Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    My weekend plans got changed so unfortunately its going to be sunday or monday at the latest when I get the 3.x version ready. I will send it for the same 2 testers as 2.x version to be tested and push it on preware right after. So small delay but its coming for sure its half made already just need to get back home to finish it.

EDIT: 3.0.2 version is now done, just waiting ok from the testers and then will put it in preware.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/14/2011 at 07:27 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Version of the patch for 3.0.2 has now been pushed into the feed, will show up within hour in Preware.

EDIT: Naturally I try to always update and release an update of the patch when new webOS version comes out just if somebody was wondering that...
    Last edited by sconix; 08/14/2011 at 12:27 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    KCTraveler likes this.
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Donation of $65 sent! It's $5 more than I pledged, but Sconix went above and beyond with the Tweaks integration and including the 3.x version.
  4.    #44  
    To all those who offered a bounty, I want to give credit and recognize you in the original post. I would like to ensure sconix gets the full promised bounty - he did an amazing job. Also, it would be great to show other patch authors that the community can really back these offers and come through.

sconix has already confirmed that he has received a majority of the bounty, so please let me know when you donate and I will update the original post.
    Thanks Sconix! This greatly increases the usability of the Touchpad at work. Donated 18 euros. That should cover my $25 bounty contribution.

One thing I noticed is that the Outlook tweak of the patch doesn't put in a line between the reply and the original e-mail. The Outlook+ version does. I think both versions should insert the line.
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    Thanks Sconix! This greatly increases the usability of the Touchpad at work. Donated 18 euros. That should cover my $25 bounty contribution.

One thing I noticed is that the Outlook tweak of the patch doesn't put in a line between the reply and the original e-mail. The Outlook+ version does. I think both versions should insert the line.
    The line is not placed by Outlook, so should not be placed by the patch. It displays improperly when viewed on some mobile devices.

Sconix, I thought the line had been removed?
    Just paid 8 euros which is more than 10 bux but totally worth it. Thanks Sconix
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    The line is not placed by Outlook, so should not be placed by the patch. It displays improperly when viewed on some mobile devices.
    Outlook 2003 and 2010 do actually insert the line. Without it, there is no separation between messages and it just looks odd.
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Well, I'll have to see what version is on my work laptop, but it certainly doesn't insert a line.
    Quote Originally Posted by cshrader View Post
    I notice that the line was missing as well when I was testing the 2.x version. I just didn't bother to say anything. :-)

UPDATE: I can also confirm that the 3.x Outlook+ patch inserts the line properly!
    Last edited by capt4chris; 08/15/2011 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    I notice that the line was missing as well when I was testing the 2.x version. I just didn't bother to say anything. :-)

UPDATE: I can also confirm that the 3.x Outlook+ patch inserts the line properly!
    Yes the outlook+ inserts the line and outlook does not. This was due to one user reporting that the line shows weirdly in some version of outlook which does not add the line itself. So I left it out from the basic outlook setup. If its really should be there I can add it into the outlook formatting as well instead having it only in outlook+.
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I get replies all day from Outlook users at work. There is no line. Can someone post a picture of this line that Outlook is generating?
  13.    #53  
    Attached is a sample from Outlook 2010
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I think it's a graphic inserted by Outlook in the viewing pane. Do you see the line on your phone when viewing that reply? If you reply to a gmail address does the line show up?
    Just submitted my donation to Sconix for $10+!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Am I the only one having trouble with this tweak/patch? I have re-installed Tweaks and the patch multiple times from both Preware and WOSQI. I have tried applying both the Outlook and Outlook+ patch from Tweaks. However, the e-mail replies look just as ugly as they did before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    Am I the only one having trouble with this tweak/patch? I have re-installed Tweaks and the patch multiple times from both Preware and WOSQI. I have tried applying both the Outlook and Outlook+ patch from Tweaks. However, the e-mail replies look just as ugly as they did before.
    What version of the patch? My bet is that you have 2.0.1 for which there is no patch, the patch in preware should say that this is not available for your version of webOS...
    Last edited by sconix; 08/15/2011 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I think it's a graphic inserted by Outlook in the viewing pane. Do you see the line on your phone when viewing that reply? If you reply to a gmail address does the line show up?
    Thats what I am thinking as well. That the line is equivalent to the bluish box made by outlook 2007. That is the line shows up in outlook but not in phone if you reply from outlook. I.e. outlook does not add the line when replying/forwarding and hence I think nor should my patch. So to be clear the difference is that the line added by webOS is added into the message, the line shown in outlook is outlook way of separating the replys i.e. placed by the outlook and not included in the message.

Anyway tell me shall I keep it as it is, line in outlook+ or remove the line from that or even add it to outlook. When I get decision about that I will release one more update since I also forgot to change the Re/Fw to RE/FW.
    I don't understand. Without the line, you can't tell where the reply ends and the original message starts.

Since the purpose of this patch is to match Outlook formatting, the line needs to stay or the patch has failed.
    Nice work as usual sconix! My contribution for bounty has been sent via PayPal. Thank you very much! :-)
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast