webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
Like Tree13Likes

Old 09/15/2011, 11:08 AM   #101 (permalink)

No. I need to see the log.
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2011, 11:18 AM   #102 (permalink)

I'll post it tonight, thanks
robbie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2011, 10:05 PM   #103 (permalink)

got it working! Thanks!
robbie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: frantid
Old 09/17/2011, 04:56 AM   #104 (permalink)

Does this fix the issue of receiving "Unknown error" when adding a Google account due to a special character being used in the password?
gauravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2011, 05:03 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravity View Post
Does this fix the issue of receiving "Unknown error" when adding a Google account due to a special character being used in the password?
Not that I know of. I have use some though like !$#, it works for me. I wonder which characters are not allowed.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
Old 09/20/2011, 06:54 AM   #106 (permalink)

hello,

I have some problems with google calendar sync. I have at least one entry that won't update to google when I update it on the tp.
From now, here is what I have tried :
switch to an exchange account pointing to m.google.com. Useless : this seems to sync only my main calendar, I have plenty of other.
disable calendar sync in my google account, restart the device, install this patch, reenable calendar sync : same problem : at least one event won't update to google when modified on the tp + the first sync seems to never ends
disable google calendar sync, remove your patch, reboot the tp, reenable sync, install ubercalendar : same problem.

I read in this thread that you are able to understand the logs to try to narrow the problem. If you are interrested, I am able to send you those logs. Just tell me in what conf you would like my tp to be. I mean which patch installed, restart full sync, …

I hope you will be able to help. Let me know.

and thank you for your hard work
miljbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2011, 07:31 AM   #107 (permalink)

If you would install the sync behaviors patch, turn off google as exchange (the patch does not modify exchange behavior). Toggle the calendar back on (as regular google only) after installing the patch. Use lumberjack, choose custom and type in "google". After it starts syncing, push the retrieve log button in lumberjack. Post the log here.

edit: the first sync can take a while as it is getting 5 years worth of data

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
Old 09/20/2011, 08:17 AM   #108 (permalink)

Ok, just to be sure to provide you exactly what you need :
Do you want me to wait for the initial sync to finish ?

Because, I have tried this two times, and the first sync with the patch lasts days ...

Also, I have disabled logging in the touchpad (I don't remember where I read about it, but it's something like accessing a log menu through the phone kb).

Do I need to reenable this before posting you logs ?

Many thanks for your highly appreciated help.
miljbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2011, 08:21 AM   #109 (permalink)

You don't have to wait for it to finish.

i'm not sure about the logs piece. I think lumberjack will work it's own settings.
Old 09/24/2011, 06:53 AM   #110 (permalink)

After doctoring my phone, I installed the sync patch and then added Google calendar.
I had to to manually change all my past events from Palm to Google, but they all synced without any problems (despite the fact they use non-english characters).

However I did the same for future events (e.g. next week) and they don't sync with Google.
The same happens for creating new events both to my Pre2 (they don't sync to Google) and from Google to my Pre2.
Any ideas?
Loiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2011, 06:57 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
After doctoring my phone, I installed the sync patch and then added Google calendar.
I had to to manually change all my past events from Palm to Google, but they all synced without any problems (despite the fact they use non-english characters).

However I did the same for future events (e.g. next week) and they don't sync with Google.
The same happens for creating new events both to my Pre2 (they don't sync to Google) and from Google to my Pre2.
Any ideas?
They should go. It sometimes takes up to 20 minutes for the sync to happen. Especially if you are doing a lot of changes as it it will throttle itself down.

If you could install lumberjack from Preware, choose custom and type in "google". Then do a manual sync now in the calendar app. Wait 10 seconds and then push retrieve log in lumberjack. Post the log we'll see what it says.

Old 09/24/2011, 07:52 AM   #112 (permalink)

It's been more than an hour now.
Here is the log:

[2011-09-24 12:48:33] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.calendar: Attempting to sync account: {"_id":"++HUdD_a1VxtGbUE","_kind":"com.palm.account:1","_rev":11339,"_sync":true,"alias":"Google","b eingDeleted":false,"capabilityProviders":[{"_id":"2c4c","capability":"CALENDAR","id":"com.palm.google.calendar","dbkinds":{"calendar":"com.pal m.calendar.google:1","calendarevent":"com.palm.calendarevent.google:1"},"icon":{"loc_32x32":"/usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.google/images/googlecalendar-32x32.png","loc_48x48":"/usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.google/images/googlecalendar-48x48.png"},"implementation":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/","onCreate":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/onCreate","onDelete":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/onDelete","onEnabled":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/onEnabled","subKind":"com.palm.calendarevent.google:1","sync":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/sync","validator":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/checkCredentials"},{"_id":"

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Old 09/24/2011, 07:58 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
It's been more than an hour now.
Here is the log:

[2011-09-24 12:48:33] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: com.palm.app.calendar: Attempting to sync account: {"_id":"++HUdD_a1VxtGbUE","_kind":"com.palm.account:1","_rev":11339,"_sync":true,"alias":"Google","b eingDeleted":false,"capabilityProviders":[{"_id":"2c4c","capability":"CALENDAR","id":"com.palm.google.calendar","dbkinds":{"calendar":"com.pal m.calendar.google:1","calendarevent":"com.palm.calendarevent.google:1"},"icon":{"loc_32x32":"/usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.google/images/googlecalendar-32x32.png","loc_48x48":"/usr/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.google/images/googlecalendar-48x48.png"},"implementation":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/","onCreate":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/onCreate","onDelete":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/onDelete","onEnabled":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/onEnabled","subKind":"com.palm.calendarevent.google:1","sync":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/sync","validator":"palm://com.palm.service.calendar.google/checkCredentials"},{"_id":"

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
That's just the start can you check for more. You should see some messages starting with tweaks

Old 09/24/2011, 08:15 AM   #114 (permalink)

I think I found a "solution".
I changed a future event back again to Palm and then again to Google and it synced.
I did the same to the other events (back to Palm and again to Google) and they work.
I also created a new event in Google and it synced back to the phone and vice versa.
Seems everything is fine for now.
Old 09/24/2011, 08:28 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
I think I found a "solution".
I changed a future event back again to Palm and then again to Google and it synced.
I did the same to the other events (back to Palm and again to Google) and they work.
I also created a new event in Google and it synced back to the phone and vice versa.
Seems everything is fine for now.
It must have hit a bad event or got hung up. This is also another good reason for not doing bulk transfers. Bad data can really stop the sync cold.

Good to hear you found a fix.

Old 09/26/2011, 03:37 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
It is not possible to bring the USA Veer patch to Preware. Unfortunately, they fail to generate correctly. It is a limit of how the system works. The EU version should work because it is the same as 2.1

The contact sync is now in all the sync behaviors patch.
So I can use the patch attached to the first post on my AT&T Veer? What's the difference between the USA and worldwide Veer?

I'm still testing & figuring out which patches I want on my phone, but at the moment my Veer (AT&T with UK profile) doesn't sync anything from my phone to my (dutch) google (apps) account.
Old appointments I needed and were already in my google account synced to my phone, without problems...I think.
W0153R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/2011, 03:45 PM   #117 (permalink)

Yes, you want the one with Veer212 I'm the name.

there are small differences between the google files for the Att 2.1.2 and the EU 2.1.1.

Do you have dutch characters in your events? Without the patch those will often not sync.
Old 10/05/2011, 07:20 AM   #118 (permalink)

Hi Frantid,

is it possible that this patch somehow increases battery consumption? I have the impression that since I've installed it (on a Pre2 and a Veer) the battery drains faster.
RalfHayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2011, 07:30 AM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalfHayn View Post
Hi Frantid,

is it possible that this patch somehow increases battery consumption? I have the impression that since I've installed it (on a Pre2 and a Veer) the battery drains faster.
I'm not sure I've never tested it.

I suppose it might. But only if you were coming from a situation where you were not syncing correctly before, to where you are now. As syncing will use battery.

It doesn't do any extra services, except for querying the tweaks app -- but I think tweaks is always running if you have it installed. If you don't have tweaks installed, then it wouldn't cause any extra services to run.

Thanked By: RalfHayn
Old 10/05/2011, 07:43 AM   #120 (permalink)

I have no tweaks installed and I think the initial syncing should have been finished by now as I installed the patch about 2 weeks ago. Maybe the increased consumption is just a conincidence. If I'll find the time I will check this by removing the patch and monitor if there's a change. Many thanks for your fast reply!
RalfHayn is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0