1.    #1  
    would like the option to have web pages opened in new cards to continue loading while original page is still up.
    Last edited by runawayq; 08/26/2011 at 06:01 PM.
    +1 I like this idea too

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    +++1

There is nothing more annoying than having the OS that "multitasks the best" not load webpages in the background and wait for me to maximize the card before loading the page
  4.    #4  
    I thought the pre could already do this. Not sure what it would do to battery life but I'm willing to sacrifice a little for this patch.
    +2 on this patch
  6.    #6  
    I guess my dream of seeing this is now dead..
  7.    #7  
    I got $50 on it.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    It should load it in the background if you let it start to load before you minimize it. When you go back it should open right up. If you minimize it before it connects to the page, it will not!
    This seems like a good idea... I wonder why no devs have chimed in. Maybe there's something in webOS 3.x that makes this not possible?
    PLEASE do this!

Surfing is speedier on my pre- than my touchpad... and that is a damn shame. I can 'open url in new card' all over the place and when I go to the cards they have loaded up.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    i'm using the advanced browser and i open up new links in new tabs. but still this does not do open in background, which i desperately want.
    +1,000,000

I am so disappointed with the browsing experience it's ridiculous. At first I liked the idea of using stacked cards as tabs but upon further review it sucks. I am the type of person that frequents forums and likes to "right-click, open in new tab" while scrolling through the list of topics. This way by the time I'm at the bottom of the topic list, I already have a collection of topics open and ready to read.

Not only does what you stated not allow me to do this but the fact that everytime I open a link in a new card I have watch an animation and click back on the original card. This also sometimes messes up the original card (sometimes if I "open in new card" and switch back to the original before letting the new one load, the original gets stuck blurred.)
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    the irony here is that its called "web"OS but it can't even handle the web efficiently lol.
    This is in my opinion the most important patch that webOS needs. Ofcourse, it would be nice if HP would get it's head out of the sand and fixes it themselves. But, in the meantime I am willing to contribute towards a bounty on this patch. In addition to this I would like to see a patch that would restore the ability of youtube videos to continue to play when in card mode, instead of the video freezing while the audio continues to play.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This is in my opinion the most important patch that webOS needs. Ofcourse, it would be nice if HP would get it's head out of the sand and fixes it themselves. But, in the meantime I am willing to contribute towards a bounty on this patch. In addition to this I would like to see a patch that would restore the ability of youtube videos to continue to play when in card mode, instead of the video freezing while the audio continues to play.
    weird that you mention that. I could of sworn when I first got my tp it would play YouTube vids while in cards. When I read your post, I went and double checked and now it doesn't work. Maybe a patch I installed did this.I couldn't really see a use for this so its not a big deal but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    weird that you mention that. I could of sworn when I first got my tp it would play YouTube vids while in cards. When I read your post, I went and double checked and now it doesn't work. Maybe a patch I installed did this.I couldn't really see a use for this so its not a big deal but still...
    It's not you or your TouchPad or any patch that you installed. It is just part of HP's endeavour to make webOS work like everything else. [/sarcasm] You are right, this used to work fine with webOS 3.0.0, it is only with webOS 3.0.2 that it stopped working. This is totally in keeping with HP's tradition, starting post webOS 1.4.5, of reducing functionality with each new version of webOS.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It's not you or your TouchPad or any patch that you installed. It is just part of HP's endeavour to make webOS work like everything else. [/sarcasm] You are right, this used to work fine with webOS 3.0.0, it is only with webOS 3.0.2 that it stopped working. This is totally in keeping with HP's tradition, starting post webOS 1.4.5, of reducing functionality with each new version of webOS.
    interesting. I'm glad you cleared that up. I knew I wasn't crazy. The first thing I'd remembered showing by dad was, "look, all the cards are real time, you can even watch the video in a card." lol

That seems odd though indeed. Why downgrade so to speak?