Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Had to reinstall patch after doing the 3.0.4 update. Am using TB file transfer, had to download to my pc and then transfer the patch file to my touchpad, from there used Internalz Pro file manager to open the patch and install it.
    I can confirm uninstalling and reinstalling from the link in the first post works for me. If you're having issues with it, are you emailing it to yourself or downloading it directly? I emailed it to my touchpad and tapped the attachment and internalz opened immediately.
    Aye, had to re-patch too. Removed the previous one, and after rebooting the app did not appear back into WOSQI. Ran over here, did the search, downloaded to PC, and drug the file over to the WOSQI UI and installed from there.

TouchPad auto-rebooted. Working again!
    Doesn't work for me. I get a big old FAILED message with a page and half of stuff about it.
    I don't see how the old version can work on the new OS. Else, why would he release an update for the German one?
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    Doesn't work for me. I get a big old FAILED message with a page and half of stuff about it.
    I don't see how the old version can work on the new OS. Else, why would he release an update for the German one?
    Why do I have the feeling you don't believe me...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelkos View Post
    Why do I have the feeling you don't believe me...
    Not that I didn't believe you, just that I (and many others) have been unable to get the old one to work. And hey, look at that - a new version is released today and voila! It works.
  8.    #48  
    Not that I didn't believe you, just that I (and many others) have been unable to get the old one to work. And hey, look at that - a new version is released today and voila! It works.
    For the record, the new one is the same as the old one, just resubmitted for webOS 3.0.4 version tag; the .patch itself hasn't changed since 3.0.2
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    For the record, the new one is the same as the old one, just resubmitted for webOS 3.0.4 version tag; the .patch itself hasn't changed since 3.0.2
    That's it? Wow, what a silly submission system, thanks loads for doing it!
    So basically, the OS saw that the file was not tagged for its version and just refused to install it?

So the question is, how did it work for those that it DID work for? Did they edit some config file or something. I definitely know how to sideload and it absolutely errored out, regardless of whether I used Quickinstall or Internalz. I guess it really doesn't matter much now, but I am still interested in the details.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    That's it? Wow, what a silly submission system, thanks loads for doing it!
    So basically, the OS saw that the file was not tagged for its version and just refused to install it?
    Not silly, it's entirely reasonable for the system to not assume the relevant code is exactly the same as before the update. It's worth waiting a couple days for someone to check and say, yep, it is the same.

Many patches will end up needing to be changed, this just doesn't happen to be one of them.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    uninstalled and reinstalled from first link and also works well here. I just have restart instead of luna and device restart but I'm sure that it is just settings.

Thanks again.
    Hi,

I cant get this to work for me anymore, since I updated to the latest webOS 3.0.4, I have tried the following.
    uninstalling, reinstalling via PreWare,
    removing systools and advanced reset via preware. Rebooting (via Preware) and reinstalling.
    Removed Advance reset, reboot and install the Patch from here via WOSQI, it did reboot my device, but still nothing shows up.

Help....I really like this tweak.

Thanks.
    Hi,

I tried to install this patch on my touchpad today, but I ran into a few problems. When I tried to install via Preware, I got an error saying: "2 out of 2 hunks FAILED - saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/PowerdAlerts/PowerdAlerts.jsjsjs.$rej$&$quot$;
    Preware still lists it as uninstalled, but when I hold down the power button, I just get an empty black box where the options are supposed to be.
    I tried to install it using the patch file and WebOS Quick Install, but I got a similar error (basically the same thing, but it said 3 out of 3 hunks, instead). However, this let Preware think it was installed, so I was able to try and remove it through preware, but I still have the same black box problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
    Random question - this doesn't effect usability at all, 'cause I know the buttons by location...but why is it that the reset options aren't in English anymore?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Random question - this doesn't effect usability at all, 'cause I know the buttons by location...but why is it that the reset options aren't in English anymore?
    Maybe you installed the wrong patch, as there's multiple versions of this patch; one for each various language
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    With me, Jason, that's entirely possible. Pardon me, it's been a rough week and I'm drawing a blank - I would have installed this app through preware, right? If so, there's only only ever been one listing for anything I've installed, so I'm not sure how I might have selected the wrong one.

Heh...I honestly can't remember if this happened after an uninstall/reinstall or an update - I just noticed at some point that the language changed on it and I just dealt with it. Trust me - If there's a way i can have a totally random, how-the-heck-did-you-do-that error, I'll find it.
    Hi, nice little app.
    Is there a way to configure the time delay (to make it launch quicker)?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i get errors when trying to install
    I get errors when trying to install
    what error? Look the ipkg log and post here.
    Today's webOS update removed the Advanced Reset Options, hopped on Preware to reinstall. Well, had to remove it first, then restart Luna. Got back into Preware and Advanced Reset Options no long exist!?!

Looked over at the HP Catalog, nothing there either.

Hooked up my tablet to the PC, ran up WebOS Quick Install 4.3.1.jar and it cannot connect to the tablet now. Reinstalled the drivers, nothing.

So downloading the patch did no good. Now to try and do this from the tablet and hopefully get it back. Wished this application was in the HP Catalog as it gets used quite a bit and is 100% useful for me when I want it. Sure, can tap tap tap tap tap to get to the area to reboot Luna, but I hate doing that when applications become stubborn. Much easier and less frustrating to have the options all in one area.

At least HP could do is have these options in the main drop-down menu.

Is there an updated "WebOS Quick Install 4.3.1.jar"?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast