webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch][Touchpad] Browser - Download Instead Of Stream
[Patch][Touchpad] Browser - Download Instead Of Stream
  Reply
Like Tree12Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09/03/2011, 01:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
Works perfectly.

Thank you.
G3N0M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2011, 01:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 3
how do you install this patch using preware?? Every time I click the link gives me an Cannot open MIME type error . Would really appreciate it

Update1: Got it to install using Quickinstall, I can download the .mp3 file but won't play in the standard music player just stays at 0 secs, it will play only in 3rd partys like the kalem player, anyone got any suggestions?

Last edited by BuDdyLe; 09/05/2011 at 01:25 PM.
BuDdyLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 03:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuDdyLe View Post
how do you install this patch using preware?? Every time I click the link gives me an Cannot open MIME type error . Would really appreciate it

Update1: Got it to install using Quickinstall, I can download the .mp3 file but won't play in the standard music player just stays at 0 secs, it will play only in 3rd partys like the kalem player, anyone got any suggestions?
I got the same issue, installed it on my Touchpad went on hulkshare downloaded the file but its stored it as 0bit (empty file). Any ideas why?
TurboTronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 03:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTronix View Post
I got the same issue, installed it on my Touchpad went on hulkshare downloaded the file but its stored it as 0bit (empty file). Any ideas why?
My guess is the way the file is saved had like a bunch of % and stuff ...cause it plays in kalem not the standard player , if there's a way to browse file and change file names might be able to fix it
BuDdyLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 03:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 22
The coder needs to replace "%20" with " " when saving file. People can manually do so with "Internalz Pro".
TurboTronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 07:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 14
I don't quite understand what this patch is for - Does it let you download videos from websites like Youtube?

Could someone provide me with some scenarios where this would be used?
ubi79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 07:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 22
Download music from places such as hulkshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubi79 View Post
I don't quite understand what this patch is for - Does it let you download videos from websites like Youtube?

Could someone provide me with some scenarios where this would be used?
TurboTronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2011, 08:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 386
What are the many places you can use this patch
__________________
Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
Presmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 09:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Right now, it only downloads. I'll work on adding an option to stream.
Is there any way to add a "Download" option to the pop-up menu for links?
Semma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2011, 08:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
after last webos update I can't use anymore I try reinstall but its the same message every single time just gsrbage on the patch
warriorsamuray79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2011, 09:00 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
joedisaster's Avatar
 
Posts: 422
Does it automatically download videos? I don't want it to. I'd like to stream video mostly but sometimes download audio... We need somethig that works like multimod. Thank you for the patch.
joedisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2011, 08:51 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Achill3s's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,940
I don't this patch is updated for 3.0.4.
__________________
Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
Achill3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2011, 01:32 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Made this really simple patch. When you tap a link to a streamable file, the Browser will download it instead of stream it. I've only tested this with mp3 files and it works fine. Too sleepy to test it more... lol.

I'll improve on this patch later today.

I'll reply to any posts here when I wake up... Good night!
the encoding for space needs to be fixed. %20 is not read by the music app but after renaming the file the music app is able to play the file.
qwerty2285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2011, 05:28 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
I don't this patch is updated for 3.0.4.
Did you mean "I don't, but this patch is updated for 3.0.4"
or did you mean "I don't think this patch is updated for 3.0.4"

if it is the later, then any one have any recommendations? I am still on 3.0.2 because of this feature.
tgainar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2011, 05:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgainar View Post
Did you mean "I don't, but this patch is updated for 3.0.4"
or did you mean "I don't think this patch is updated for 3.0.4"

if it is the later, then any one have any recommendations? I am still on 3.0.2 because of this feature.
Excellent - this works with 3.0.4 so you are good to update without losing this feature
acmcomputers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2011, 10:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
thank you
tghareeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/22/2012, 04:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
silly question: is it possible to do this without use of computer?
ex3do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 04:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Made this really simple patch. When you tap a link to a streamable file, the Browser will download it instead of stream it. I've only tested this with mp3 files and it works fine. Too sleepy to test it more... lol.

I'll improve on this patch later today.

I'll reply to any posts here when I wake up... Good night!
where i can find this patch plz elaborate . is it for palm pixi plus?
ahasib88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 01:01 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 110
how to download? I can not see any download link.
I mean how to download this patch? I do not see any download link in the first post?
I see that many of you have downloaded this patch. So I wonder what am I missing?

Edit: I think patch download link is removed by Garrett92C when he edited the fist post "Last edited by Garrett92C; 08/13/2012 at 09:26 PM."
__________________
Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
Touchpad 16GB

Last edited by jmdesai; 12/16/2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: bring clarity to post
jmdesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2013, 02:16 AM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Akash Lakshmanan's Avatar
 
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Made this really simple patch. When you tap a link to a streamable file, the Browser will download it instead of stream it. I've only tested this with mp3 files and it works fine. Too sleepy to test it more... lol.

I'll improve on this patch later today.

I'll reply to any posts here when I wake up... Good night!
Hello I'm new this site. So I don't know a lot about this so can you tell how to download this download instead stream. Thanks.
Akash Lakshmanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0