Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Hey I have a question about the patch. I am setting up a Touchpad for my friend in Colombia and I added the Advanced Reset Options (ES) from Preware and it is formated incorrectly. Please take a look at this screenshot form her Touchpad.

http://i.imgur.com/gO6zF.png

Anyway we can get a fix for it ? Thanks so much for making this Patch. Looks great in English on y Touchpad.
    luna restart doesn't work in DE Version. Please fix it.
    e-Cigarette
    10% off Voucher Code: skypromogermany
    I have a very strange problem with Advanced Reset Options.

If I install this patch with Preware from the TouchPad (not from WebOSQuickInstall) and I restart the device after this, my Touchpad gets reset in a strange way.

I loose all of my previously installed application icons and a set of applications like PreWare, Nano, Xecutah.

All of my patches and the UberKernel remain installed but PreWare doesn't recognize them as installed (after I put PreWare back to the TP with WebOSQuickInstall and list the applications)

I use WebOS 3.0.2 on the TP.

I have tried several times, and it seems that the installation of this patch + device restart resul this issue. Looks very strange.

What could be the problem?
    why does this patch need systoolsmgr to be installed with it?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by King23James View Post
    why does this patch need systoolsmgr to be installed with it?
    So the LunaSysMgr restart will function
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    What is a "Luna Restart"?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by newbostonconst View Post
    What is a "Luna Restart"?
    Restarts just the LunaSysMgr interface; basically restarting the webOS interface. If ya don't know what is is then chances are you don't really have any need to use it anyway
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Same here, Luna restart not working on german TP.

Other than that, thanks for the great patch!
    what do you know - another app I use, made by you!

just installed the WebOS update and the advanced options no longer appear.
    Looks like the new OTA update broke advanced reset.
    You have to wait until the Patches are updated to the new webOS version. As for now there are only placeholder patches installed on your devices! Just wait some days.
    I guess you can install the patch from 3.0.2 feeds because the German version adv. Reset options-DE work out of the box for 3.0.4
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    Looks like the new OTA update broke advanced reset.
    Just delete and re-install; it then works fine.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I uninstalled and then it was no longer Available when I searched...
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    I uninstalled and then it was no longer Available when I searched...
    i have updated to webos 3.0.4. Now i don't find Advanced reset options in Preware and in WebOSQuickInstall's List anymore.
    Just download patch-file from first post, then uninstall Advanced reset options in Preware and reinstall it with WebOSQuickInstall. It works agains.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu_reddevils View Post
    i have updated to webos 3.0.4. Now i don't find Advanced reset options in Preware and in WebOSQuickInstall's List anymore.
    Just download patch-file from first post, then uninstall Advanced reset options in Preware and reinstall it with WebOSQuickInstall. It works agains.
    Thanks - however (and I've asked this in other threads without answer): How? I pretty much can never get anything to download on my Touchpad. Everything gives me a "MIME format can't be read" type error.
    I tried the uninstall/reinstall and it errors out so the install fails. Anyone else having that happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by tesene View Post
    I tried the uninstall/reinstall and it errors out so the install fails. Anyone else having that happen?
    Absolutely, thus my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    No. It doesn't. Not my first rodeo (I know preware and quickinstall pretty well) so obviously I tried uninstalling and re-installing first. That is why you see a number of posts about it.

Jason has not updated it yet. No biggie, I can wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3idbrewer View Post
    Thanks - however (and I've asked this in other threads without answer): How? I pretty much can never get anything to download on my Touchpad. Everything gives me a "MIME format can't be read" type error.
    Download to your PC and sideload with QuickInstall. Go here: webOS-Patches Web Portal and browse them.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast