Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Heres my touch sensitivity and scroll smoothness patch for the touchpad.

The values I changed for WebOS 2.1 were identical for the Touchpad.

Just had to modify it so it would recognise the 1024x768 resolution.

What does this do?

This patch increases the touch sensitivity of the screen to allow for finer scrolling as well as increases the display buffers to allow for smoother scrolls.

Hopefully this helps with the lags.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    It's so great to see homebrow catch on so impressively quickly. Damn I want a TouchPad
    trying this out now! Thanks so much!
  4.    #4  
    Let me know the results of your test please.
    this sounds like a GREAT patch.

but as far as increasing the display buffers to allow for smoother scrolling, do other areas 'suffer' as a result of this? in other words are there any compromises or tradeoffs in exchange for smoother scrolling?

i guess i'm just wondering why its not this way out of the box.
  6.    #6  
    Im sure it uses more ram in terms of cache, but with 1gig, I think you can spare a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    this sounds like a GREAT patch.

but as far as increasing the display buffers to allow for smoother scrolling, do other areas 'suffer' as a result of this? in other words are there any compromises or tradeoffs in exchange for smoother scrolling?

i guess i'm just wondering why its not this way out of the box.
  7.    #7  
    Please someone, respond with results.

I want to put this in Prepared but I don't have s touchpad to test it on.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #8  
    Prepared, common Pre, you should know that word by now!!

9.    #9  
    PREWARE!! Naughty little bugger...

scrolling does seem a little peppier - though to be honest not an enormous difference. Still stutters a bit [not complaining]. Feels a little smoother on web pages than on lists in apps like contacts.
    I've tried installing but get errors-

~line 1: can't open !DOCTYPE: no such file
    ~line 1: html: not found
    ~line 2: syntax error: unexpected newline
    (Let's see if I can post my screen capture..?)

Edit: Maybe I should make it smaller
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    I've tried installing but get errors-

~line 1: can't open !DOCTYPE: no such file
    ~line 1: html: not found
    ~line 2: syntax error: unexpected newline
    I had similar trouble installing. I had to email it, save the attachment, then open it with internalz.
    I greatly appreciate your hard work but I have used for a day now and dont notice a difference. PCan anyother users post their findings?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    The lastest webOS Quick Install (WebOSQuickInstall-4.2.1.jar) installed the patch for me without problem.

I'll let you know if I have any problems and if I notice some better response, which was obvious on the my Pre-! Sorli...

Update - works and is more responsive...though my TP was fast already. P|C forums small icons and text correction is harder to use, but still usable.
    Last edited by sorli; 07/05/2011 at 03:27 PM.
  16.    #16  
    ok cool.

It works well on the Pre-, Pre+ and Pre2 with 2.1.

Maybe something has changed in 3.0
    I also installed this patch around 11:30pm last night and I can't really tell the difference either. I have a similar patch to this one on my Pre minus (10px radius) and the difference on the phone is very noticable.

@rmausser, are the specific apps and use-cases that you want us to test out with this patch and report back?
    sorli likes this.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I also installed this patch around 11:30pm last night and I can't really tell the difference either. I have a similar patch to this one on my Pre minus (10px radius) and the difference on the phone is very noticable.

@rmausser, are the specific apps and use-cases that you want us to test out with this patch and report back?
    I dont know...heh.

If its not working for Luna, then either a change in res completely rendered my settings unnoticeable, or WebOS 3.0 uses different file for Luna configuration and this is just a relic of WebOS 2.X

Can someone go into their etc/luna.conf file after patching and make sure that the values are changing?

I dont have them on hand but if you open the Patch file in a Text editor it will show the changes that are supposed to happen.

and if anyone wants to buy me a touchpad I could do this very qucikly...

anyone.... anybody??
    Updated my wOSQI and it installed - runs nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    and if anyone wants to buy me a touchpad I could do this very qucikly...

anyone.... anybody??
    Try putting a donation link in your sig. You'll get enough for a Touchpad someday... lol.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast