Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    Version 2 with more modifications now available here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rsion-2-a.html


    Here is a patch that I made to attempt to mimic the touch responsiveness and smooth scrolling of iOS.

    Basically it modifies some settings in Luna so that it responds a lot more to your touch and movement, as well as increase the number of display buffers for a smoother display of that response.

    Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rmausser; 09/09/2011 at 02:34 PM.
    mamouton and ApplePie like this.
  2. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #2  
    What release(s) of webOS does this apply to?
    miasma113 likes this.
  3. #3  
    Sounds good, but waiting for someone braver than me to install it.
  4. rothoof's Avatar
    Posts
    510 Posts
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    #4  
    So you just drag this into webOS quick install and install right?
  5.    #5  
    Or email it to yourself and open with Internalz Pro or install with WebOS Quick Install.

    I made this with WebOS 2.1 for the Pre-, I believe it only works for 2.1.

    So, try it out but I would backup first.

    Please detail your results
    Last edited by rmausser; 07/02/2011 at 12:56 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Can some people please post their results with this?

    I want to put this on the Preware feeds soon.
  7. #7  
    just sent it to me by email. Will test and make a post soon
  8. #8  
    works on metadoctor 2.1.0 nicely
  9. #9  
    WHAT? I thought they removed Drag Pixel Radius in 2.x. Sweet!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  10. #10  
    Just installed on pre2 works great it is a much smoother!
  11. #11  
    Jake I sent you a message via text one
    Jake_M likes this.
  12. #12  
    Does it work on 1.4.5?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arths View Post
    Does it work on 1.4.5?
    Look up Drag Pixel Radius 8px patch in Preware. They changed how this worked in WebOS 2.x. It was one of my favorite patches because it makes it feel so much better. The reason WebOS feels "laggy" is because the drag pixel radius is default 25px. I changed mine all the way down to 5px(not in Preware, lowest in Preware is 8px) when I was 1.4.5. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.

    Thanks for bringing this to us rmausser. It works fantastic and I'd actually make a request to make it even smaller than what it is now. Can't wait to see your Swap Memory thread too.

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Jake I sent you a message via text one
    Didn't get it :S
    I have ones you sent me a few days ago but the newest message I have is from PalmDoc
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Look up Drag Pixel Radius 8px patch in Preware. They changed how this worked in WebOS 2.x. It was one of my favorite patches because it makes it feel so much better. The reason WebOS feels "laggy" is because the drag pixel radius is default 25px. I changed mine all the way down to 5px(not in Preware, lowest in Preware is 8px) when I was 1.4.5. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE.

    Thanks for bringing this to us rmausser. It works fantastic and I'd actually make a request to make it even smaller than what it is now. Can't wait to see your Swap Memory thread too.



    Didn't get it :S
    I have ones you sent me a few days ago but the newest message I have is from PalmDoc
    Thanks
  15. #15  
    Sprint Palm Pre+ with 2.1.0.... Works phenomenally!
  16. #16  
    nice work. But do double taps zoom in the text anymore with this patch. Usually if you double tap it zooms in to see the text better
    Last edited by stu5797; 07/02/2011 at 01:36 PM.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Or email it to yourself and open with Preware
    Just so people don't get confused, .patch files only install on-device with Internalz Pro.

    Alternately, yes, as others have said, you can install from the computer with WOSQI

    Though make sure whatever you use to install the .patch, be sure you're using the most up-to-date versions of said software.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Or email it to yourself and open with Internalz Pro or install with WebOS Quick Install.

    I made this with WebOS 2.1 for the Pre-, I believe it only works for 2.1.

    So, try it out but I would backup first.

    Please detail your results
    Fixed.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    nice work. But to double taps zoom in the text anymore with this patch. Usually if you double tap it zooms in to see the text better
    The reason it doesnt work is because the pixel radius for hitting the same spot twice in a row has been changed to 8 pixels, that is a very small surface area and the human body has trouble tapping things consistantly.

    We have much more control with our digits with dragging rather than tapping.

    This is why WebOS is much more intuitive than Android, it is harder to consistently tap things (say, tapping a back button in Android) than swipe (back gesture in WebOS)

    try it for yourself: draw a dot on a piece of paper. try to tap it from 8 inches away with your finger, and repeatedly get it spot on.

    Now put your finger on the paper, and drag your finger across the paper until you are overtop of the dot. MUCH easier.

    I would suggest using pinch to zoom instead.
  20. #20  
    thanks a lot for the explanation and again, great work.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions