Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By benjaminleroux
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

If could do this, I would very much like this...

Would it be possible to write a patch so that the default account selected in the email app is "All Inboxes" and the "Accounts" pane (or slide) is closed by default?

I like have my email preview pane to be larger.
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    lukehale and LupeValenz like this.
  2.    #2  
    bump! anyone?
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Agreed. I find it very annoying to have to slide that pane over every time I open my email, because 99.9% of the time, I use just my All Inboxes, and with all three panes up, the message pane is a bit too small to be really usable.
    Yes please!
    Here ya go guys
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Here ya go guys
    Could this (or another patch ) add a way to reorder the inboxes? I'd jump on this patch in a second, but (like a lot of people) my primary (and default!) inbox is not the first one alphabetically - and changing the description doesn't change the order unfortunately - seems to be alpha by email address???
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Jason,

Will this patch work on my US Veer? I hate how email open and I have to touch All Inboxes to get in there everythime? I tried installing it on my Veer but got a "Hunks" error?

Is this just a TP Patch? If so is there any chance you can get me a Veer Version?

Thanks man!

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    Oh yesss! Thank you. Such an Awesome patch. Glad to see I don't have to have the 3 panes open on default anymore. Who Da man, you Da man!
    Thank you for the patch Jason. But I was wondering if it might be possible to make a patch that opens the email app opens with whatever state one closes it in. That is, if the accounts pane was closed, then the app should open that way, but if the pane was open when the email app last closed, then the app should open with the pane open.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Just a note: my patch still works on 3.0.2
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just a note: my patch still works on 3.0.2
    Looks like it is broken on 3.0.4.

Update: Strange today (10/21/2011) the patch seems to be working again.
    Last edited by noseph; 10/21/2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: update
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Could we do the opposite of this patch so that all 3 panes are open by default? It seems that 3.0.4 closes the Accounts pane sometimes. I would prefer it to always be open. Thoughts? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thank you for the patch Jason. But I was wondering if it might be possible to make a patch that opens the email app opens with whatever state one closes it in. That is, if the accounts pane was closed, then the app should open that way, but if the pane was open when the email app last closed, then the app should open with the pane open.
    Bump on this one! Or even if there was a way to chose which Inbox opened by default in a 2 panel view without the Accounts panel. Is this possible?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Appears to be broken in 3.0.5.

EDIT: My bad this patch still works it is the patch in post #5 in this thread that is broken.
    Last edited by noseph; 01/13/2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: clarification of what is broken
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47