1.    #1  
    One aspect of the messaging app on the Touchpad that really annoyed me what the fact that whenever you SEND a message, the Touchpad would vibrate and make the system sound (except if you had it set to MUTE)... The amazing Jason Robitaille was able to write me a patch in a matter of minutes to MUTE the touchpad on sending an IM, while keeping the vibrate/sound when receiving.

I will be uploading the patch in a few minutes (I need to get back to my PC, as I am on my touchpad now) and I will submit to Preware for Jason.

Adam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Audemars02; 07/10/2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added patch
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I'm definitely using this when I get my touchpad! That would irritate me quite a bit...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I thought that text forwarding didn't work yet. Doesn't webOS require an update?
    Ah, I think it just hit me. I think you all are referring to IMs?
    Just a note: this patch still works on 3.0.2
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I've installed this a few times, and restarting fails to change anything. Any suggestions on how I might get this to work? I'm using a 3.0.2 Touchpad by the way. Thanks in advance!
    Is there an update for 3.0.5 in the works? It wouldnt work through the 3.0.4 feeds
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Its on Preware for 3.0.5 now I think, but I'm getting this error. No other patches to do with messaging are installed

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-no-vibrate-or-sound-on-messaging-send.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff --git a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/conversations/ConversationList.jsjsjs $b$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$conversations$/$ConversationList$.$js$
    |index cb1f8c3..5ca834f 100644
    |--- a/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/conversations/ConversationList.jsjsjs
    |+++ b/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/conversations/ConversationList.jsjsjs
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)