Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By phillipah
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Thanks to Jason Robitaille we do not have to loose a button.

It never occurred to me to have the button side by side. I have uploaded a new patch and it has both button side by side. I will still see about creating a tweak to possibly include all 3 variations.

Thanks

OLD PATCHES:
    Ok so this took me some time to figure this out but here it is. This patch will add the restart button to the Touchpad's power menu. Now for some reason I could not get more than 3 buttons to appear in the menu item. I looked high and low to try and figure out why it would only show 3 buttons. So if any one knows how to fix that then let me know and I will update my patch. So where that leaves us is one of the 3 buttons have to go when you add the restart button. So what I did is make 2 versions of the patch. The first version version gets rid of the the airplane mode button. I think its rather redundant anyway considering it is the menu list with the WiFi and all that. The second version keeps the airplane mode button. You can exit out of the menu by hitting the center button.

Let me know what you guys think. If anyone knows what is wrong with the menu only allowing 3 buttons let me know. I spent hours trying to figure it out and did not get anywhere.

I will be submitting the patch to webos internals.

UPDATE: Everything is all fixed. When I made the patches I forgot to include a line of code. Sorry for any inconvenience. The files have been updated

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phillipah; 07/15/2011 at 12:28 PM.
    LordSecksie and akshunj like this.
    Sweet!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Nice! It seems odd it is not there natively, being that it is there on the pre's...
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Awesome, was going to post a patch request for this!
    i have the button but when i press it nothing happens -- the reset no airplane mode button -- working for anyone else?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ya i was just about to post that i had it working earlier today and i am trying to figure out what in the world happen. hang in there.. sorry about that.
    Last edited by phillipah; 07/14/2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have the button but when i press it nothing happens -- the reset no airplane mode button -- working for anyone else?
    It should be all good now. Sorry about that. This was my first time making a patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    It should be all good now. Sorry about that. This was my first time making a patch.
    Don't worry about it. I've released plenty of broken patches before... lol.

Thanks for making patches for us all to enjoy!
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 07/14/2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typo
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    nothing to be sorry about -- thanks for the patch -- i am inept so i have to depend upon you guys to come up with these -- thanks again
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Thanks

Ya with the current audio bug with the touchpad its been driving me crazy to shutdown the device and turn it back on...

The great thing is that all the code was already there it just had to be moved around and added in certain places to get it all to work.

I love webos and I am glad I can give back to the homebrew community. Everyone Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    New Patch Added. Enjoy.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Works with 3.0.2