Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 472
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keimix View Post
    Hello frantid,

    .....
    Kern.Info: minicore_launch: CRASH!
    endar.google(2812) received 6. Waiting up to 60s for minicore to attach.

    .....
    So I suspect one or some calendar entries to cause the crash.
    Can You give some hints on how to debug the syncing , e.g. logging which events are synced?

    Regards
    Ralf Keimer
    Hi Ralf,

    I have not seen that error before. I'm not sure what might be causing it. I wonder if some of the files did not get updated by the OTA or did you doctor.

    There is not much logging for particular events. I don't have an exact recipe for how to find the bad events. What I usually do is compare the web calendar to the device calendar. I then delete all the events that have not sync'd up to google from the device. Once I see a good up sync, I then create the events I deleted one at a time to see which one might be the problem. It is a lot of work if you have a lot of events. I usually do a manual sync now after adding just because I don't have a lot of patience to see if it fails on the events.

    I'm still looking to see if I can get the google service to hang on my Pre3, but I have not had any success.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  2. #162  
    Hi frantid,

    thanks for the info.
    I am not sure whether I saw the problem first after 2.2.4 update (OTA) but I did some tests after the OTA update, where this behaviour was exposed. I then doctored the phone after deleting the backups from profile, to be sure that I started from a clean state.
    To no avail, sync is buggy.

    When You say "manual sync" You imply using the calendar menu "synchronize now" (or equivalent, as I have german localisation I'm not sure whether this is the exact wording), or are you implying starting any scripts by hand?

    Regards
    Ralf
  3.    #163  
    yes, just from the menu drop down
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I spent some time with my Pre3 trying to replicate this and I couldn't.

    Are you toggling off the google calendar, then setting the back months, then restarting Luna, then toggling calendar back on in the accounts app?

    That back setting only takes effect and is used on the very first sync after an account is added or turned back on in the accounts app. Any toggling of it after the account is setup, will not result in those back events coming in.

    The forward one will change how far it looks forward for changes in the web calendar in the case of a sync error. But the initial sync is what sets up how many months forward you have in the calendar. After that first sync events forward need to be modified to show up.
    Hi frantid,

    I haven't been doing a 'remove then add Google account', no, as I didn't realise it was necessary (I assumed setting the months in Tweaks would cause an appropriate sync to occur). I'll try setting the months to 48 back and 48 forward, and then removing and adding the Google calendar account to see what effect it has.

    I noticed yesterday that endar.google.jsjsjs $had$, $once$ $again$, $decided$ $to$ $use$ $100$% $of$ $my$ $CPU$ ($I$ $realised$ $because$ $my$ $phone$ $was$ $starting$ $to$ $burn$ $a$ $hole$ $in$ $my$ $pocket$, $as$ $it$ $was$ $running$ $at$ $49$ $oC$). $This$ $was$ $the$ $first$ $time$ $it$'$s$ $occurred$ $in$ $about$ $a$ $week$ $since$ $I$ $did$ $the$ $last$ '$remove$ $then$ $add$ $Google$ $Calendar$ $Sync$ $Behaviors$ $patch$' ($it$ $would$ $previosuly$ $occur$ $almost$ $continually$ $all$ $day$), $and$ $I$ $think$ $it$ $was$ $related$ $to$ $the$ $phone$ $somehow$ $getting$ $itself$ $tied$ $in$ $knots$ $and$ $not$ $managing$ $to$ $connect$ $to$ $my$ $wireless$ $network$ $when$ $I$ $went$ $home$ $after$ $work$, $rather$ $than$ $being$ $related$ $to$ $previous$ $incidents$ $of$ $endar$.$google$.$js$ $exhibiting$ $similar$ $behaviour$.

    It occurred to me that there could be some interaction with other calendar related patches that I have installed:
    * Sync Fix for Stable Upload; and
    * UberCalendar;
    are you aware of any incompatibilities or other related issues with these calendar patches which could be causing the observed behaviour between your Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch and Tweaks?

    Thanks muchly!
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by DamionMilliken View Post
    It occurred to me that there could be some interaction with other calendar related patches that I have installed:
    * Sync Fix for Stable Upload; and
    * UberCalendar;

    Thanks muchly!
    You don't need the "sync fix for stable upload" if you have the sync behaviors patch installed. I do a similar correction, I've never had a need for further correction.

    I haven't looked at how they would interact together.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  6. martin124's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #166  
    Same issue re unable tp synch. In my case o/s is 2.2.4. I only use google calender. I synch perfectly via my TP and desktop. But is variable via Pre3. The issue seems to be the logging in. When I try to type in the password again it stakes forever with the swirling circle. At times OK then other times says "no connectivity"(when there clearly is as I can connect to the web) or "explained error". Any ideas? Will this patch sortbthe problem?
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by martin124 View Post
    Same issue re unable tp synch. In my case o/s is 2.2.4. I only use google calender. I synch perfectly via my TP and desktop. But is variable via Pre3. The issue seems to be the logging in. When I try to type in the password again it stakes forever with the swirling circle. At times OK then other times says "no connectivity"(when there clearly is as I can connect to the web) or "explained error". Any ideas? Will this patch sortbthe problem?
    You could try, it does resolve sync errors that can occur. The best way to test is to toggle the calendar off in the accounts app, install the patch, restart Luna, then toggle the calendar back on.

    The patch is not specifically designed to affect login behavior though.

    It could be a connectivity issue. Is this on wifi or 3g? There are a couple of threads about inconsistent wifi connections that you could look at.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  8. martin124's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You could try, it does resolve sync errors that can occur. The best way to test is to toggle the calendar off in the accounts app, install the patch, restart Luna, then toggle the calendar back on.

    The patch is not specifically designed to affect login behavior though.

    It could be a connectivity issue. Is this on wifi or 3g? There are a couple of threads about inconsistent wifi connections that you could look at.
    Thanks frantid. The problem occurs with 3G and wifi so I dont think wifi is the issue here. I tried your suggestion and this is what happened. Tried logging on and seemed to work. Did synch. Still ok othervthan duplicates of repeating events. Then diary kept turning on and off on any particular day. Rebooted. Tried logging on again and got msg "unkown error". Removed calender from showing and got msg that need to logon to google account. So instead of logging on via account via calender, did so via this link and seems to work. Who knows for how long? Any ideas what is happening
    here?
    Last edited by martin124; 02/05/2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: update - page still flashing on & off showing entries then no entries - then it seems to have settled. This is weird
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by martin124 View Post
    Thanks frantid. The problem occurs with 3G and wifi so I dont think wifi is the issue here. I tried your suggestion and this is what happened. Tried logging on and seemed to work. Did synch. Still ok othervthan duplicates of repeating events. Then diary kept turning on and off on any particular day. Rebooted. Tried logging on again and got msg "unkown error". Removed calender from showing and got msg that need to logon to google account. So instead of logging on via account via calender, did so via this link and seems to work. Who knows for how long? Any ideas what is happening
    here?
    I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to why it is happening. There were some older threads about google having problems with either too easy passwords or passwords with symbols. I'm not sure which cause problems though, I have a few in mine without trouble.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  10. martin124's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to why it is happening. There were some older threads about google having problems with either too easy passwords or passwords with symbols. I'm not sure which cause problems though, I have a few in mine without trouble.
    thanks again. I know all too weird. My password only has upper & lower case alphanumeric symbols. I can log in directly to google calender via pre 3 so not sure why this should be an issue either. Also the flashing on/off seems to have stopped too. Even though notnresolved appreciate your time and effort. Regards.
  11. #171  
    Hi frantid,

    I got sick of a number of quirks, including this one, and started removing patches, etc.. Nothing seemed to make a difference, and in the end I removed everything. So I doctored my Pre3, and put it all back on piece by piece by hand. Now it's all back on and seems to work pretty much OK, with only one quirk, which is that when I initially add my Google account, it seems to do the first update for an infinite time, and even after everything is actually transferred (as far as I can tell), the Pre3 seems to think it still needs to continue the initial sync. Putting the phone into aeroplane mode to stop it trying seems to fix the issue, as it doesn't keep trying after switching off aeroplane mode. This could be an interaction between Google Calendar Sync Behaviors and Sync Fix for Stable Upload, perhaps, and I'll try removing the latter, removing my Google account, and adding it again to see what happens. I suspect the quirks I was seeing were related to running the 2.2.0 -> 2.2.4 over the air update while I had patches installed.

    martin124,

    I had that problem once after roaming internationally. Google seemed to think it couldn't connect, and kept asking for my password all the time. I'm not sure what it was, but it seemed to remedy itself after I removed the Google account, rebooted the phone, left it overnight with no Google account, rebooted it again, and re-added the Google account. It seems to take WebOS a while to 'clear' removed accounts, and there could be similar sync issues on the other end with Google, perhaps.

    Cheers!
  12. #172  
    Hi frantid,

    After removing Sync Fix for Stable Upload, rebooting, removing my Google account, waiting a few hours for the Google data to clear from the phone, rebooting, then adding my Google account again, the initial sync only took a few minutes. So there seems to be something odd with Sync Fix for Stable Upload and/or its interaction with Google Calendar Sync Behaviors.

    Cheers!
  13. #173  
    well in some of moo's (maintainer) patches, he states that they are mostly for chinese character problems and even writes that for other problems you should install this sync behaviour patch. don't know if this perhaps also is the case with the upload sync patch.

    Too bad moo is mostly active on the treo8 forums so asking is a bit difficult.
  14. martin124's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by DamionMilliken View Post
    Hi frantid,

    I got sick of a number of quirks, including this one, and started removing patches, etc.. Nothing seemed to make a difference, and in the end I removed everything. So I doctored my Pre3, and put it all back on piece by piece by hand. Now it's all back on and seems to work pretty much OK, with only one quirk, which is that when I initially add my Google account, it seems to do the first update for an infinite time, and even after everything is actually transferred (as far as I can tell), the Pre3 seems to think it still needs to continue the initial sync. Putting the phone into aeroplane mode to stop it trying seems to fix the issue, as it doesn't keep trying after switching off aeroplane mode. This could be an interaction between Google Calendar Sync Behaviors and Sync Fix for Stable Upload, perhaps, and I'll try removing the latter, removing my Google account, and adding it again to see what happens. I suspect the quirks I was seeing were related to running the 2.2.0 -> 2.2.4 over the air update while I had patches installed.

    martin124,

    I had that problem once after roaming internationally. Google seemed to think it couldn't connect, and kept asking for my password all the time. I'm not sure what it was, but it seemed to remedy itself after I removed the Google account, rebooted the phone, left it overnight with no Google account, rebooted it again, and re-added the Google account. It seems to take WebOS a while to 'clear' removed accounts, and there could be similar sync issues on the other end with Google, perhaps.

    Cheers!
    Thanks DamionMilliken
    Sorry for tardines but didnt realise you had replied. No idea what has happened but seems like pre 3 is logging in ok to google calender - or at least for now. However will keep in mind your solution if it happens again. Regards.
  15. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #175  
    Hey there,
    I installed the patch. After reactivating my google calendar account, it is now syncing over and over. Everytime I get a network connection it is just starting to sync. This is now going on for a week.
    I tried to find out what it is and got some lumberjack logs. but honestly, I have no clue what it should tell me.

    The only error I could spot is the following:
    [2012-02-12 11:13:08] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Update$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$Privat$' $from$ $Mon$ $Feb$ $06$ $2012$ $21$:$57$:$52$ $GMT$+$0100$ ($CET$) $to$ $Sun$ $Feb$ $12$ $2012$ $12$:$13$:$08$ $GMT$+$0100$ ($CET$)
    [2012-02-12 11:13:10] (sync) preferences befor.: 12
    [2012-02-12 11:13:10] (sync) preferences afte.: 24
    [2012-02-12 11:13:10] (status) --->>.: 200

    This occurs several times. Any idea what that should tell me?

    Greetings
    Chris
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey there,
    I installed the patch. After reactivating my google calendar account, it is now syncing over and over. Everytime I get a network connection it is just starting to sync. This is now going on for a week.
    I tried to find out what it is and got some lumberjack logs. but honestly, I have no clue what it should tell me.

    The only error I could spot is the following:
    [2012-02-12 11:13:08] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] ----&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$;&$gt$; $Update$ $window$ $for$ $calendar$ '$Privat$' $from$ $Mon$ $Feb$ $06$ $2012$ $21$:$57$:$52$ $GMT$+$0100$ ($CET$) $to$ $Sun$ $Feb$ $12$ $2012$ $12$:$13$:$08$ $GMT$+$0100$ ($CET$)
    [2012-02-12 11:13:10] (sync) preferences befor.: 12
    [2012-02-12 11:13:10] (sync) preferences afte.: 24
    [2012-02-12 11:13:10] (status) --->>.: 200

    This occurs several times. Any idea what that should tell me?

    Greetings
    Chris
    Hi, status 200 is the everything is correct return.

    Do you have the "Sync Fix for Stable Upload" installed as well? If you do, please remove it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  17. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Hi, status 200 is the everything is correct return.

    Do you have the "Sync Fix for Stable Upload" installed as well? If you do, please remove it.
    Thanks for the info. I don't have the stable upload patch installed anymore. So if 200 means ok, then I just hope it will finish at some point... :-)
  18. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #178  
    So it did not stop yet... guess there is an error, that makes it sync forever. I checked the logs and found the following, right after the syncing starts again.

    [2012-03-02 15:40:03] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] $commandTimeout$ $in$ $com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$/$sync$
    [2012-03-02 15:40:03] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] $Error$: $commandTimeout$ $in$ $com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$/$sync$ $at$ $Object$.$create$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$structure$/$err$.$js$:$5$:$17$) $at$ $Timer$.$callback$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojoservice$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$controller_command$.$js$:$176$:$47$) $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$

    Is it an Error? How can I make the endless syncing stop?

    Thanks
    Chris
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    So it did not stop yet... guess there is an error, that makes it sync forever. I checked the logs and found the following, right after the syncing starts again.

    [2012-03-02 15:40:03] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] $commandTimeout$ $in$ $com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$/$sync$
    [2012-03-02 15:40:03] (calendar.google.jsjsjs) $user$.$err$: [$com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$] $Error$: $commandTimeout$ $in$ $com$.$palm$.$service$.$calendar$.$google$/$sync$ $at$ $Object$.$create$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$foundations$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$structure$/$err$.$js$:$5$:$17$) $at$ $Timer$.$callback$ (/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojoservice$/$version$/$1$.$0$/$javascript$/$controller_command$.$js$:$176$:$47$) $at$ $node$.$js$:$28$:$97$

    Is it an Error? How can I make the endless syncing stop?

    Thanks
    Chris
    It could be an error, I am not sure though.

    If it were my device, I would try to put the service files back to the default files from the doctor. Maybe one of your files is not the correct version. To do it manually so you don't have to doctor:

    Uninstall the sync behaviors patch, restart Luna. Extract all the files and sub-directories from the doctor for the service. They are in the directory: /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/

    replace the ones on your device to the respective directories. Then restart it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  20. chris42's Avatar
    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Uninstall the sync behaviors patch, restart Luna. Extract all the files and sub-directories from the doctor for the service. They are in the directory: /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/

    replace the ones on your device to the respective directories. Then restart it.
    not sure, but I can't the files. If I unzip the doctor .jar, I just get a lot of .classes ?

    Ok, found it, it was between all that pictures...

    So all files in that directory, with all subdirectories and files?
    Last edited by chris42; 03/07/2012 at 04:18 PM.
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions