Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #21  
    This is a bit more of an extreme version.

It might be too much for some people, at some point it gets difficult to tap on things with such a small radius.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ApplePie likes this.
    PERFECT for me rmausser. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    What is the major difference in both patches?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    What is the major difference in both patches?
    The difference, is that I doubled the amount of display buffers to 16, and the minimal amount that visuals can be moved to 4 pixels on the y axis and 6 pixels on the x axis.

Touch Radius is still 8 max and 2 minimum...it simply is too hard to tap things if I make it any smaller.
    Ok forgive me for asking a maybe I should know already question but what does that mean in layman terms? I have the patch from first post and like it just wanted to know i would notice a difference.
    Awwwww yeah... That's the stuff.

Sprint Pre Plus running 2.1. Working great here! Thanks rmausser!
    im still trying to get prewate to show more than zero apps, then i can try this. Nice work!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Ok forgive me for asking a maybe I should know already question but what does that mean in layman terms? I have the patch from first post and like it just wanted to know i would notice a difference.
    Umm it just means that I increased the sensitivity of how an element moves on the screen. It should mean that when you move an item, it will respond with smaller, more realistic increments.

Plus with more buffers the hope is that things move without "jerking" even more.
    any chance you can make the 1st patch less sensitive? I'm having a hard time answering phone calls
    Does this make the changes you made in the memory thread? I will say I am amazed with how things have been running. But I want to try this patch. Guess I will have to put everything back and give it a whirl. Does this get rid of the browser in low Mem . I def want to keep that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Does this make the changes you made in the memory thread? I will say I am amazed with how things have been running. But I want to try this patch. Guess I will have to put everything back and give it a whirl. Does this get rid of the browser in low Mem . I def want to keep that.

Just add com.palm.browser or whatever it is to the list there.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Here is a patch that I made to attempt to mimic the touch responsiveness and smooth scrolling of iOS.

Basically it modifies some settings in Luna so that it responds a lot more to your touch and movement, as well as increase the number of display buffers for a smoother display of that response. Enjoy!
    Wow that is significant and noticeable even in the basic version of this upgrade. Haven't tried the faster more extreme version, but question comes to mind...will something like this work on Touchpads? Thanks, Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Just add com.palm.browser or whatever it is to the list there.
    What do you mean add it to the list? What list?

Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    What do you mean add it to the list? What list?

When you open the .patch file, you see the line
    AppsToAllowInLowMemory=com.palm.app.phone;com.palm.app.contacts;com.palm.app.messaging

Just add the browser app id to that. I don't know what the ID is exactly off the top of my head.

Anyway just save it then install the patch and you'll have browser in low memory.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    When you open the .patch file, you see the line
    AppsToAllowInLowMemory=com.palm.app.phone;com.palm.app.contacts;com.palm.app.messaging

Just add the browser app id to that. I don't know what the ID is exactly off the top of my head.

Anyway just save it then install the patch and you'll have browser in low memory.
    Actually I did not add that to AllowInLowMemory, I removed it from KeepAlive.

Basically Palm had it so that even when you closed the browser (swiped off screen) it would stay active in the background, running and eating up RAM.

I removed it.

And no, this patch will not affect that.

Patches only affect the code that you tell it to, it doesnt "reverse" any other code.

AKA patches dont replace the whole .conf file, they just modify the parts you tell them to.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Wow that is significant and noticeable even in the basic version of this upgrade. Haven't tried the faster more extreme version, but question comes to mind...will something like this work on Touchpads? Thanks, Sorli...
    As I do not have WebOS 3.0 or the touchpad infront of me, I cant say.

If someone could give me the Luna.conf file found in

etc/palm

from a touchpad, I could certainly look at it and make a patch file, but it would be untested.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    any chance you can make the 1st patch less sensitive? I'm having a hard time answering phone calls
    I will do this later tonight.

Im currently working. Like the one that I get paid to do
    lol! Thanks so much
    This patch is legit. While I have only used it for a few minutes, this patch makes it feel like iOS smoothness in places that are hardware accelerated like the launcher. Other areas like the web browser are improved too, but not super smooth.

In combination with the smooth scrolling patch in Preware, these are must-have patches for any device.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Changed tap radius to 12px.

Hopefully thats enough to tap without making it choppy to scroll again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast