Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Someone that has 2.1.0 and is able to test the patch I made to verify that it is what was wanted please send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com

Once verified to be what was requested I try to make it for 3.x as well and make sure that it applies to all 2.x versions and put them on preware.

EDIT: forgot to say that the patch adds tweaks options for selecting between palm/outlook 03/outlook 07 formatting. Just need to know how 03 formatting differs...
    Sounds awesome. Just emailed you.

2003 vs. 2007 has to do with th way the Exchange server works. I think the 2007 server had something called smart replies or similar. If you check the old 1.x patches, there were 2 versions. If you used the 2007 version on a 2003 server, sent emails would hang in your outbox forever and not actually send.
    Last edited by GHT; 08/12/2011 at 06:25 AM.
  2.    #22  
    Email sent. Tweaks support would be awesome!
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Holy F, it works.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Holy F, it works.
    LOL -- I'm about to test and I'm giddy
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    LOL -- I'm about to test and I'm giddy
    Now that we've got the Patch Master's attention, let's work on another payload for "Delete from Notification". I know he's already put some work into it, and it won't be an easy fix, from what he's said. However, he's also got a zillion irons in the fire. If we can get him to focus on this challenge, he'll probably find a way.
  6.    #26  
    Just sent a few nags over to sconix, but this is just about ready for 3.0 porting.

I can't speak to the Outlook 2003 part, so hopefully someone can perform that testing.
    So I am working on to polish the 2.x version of the patch and it should work for both 2007/2003 versions. I also looked at the 3.x and it looks like its possible to port this for 3.x as well. So first I finish the 2.x then release it and start working on the 3.x version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    So I have finished with the 2.1.x version of the patch. Will push it in preware later today. The 3.x version will follow tomorrow. For the bounties the normal donation link found here can be used. If you like my work you are welcomed to donate even if you did not promise a bounty I don't do this for the money but since I am in a tight situation money vice everything is welcomed.

Thread for this patch can be found here so please post any problems with the patch there.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    KCTraveler and tobeaman like this.
  9.    #29  
    Amazing work by sconix on the 2.1 version. Can finally send decent looking work emails from the road. And once the 3.0 version is ready, I'll finally be able to send them from bed on the TouchPad instead of booting up my laptop!

Donation sent -- and just for giggles, I'm going to match my own donation when the 3.0 version is released.

Thanks sconix!
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Just sent a few nags over to sconix, but this is just about ready for 3.0 porting.

I can't speak to the Outlook 2003 part, so hopefully someone can perform that testing.
    My Exchange server runs through 2003. The old 2007-only version used something called SmartReply and SmartForward, which was a server-side thing. It allowed the mobile device to not re-download the original message and attachments from the server, thereby reducing data usage, and speeding things up. (I just learned about it this morning while feeding information to sconix. It was never something I cared about.)
    yep looks much better thanks for letting me test it. sending donation...
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    yep looks much better thanks for letting me test it. sending donation...
    Donation received so thank you for that, I really appreciate it.
    Amazing work by sconix on the 2.1 version. Can finally send decent looking work emails from the road. And once the 3.0 version is ready, I'll finally be able to send them from bed on the TouchPad instead of booting up my laptop!

Donation sent -- and just for giggles, I'm going to match my own donation when the 3.0 version is released.

Thanks sconix!
    Not trying to hurry or anything, but did not receive any donation, but maybe you meant after the 3.x version is released. Well will be releasing that tomorrow.
  14.    #34  
    Not trying to hurry or anything, but did not receive any donation, but maybe you meant after the 3.x version is released. Well will be releasing that tomorrow.
    Sorry, there was a bug in my donation, but taken care of.

Took care of both donations at once.

Thanks!
    Awesome as usual - another donation sent! Question - what's the difference between Outlook and Outlook+? Or should I post to the other thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Awesome as usual - another donation sent! Question - what's the difference between Outlook and Outlook+? Or should I post to the other thread?
    Maybe I need to make better help text, but was bit in hurry to release Well the help text should tell the difference with outlook+, but basically its just that when replying the latest text is colored as blue, its an option in Outlook as well, at least that was told to me.

EDIT: added explanation to the first post of the thread of the patch...
    Emails sent from my TouchPad today have headers and dates, not sure why mine would be different than others.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    looking forward to the 3.0 version. Will gladly donate then.
    capt4chris likes this.
    Sconix,

2.x version seems to work nicely. Once 3.x is out, I'll send my donation. :-)
  20.    #40  
    sconix - let me know if you need someone to test it before you release
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast