Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just experienced the "application database is full" problem which reset my device. I re-installed Preware and ran the Emergency Patch Recovery, but I still can not re-apply the Private Browsing patch:

Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    40 12622 40 5134 0 0 5813 0 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0:00:02 13335
    100 12622 100 12622 0 0 12137 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 23330
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":12, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":12 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":12 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":12 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":12 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":12 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-private-browsing.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/ActionBar.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $Reversed$ ($or$ $previously$ $applied$) $patch$ $detected$! $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $5$ $out$ $of$ $5$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$source$/$Browser$.$js$.$rej$
    $Reversed$ ($or$ $previously$ $applied$) $patch$ $detected$! $Assume$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $6$ $out$ $of$ $6$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$source$/$BrowserApp$.$js$.$rej$
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $3$ $out$ $of$ $3$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$source$/$StartPage$.$js$.$rej$
    $remove$
    $Removing$ $package$ $org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$browser$-$private$-$browsing$ $from$ $root$...
    ($offline$ $root$ $mode$: $not$ $running$ $org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$browser$-$private$-$browsing$.$prerm$)
    $delete$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    $failed$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    Any ideas?
    -Jeremy
  2.    #22  
    You may have to doctor
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    You may have to doctor
    There's no way to selectively restore the appropriate files? I really don't want to have to Doctor.
  4.    #24  
    Sure, if you know Linux, you can fix it via cmd-line.

Else you can try JayCanuck's Emergency Repair Utility

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

I've been windows-less since 1999, all Linux for me. (except for work) I'm very comfortable with it, I just need to know where the files are located and which ones to copy to fix it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Btw I tried the emergency repair utility and it didn't work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7.    #27  
    Read the log you posted... The filenames are right there.

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/*.jsjsjs.$rej$ $etc$

Read the log you posted... The filenames are right there.

usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/*.jsjsjs.$rej$ $etc$
    Updating to 3.0.2 must have reset these files because after I updated I was able to reinstall the patch.

Thanks!
    -Jeremy

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Just out of curiosity, is there any way to stop the device from reporting browser history to the carrier? I'm aware that you guys are working on the Touchpad version but I'm using it on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there any way to stop the device from reporting browser history to the carrier? I'm aware that you guys are working on the Touchpad version but I'm using it on my phone.
    The Overlord Monitoring linux app stops uploading everything, including browser history, and has always been available on the phones.
    Thank you Minego for the patch. It works very well. One thing still makes it through however: search engine detection. As an example, if you have privacy 'on' and you go to precentral.net (for the first time), it will still detect that there is a search engine available on this site and will add it to the just type options, hence leaving evidence behind. The only way to clear those search engines is to clear the browsing history, which somewhat defeats the purpose of using the patch. Any ideas on how to address this?
    was just looking where to post a report of the same issue hboisvert identified. <bump>
    any plan to update this for 3.0.4?
    All that's needed to make it work is to modify line 106 of browser-private-browsing.patch and add the new height property that's in the 3.0.4 version:

{kind: enyo.Pane, flex: 1, height: "100%", lazyViews: [

This will make the patch work successfully and should fix everything. This is for the package maintainer to do.
    The new Private Browsing patch for 3.04 is not working on my TouchPad. When I enter a URL the entire browser window goes gray. The same behavior when attempting to launch a link from Bookmarks. Doesn't matter if enabled or disabled in Tweaks. When patch is uninstalled browser works fine. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyTrain View Post
    The new Private Browsing patch for 3.04 is not working on my TouchPad. When I enter a URL the entire browser window goes gray. The same behavior when attempting to launch a link from Bookmarks. Doesn't matter if enabled or disabled in Tweaks. When patch is uninstalled browser works fine. Any ideas?
    Same problem here... My browser is completely busted with this patch installed.

I thought these were tested before going into the public feeds?

-Jeremy
    Sent Micah email. Whom else should be contacted?
    Hi All,

I'm the author of the patch. I accidentally submitted a broken version of the patch. I'm sorry for the trouble.

I've submitted a fixed version. It should be in preware soon.

Micah
    I see in the Tweaks support thread, there is are issues with updated Tweaks app. Is the Private Browsing patch issue related?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyTrain View Post
    I see in the Tweaks support thread, there is are issues with updated Tweaks app. Is the Private Browsing patch issue related?
    Private Browsing does use tweaks, but this issue is not related to tweaks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast