1.    #1  
    would it be possible to create a patch to add the bluetooth message access profile to "legacy" devices? One of the main selling points for this touchpad was forwarding my text messages to my TP, and $700 later I come to find out its not possible with any device, let alone my Pre+.

So more than a request, I suppose I'm asking if this is even something that a patch could fix. If the answer is yes, I'd love to see it happen :-)
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky1684 View Post
    would it be possible to create a patch to add the bluetooth message access profile to "legacy" devices? One of the main selling points for this touchpad was forwarding my text messages to my TP, and $700 later I come to find out its not possible with any device, let alone my Pre+.

So more than a request, I suppose I'm asking if this is even something that a patch could fix. If the answer is yes, I'd love to see it happen :-)
    I think that is something down in the core of the Bluetooth stack, so it can't be added easily. The Touchpad supports MAP, and the Pre 3 is supposed to(so text messages from the phone can go to the Touchpad), so it's just a matter of HP actually giving us our new phone.