Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    Are you like me and dislike that they change the USB Mode buttom from "Just Charge" to "Cancel". This changes the text of the button back to the classic "Just Charge"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    ariker01 likes this.
    Thanks! I was a little confused when I first went to install Preware and I did not notice "Just Charge" I thought I had a wrong cable or something. I ended up hitting cancel to see the charging icon in on the notification bar.
    Jason was kind enough to walk me through which changes exactly need to be done to localize the button to the german "Nur aufladen" (learned something about the global translate function ) but he refuses to take credit for it. Thx Jason!
    Confirming the patch to be working as advertised.
    T.

P.S.: Will try to upload it later on to the portal.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #4  
    Here are the patches for v3.0.2
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/02/2011 at 03:05 AM.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Jason,
    I noticed that when I connect to my computer, I get an error message when trying to USB connect; it says the connection failed and I need to throw away cards when I don't have any open. Others have had this problem as well:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3188916

When I removed the "just charge" button label it fixed this problem. I think something about this patch interferes with the USB connection.

Correction: It reconnected the first time but then failed to connect again, so I guess it's not the patch. Do you have any insight into this problem? The error message is: USB Drive Connection failed. Please toss away all cards and try again.
    Unfortunately tossing away any cards makes no difference. Only a restart will correct the problem. Thanks for any help on this....
    Last edited by davidra; 10/02/2011 at 07:24 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Jason,
    I noticed that when I connect to my computer, I get an error message when trying to USB connect; it says the connection failed and I need to throw away cards when I don't have any open. Others have had this problem as well:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3188916

When I removed the "just charge" button label it fixed this problem. I think something about this patch interferes with the USB connection.
    Honestly can't think of a single reason why that's happen, as my patch in no way touches the functionality of the usb connection and none of my devices has encountered this same issue you describe

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Honestly can't think of a single reason why that's happen, as my patch in no way touches the functionality of the usb connection and none of my devices has encountered this same issue you describe
    Thanks...I corrected my post as after the first connection without the patch, subsequent connections failed as well. I guess with your knowledge of the OS, can you think of any reason why this is occurring? Could it be due to another patch, or is there something else going on? Obviously there are a number of us with this issue. I am wondering if it has something to do with Novacom as even when not connected as a USB drive, if it's connected at all Novacom is running and the device can't be ejected as it says the device is using something. Simply unplugging it doesn't give an error message. Appreciate any suggestions you might have as this is a PITA....