Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    Are we to un-install this patch, and all others required for it to work, once the OTA hits?
    Not sure yet. I have to inspect the luna.conf file of the new webos update to see if any changes were made,

if no changes, then continue on as usual..
    Hello, it may sound odd but, firstly I thought there is no difference with this patch but now I think its actually worsening my experience a bit.
    For example in launcher, when I try to scroll vertically with my thumb picking the edge of the screen, in most cases phone detects horizontal scroll.
    I alse get the feeling that back guesture and icon clicks are missed more often..

regards

One more thing, I installed the patch yesterday, today I had trouble answering a call. The phone just didnt respond to presses on the green button. I guess oversensitivity makes the phone detect presses as micro flicks...
    Last edited by l337; 08/18/2011 at 12:56 PM.
    installed this one on HP touch pad Scroll Super smooth. Works great. Thank you
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I installed this on my Touchpad through Preware and didn't notice any difference. The lack of smooth scrolling and distorted text (not related to this patch) are the two issues that haunt the Touchpad's user experience IMO.

I used my scroll patched (1.5 overclock) TP right next to my wife's stock TP and couldn't tell a difference in smoothness. Neither one is close to the iPad in smoothness. I hope the text corruption and smoothness get addressed at some point because there is a lot to like about the TP web experience and it's fantastic flash support.
    I get an error message. "Error Installing" See IPKG log. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Installed the 10px version on TP. It made it very difficult to log into messenger app and change status. I had to use a stylus and press down firmly to get it to respond. I removed the patch and it works as before. I think this is a glitch with the messenger app as the log in (available, busy, offline) GUI sensitivity isn't that good. I thought this patch might help that, but it made it worse.
    Hi,
    I get the message below when I install "Increase touch Sensitivity and Smoothness Patch"

Anyone help?
    Thanks in advance
    Max

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    49 11212 49 5535 0 0 4790 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 12438
    100 11212 100 11212 0 0 9605 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 24533
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-touch-sensitivity-and-smoothness.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    I get the same thing too... what gives?
  9.    #49  
    I will look into these issues, but I do not own a Touchpad so it is hard to troubleshoot
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I also didn't notice much of a difference with increased touch-10. I removed, scrolling seems similar without the patch. I was using ITS-10, what is the diff between that and the standard ITS in preware?
    the patch names in preware don't indicate which patch is which. Can they be changed to clarify touchpad, fatfinger, etc?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123