Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By stu5797
  1.    #1  
    [patch request] scroll bar for touchpad...webos 3.0
    can anyone help!
    Raddu and Summitt Dweller like this.
    that is definitely important
    for the browser you mean?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    for the browser you mean?
    Everywhere. On every widget.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  5.    #5  
    yep jason, I was thinking browser only
  6.    #6  
    bump
  7.    #7  
    anyone else hoping for this patch?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    this is quite sad. webOS 3.0 . Third version. No scrollbar.
    and why do you need a scroll bar?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    To easily know how far you are along a given web page.
  11.    #11  
    I wish I could do this!
    Yes, vertical scroll control in the web browser would be SO helpful.

I'm visiting North Iowa Cedar League and trying to get the 'View Schedules' select/option box to scroll. Every browser I have tried provides a vertical scroll bar in this control, but there's none on the TouchPad web browser.
    I would very much like this patch. I read a lot of articles and fiction online, so knowing where you are on the page is very helpful. For that reason I installed a patch like that for the pre-, even if it does nothing but show your location when scrolling down.
    I agree, it's quite painful in not just web browsing, but also app browsing in the hp app store and preware. To put in a search and scroll endlessly not knowing where the bottom is and/or how much further one must scroll along before they get to the bottom is quite annoying. The whole world uses scroll bars, except webos.

Apple, android and even windows mobile all have scrollbars that appear only when you scroll and disappear when you are not scrolling, so you can see just how large a page is; not to mention nice to be able to use it to scroll quickly to the top or bottom of a very long page.

This would be good to enable for every app though (webos-wide) as there are numerous apps that can use it.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    So this came to the Pre 3, why couldn't come to the TouchPad?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    There is a scrollbar as well as some other things in the Enyo design documents on the dev site. Who knows if they'll ever get implemented though? Theoretically someone could patch the Enyo on devices to have it, but god only knows what it might do to some apps that may or may not react strangely.

If I remember correctly paper mache has one, maybe rwatkins could be talked into supplying it in patch form or supplying it to someone who wanted to make it in patch form.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    If I remember correctly paper mache has one, maybe rwatkins could be talked into supplying it in patch form or supplying it to someone who wanted to make it in patch form.
    The scrollbar code in Paper Mache is fairly specific to the application - something more generic would need to be written to patch the basic Scroller kind to apply to all Enyo scrollers.
    --
    @ryanwatkins

Paper Mache / @papermacheapp
    http://www.ryanwatkins.net/software/papermache/
    Fair nuff just a thought

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Still hoping...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    With all the work that's come from Dmitry and co lately, I feel this has to be inevitable at some point.