Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Build me a patch that will remove the 'adult' category from the app catalog entirely (or at least make it 'untapable'). I need it to work on my 1.4.5 Pre- as well as my new Touchpad. If you can make it work for 2.x too that'd be great since I'm considering a Veer.

Just like my last one ( http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=282149 ) this is a first-come first serve thing, so the first comment here with a working patch wins. Payment via PayPal only.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    There's an "Adult" category in the App catalog?

There isn't one in mine. I bring up a list of categories and the first one is "Books".
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    It's a sub-category under 'Entertainment'.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Wow...lookie there. Never saw that before.

Most of it looks pretty harmless, but I get where you're coming from.

I think there should be options for parental controls to lock this stuff out.

Likewise, the iPhone's/iPad's also should have parental control options...instead of the "G-rated only" policy that Apple has.
    Nice... bow chicka wow wow!!!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    Wow...lookie there. Never saw that before.

Most of it looks pretty harmless, but I get where you're coming from.

I think there should be options for parental controls to lock this stuff out.

Likewise, the iPhone's/iPad's also should have parental control options...instead of the "G-rated only" policy that Apple has.
    I agree 100%. I guess there is a 'market' out there for that type of stuff, but you've got to think there's a bigger market for parents who are willing to let their kids have a nice smartphone/tablet, but want to be able to filter it somehow.

None of the big players iOS, Android, or BB are going after that 'family friendly platform' market. WebOS could be a huge leader there with just a few simple software updates that would allow for accountability and transparency when giving such a powerful device to such inexperienced youth.

For starters, it could be as simple as requiring a parental password to do any of the following:
    -Access the adult category of apps
    -Delete anything the browser history

Then, they could open up necessary APIs to devs to build filtering for the browser, or even a full-blown accountability app like x3watch.

Of course if your not a parent using these options would be just that: optional.

This is getting off topic--I'll start a new post. I'm still waiting for someone to take me up on the $25 offer. Any takers?