it for 3.x as well and make sure that it applies to all 2.x versions and put them on preware.

EDIT: forgot to say that the patch adds tweaks options for selecting between palm/outlook 03/outlook 07 formatting. Just need to know how 03 formatting differs...
    Last edited by sconix; 08/12/2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast