Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djgardn2
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

Here is a Patch to Disable the ability to Clear or delete your History in the Browser.

It removes the ability to swipe and delete an item in the history list and also removes the choice to clear history on the Preferences scene.

Please Let me know if this works on an Actual TouchPad I have only been able to test this on the Emulator.

I will submit to Preware once I have someone Verify it works.

Thanks, Have a good one..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    cwhead321 likes this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Thanks for the continued support. I'm gonna try this on my tPad now and I'll let you know if it works.

Awesome! This is a family touchpad for a christian home so I appreciate it. Now if we can only get some decent accountability software like x3watch...

Also, it'd be awesome if HP required a password in order to view the 'adult' category of the app catalog. Maybe someone could build a patch for that? I'd paypal someone $20 for that!
    Last edited by cwhead321; 07/05/2011 at 10:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    It works on my tPad! The only problem is that you can no longer visit a site that's in the history by tapping on it. If that could be fixed, it'd be nice, but just having the history there and unable to be deleted is nice.
    Thanks, djgardn2! This works very well.
    Also to note, you still can visit a website from your history, cwhead321. All you need to do is just type the description of the history, tap on "bookmarks & history" and then tap the history selection from there. I hope to see this is preware... wonder why not yet?
  5.    #5  
    @ nickm461

I will submit it to Preware in the near future. I will re-post in the forum when it is available, thanks.

Also, I'm not positive but I believe this only works for 3.0.0 version. I am pretty sure I will need to update it for 3.0.2, I think. Feel free for anyone to comment if it works for them on 3.0.2.

I will test it out in a few days to be positive.
    @djgardn2

I can confirm that it does work in 3.0.2, so you should be good to go to submit it.
    Thanks!
    @djgardn2

with the new webOS update looks like the patch doesn't work anymore. Would you be able to fork on an update?

thanks!
    work* on an update
    lol
    touchpad auto correct... :-)
  9.    #9  
    @nickm461

Do you happen to have any other Patches installed for the Browser ?

The Patch Should be working and available for 3.0.4 already.

Please let me know if you do have any other browser patches installed.

If anyone else is running into this problem also please let me know.

Or let me know if anyone has been able to successfully install this patch on 3.0.4 for me, I would appreciate the info.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Hello,

Here is a Patch to Disable the ability to Clear or delete your History in the Browser.

It removes the ability to swipe and delete an item in the history list and also removes the choice to clear history on the Preferences scene.

Please Let me know if this works on an Actual TouchPad I have only been able to test this on the Emulator.

I will submit to Preware once I have someone Verify it works.

Thanks, Have a good one..
    fails to install on my HP touchpad