Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Garrett92C
  • 1 Post By rockula
  1.    #1  
    This patch adds more options to the "Turn off after" setting in the Screen&Lock app.

New options include:
    - 20 minutes
    - 30 minutes
    - 45 minutes
    - 60 minutes
    - 120 minutes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    sledge007 likes this.
    nice. Anyway to make one for 1min30secs?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    nice. Anyway to make one for 1min30secs?
    Yea, the patch can easily be edited with something like Notepad++.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    is this in prepare or just that link? I can't seem to find it in prepare anywhere :\
    hello,

can this patch be amended to include the option to lock the screen when the slider (that was open) is close?

that would be awesome to avoid pocket dials, when you quickly close the slider and put it in your pocket

thx

edit : sorry, my post concerns the pre. but if the patch can me amended and work on the pre, it would be great
    Last edited by ak2004; 09/20/2011 at 08:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    how do you install this? It says "can't open MIME Type". I have a file editor, but I still have no clue how to launch this file that is .patch. I really don't understand WebOS. I can't wait until Android is ready. I don't understand why things you download go to the root of the system, and are hard to access.

thanks,

jason
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    answered my own question! This is great info for newbies.

Tweaking That New HP Touchpad You Just Got… Jason Nash’s Blog
    sledge007 likes this.
    There are all sorts of quirks and idiosyncrasies involved with webOS, there's not much point in denying that. If you want to use webOS and not be frustrated, then you have to learn how to deal with situations like these. Here's my work-around:

Email the above package to yourself, open that email, and you will find both an attachment and a URL.

Press and hold on the URL until you see a box pop up "Copy". Copy it.

Open Preware, update your feeds and let it load.

Once Preware loads, top left menu...open it. Press "Install Package".

when that opens, Paste the URL into the top box. Click Install.

Props to Garrett for continuing his webOS Homebrew efforts. There is also a patch available directly in Preware called More Standby Times by appsolutely. The times are:
    15,30 seconds
    1,2,5,10,30 minutes
    1,3,8,24 hours

once the patch is installed.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Awesome info! I will check it out because I'm not all that jazzed to have root to Android right away. I have much to learn still. Like "what is Pre ware To install these patches I am going to need to get into dev mode like that link I referenced says?

btw... Are you an astro geek too? Sweet!

clear skies to you, sir

Jason
    Of sorts Even though I live in the second biggest city in NA, by land area, a 20 minute drive will take you to some of the clearest night skies around. It was an interesting article I found on Twitter.

Back on topic, you might want to check these threads out

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-i-thread.html

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Slede...I did what you said to do after getting WebOS QI and Preware installed, etc. I copied the link into the Preware URL field and hit Install. It's installing... but it's BEEN installing for what I feel is "too long". the icon is just spinning. It says that it's installing, and that 1977/1977 has been installed, time left is --:--, and the Transfer Speed is 10460. It's been spinning for at least 5 minutes. At what point do I abort, and what is the correct way to do so without messing something up? I'm afraid to just close the app or power down for fear of that happening. Please advise asap if you can!

Thanks!
    Jason
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Well... I bit the bullet and just aborted. I tried it a second time and no worky. I did a search for an actual Preware app called More Standby Times. Installed it, rebooted Luna, then went back into Preware to view my installed patches and there it was. I clicked on it to read the info, then new where to go to access the info. Works great!

This is going to be a Pandora's Box for me! I'm gonna tweak out my TP more to my liking, and may not find a need to root it to Android!

One thing I will be buying is a keyboard and a stylus. I don't like not having the ability to scroll to the end of a long URL that I've typed to make sure it's correct. I can't figure out how to scroll to the end of it? That drives me crazy.

I'm sure there is a thread around here of popular patches that are "must haves". I'll search for them today! Thanks!

Jason
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Update: This morning I got everything working. I installed WebOS QI, Preware v1.8.3, and I also updated to UberKernal and installed Govnah to OC my CPU to 1.5ghz. I also installed all of the recommended patches that Jason Nash provided in his Blog (link in post #7 above).

So, I got to work and wanted to mess with it some more, maybe find some more patches, etc... and now I can't install any. I can't update feeds either. It errors, and gives me a giant list of error messages that seem to indicate "bad address at ipkg.preware.org".The only features avail to me are "installed packages" and "List of Everything".

I did a Google search and found that perhaps the servers are down? Is there way to know, so I can rule out a problem with my machine? I tried to install a patch earlier (though I'm not sure how because I can't even access the categories now), and it said the file couldn't be found.

I sure hope I didn't mess anything up!

Thanks!
    Jason
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Well... I guess it was just down because I don't believe I changed anything, and now it's working. I did notice it was referencing a particular location, but until it errors again, I won't know what it was.