Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JZ SmartMort View Post
    Enjoy the patch and again the credit goes to Garrett92C. I just modified his many hours of research in 20-30 mintues so not my work in any way.

Thanks!
    JZ
    Is your patch for the Advanced Browser or the stock one? When loading your patch through WOSQI, it initiates a luna restart but doesn't appear to turn up on the device.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Is your patch for the Advanced Browser or the stock one? When loading your patch through WOSQI, it initiates a luna restart but doesn't appear to turn up on the device.
    It is for the stock browser. I added it to my unpatched browser and it worked well.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Where does it not turn up? In the uninstall or in the native browser menu top left?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetset900 View Post
    wow, thanks for the effort! seriously great, ...I'll check as soon as I have some time.
    But don't you think it might be a concern to install a different language version?
    So which local version did you extract?

THX!
    There is no localization on the large WebOS Doctor that HP/Palm distributes... inside of the zip file you'll find that the resource folder has all of the language files so this should include the exact thing you'd get out of 3.0.4... Just use it first, ask questions later it's just the stock app, simple as that. If you want to duplicate what I did, download the JAR file from Palm and unzip it, then unzip the biggest file and voila, 3.0.4 entirely unzipped on your PC.

Thanks!
    ... Just use it first, ask questions later ....
    Thanks!
    Ohhh, better ask before bricking ;D

Great - thanks again & I'll get back to this asap...
    ... here's a favor attached... this is the STOCK 3.0.4 browser that I extracted from WebOS Doctor. Rename yours which is located under /usr/palm/applications and use this as it's stock and unmodified in any way. Then make sure to use one patch at a time as they obviously can affect eachother since they mess with the same files.
    Thanks!
    Allright JZ SmartMort, finally found some time:

- renamed the original folder
    - unzipped your extracted browser & copied to mentioned path.
    - realized patch wasn't uninstalled, so uninstalled and reinstalled again
    - then I opened the "new" browser -> NOTHING in the menu,
    which means probably again, that it's not working

The thing that made me wonder after starting the browser was that all bookmarks and the browser history was there. They were obviously not stored in the renamed folder, right?

I really have no further browser patches installed, or at least those that I identified as browser patches. Previously uninstalled browser gestures & private browsing.
    I don't think that Ad Blocker is a patch in general, that needed to be taken care of?

It shouldn't have influenced the process, after copying your extracted files...

So to sum it up, this time it was exactly like the first time:

Installation fine + No obvious function in the (web)-menu

Sadly your effort did not pay off - Thank you anyway!!-(

Edit:
    @JZ SmartMort you said in one of your earlier posts, that you just corrected the paths in Garrets patch, but when I take look it seems to me completely different and more kind of rewritten. Is yours the real deal since it's also named incorrect on the one hand with "Advanced_Browser_JustType" and on the other "Make Advanced Browser Default" which probably caused "brum" to ask in post #21.
    Though there are some positive feedbacks here, I'd rather ask if you hadn't accidentially grabbed the wrong script...
    Besides I also have the Advanced Browser, which might interfere in this case ? THX!
    Last edited by jetset900; 11/22/2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Allright JZ SmartMort, finally found some time:

- renamed the original folder
    - unzipped your extracted browser & copied to mentioned path.
    - realized patch wasn't uninstalled, so uninstalled and reinstalled again
    - then I opened the "new" browser -> NOTHING in the menu,
    which means probably again, that it's not working

The thing that made me wonder after starting the browser was that all bookmarks and the browser history was there. They were obviously not stored in the renamed folder, right?

I really have no further browser patches installed, or at least those that I identified as browser patches. Previously uninstalled browser gestures & private browsing.
    I don't think that Ad Blocker is a patch in general, that needed to be taken care of?

It shouldn't have influenced the process, after copying your extracted files...

So to sum it up, this time it was exactly like the first time:

Installation fine + No obvious function in the (web)-menu

Sadly your effort did not pay off - Thank you anyway!!-(

Edit:
    @JZ SmartMort you said in one of your earlier posts, that you just corrected the paths in Garrets patch, but when I take look it seems to me completely different and more kind of rewritten. Is yours the real deal since it's also named incorrect on the one hand with "Advanced_Browser_JustType" and on the other "Make Advanced Browser Default" which probably caused "brum" to ask in post #21.
    Though there are some positive feedbacks here, I'd rather ask if you hadn't accidentially grabbed the wrong script...
    Besides I also have the Advanced Browser, which might interfere in this case ? THX!
    Other than the restore of stock 3.0.4 browser, I got nothing else up my sleeve.

The patch in this post should only work on a stock file. If you use other patches it may thow this off by a few lines and the replacements will not work. Bottom line, open up the patch in text editor and see what changes are being made if you want to do them manually, you can.

Make Advanced Browser Default is a SCRIPT can do BOTH for you... make Adv Browser default and switch the behavior of Just type... to use either Adv Browser or the stock one. The PATCH called Advanced_Browser_JustType that will only change Just type... to use Adv Browser.
    Guys, I'm not sure how I posted the WRONG patch file earlier in this thread but here's the fixed Find In Page patch for webOS 3.0.4 --- sorry for the confusion.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm kind of happy that my gut feeling turned out right, BUT even now ... installation goes wrong and the package can't be found at installed packages in preware to uninstall, though you can find the folder and files at:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.addfindinpagetobrowser304

I'll try later to uninstall all previous patches and reinstall findinpage again...
    Applied to stock browser perfectly, no more cold sweats for me. Thanks for following up
    I'm kind of happy that my gut feeling turned out right, BUT even now ... installation goes wrong and the package can't be found at installed packages in preware to uninstall, though you can find the folder and files at:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.addfindinpagetobrowser304

I'll try later to uninstall all previous patches and reinstall findinpage again...
    So I'm back AND IT DOES WORK !!!!

Problem was the patch "Custom Browser Gestures" that I had to uninstall first, then install this findinpage-patch and then reinstall Browser Gestures again. Works fine!

Thanks for clearing it up!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12