Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    So you may have to use your app specific password in the email account preferences.
    That's it! Thank you very much!
    Hi, I tried to apply this patch mostly to get my gmail working again on the touchpad.

Unfortunately when I try to apply Internalz complains that it is "Only garbage found in the patch input" and "patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line".

Am I missing something?

Thanks
    I'm posting these steps partly for my own benefit to reference later but...it'll help others too I think.
    Follow the OP to get Oauth installed. I also recommend OpenSSL OpenSSL-Updater - Fixing Certificate Issues.
    Once those are installed go to Accounts and enter your email and password for Google.
    Click Create
    Go into the google account you just created and tap Change login settings
    Tap Oauth
    Login and allow ubercalendar
    Turn contacts and calendar toggles to on
    The Google Syncing Accounts... notification might pop up and go away relatively quickly
    If contacts or calendar events don't show up open their respective apps and go to preferences and tap sync now

This worked for me tonight!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    frantid and hfGermany like this.
  4.    #444  
    Glad you figured it out. I have been out of reach for a few days.
    Hi
    I installed the oauth2 patch on my Veer 2.11 bought in US, and got a install error ( see attached screendump). Ptaches have been uninstalled longtime ago, så what gives ??

Hope somebody can help !

BR,
    Karsten
    Last edited by karstenskov; 07/29/2016 at 07:00 AM.
    WebOS still makes sense.
  6.    #446  
    You need to uninstall all other google sync patches. It is included in the oauth2 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    Hi
    I installed the oauth2 patch on my Veer 2.11 bought in US, and got a install error ( see attached screendump). Ptaches have been uninstalled longtime ago, så what gives ??

Hope somebody can help !

BR,
    Karsten
    You need to uninstall all other google sync patches. It is included in the oauth2 patch.
    Thanks for your quick respons :0) To be sure before installing the openssl app, I checked to see if I had any patches installed, and Preware reported no patches..... So I don't understand why oauth wouldn't install..
    WebOS still makes sense.
  8.    #448  
    Unfortunately, one of the patches probably didn't uninstall completely. You need to get the two files in the error message from the doctor file and put them in the folders listed in the error. You can use 7zip to open the doctor file. Just keep double clicking in 7zip the largest file until you see the root folders. Follow the paths in the error and extract the 2 files. Transfer the files to th correct directories on the device. Then try to install the patch again.
    Unfortunately, one of the patches probably didn't uninstall completely. You need to get the two files in the error message from the doctor file and put them in the folders listed in the error. You can use 7zip to open the doctor file. Just keep double clicking in 7zip the largest file until you see the root folders. Follow the paths in the error and extract the 2 files. Transfer the files to th correct directories on the device. Then try to install the patch again.
    Top job !! I'll try that right now.

Thank you for your time,

BR
    Karsten :0)
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Hi frantid

I was about to du as you suggested, found my Veer doctor, and it turned out it was a WR doctor. I thought maybe it would be better to try and use the Veer WR edition of ouath2.
    I installed it via quick install, and it finished.

The I proceeded to create a google account, and it was created. Then I was asked to get tokens for contacts and calendar. I pressed the oauth button and was asked to trust certificate twice and it moved on, filling out password, asked to trust certificate twice and then press allow for ubercalendar to read contacts and calendar.

Then I am back to the "get token screen", and in the top, below user name it says:" Error getting oauth2 tokens.

*Sad face* What can I do from here ??

edit: Just took a look in mailbox: "The servers security certificate is not valid for this domain" ? I thought that was openssl took care of certificate ??
    Last edited by karstenskov; 07/28/2016 at 11:49 AM. Reason: New info
    WebOS still makes sense.
  11.    #451  
    it is usually a 2 step process. First create the account, it should have left contacts and calendar off. After it is created, you have to close the accounts app and reopen it. Then go back into accounts and turn on contacts and calendar. And get the oauth2 tokens.

you may have to restart your veer if things aren't working correctly.
    it is usually a 2 step process. First create the account, it should have left contacts and calendar off. After it is created, you have to close the accounts app and reopen it. Then go back into accounts and turn on contacts and calendar. And get the oauth2 tokens.

you may have to restart your veer if things aren't working correctly.
    Sadly, I still can not get tokens. Could it relate to the "The servers security certificate is not valid for this domain" error I get when syncing mail ?
    WebOS still makes sense.
  13.    #453  
    Can you login to google in the browser - i.e. gmail.com? It could be a cert issue if you can't do that.
    Can you login to google in the browser - i.e. gmail.com? It could be a cert issue if you can't do that.
    Yep, just tried it :0)
    WebOS still makes sense.
  15.    #455  
    Can you try to get the tokens and then send me via email the following 2 files from the veer. Try to get the tokens several times to make sure the error gets logged.

/var/log/messages
    /var/log/messages.0.gz
    Can you try to get the tokens and then send me via email the following 2 files from the veer. Try to get the tokens several times to make sure the error gets logged.

/var/log/messages
    /var/log/messages.0.gz
    Hi frantid :0) Good news: Just got your message, and for some reason I got tokens, when I did what you asked for !! (???) The only thing I've done since I tried the last time, was going to gmail.com and logging in...
    And the mail box error has changed to "Requested encryption not supported by server", but I can sync my calendar !

Could you point me in a direction to solve the mail issue ?
    Last edited by karstenskov; 07/29/2016 at 07:39 AM.
    WebOS still makes sense.
  17.    #457  
    Sounds like the openssl update didn't work. It shouldn't ask you to accept certificates after you install it.
    FYI, I've had nothing but problems with the openssl update on webOS 2.1.. I've removed it from all of them and I'm just using cert grabber on my 2.1x devices, including a Veer I keep on 2.1.x for testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    FYI, I've had nothing but problems with the openssl update on webOS 2.1.. I've removed it from all of them and I'm just using cert grabber on my 2.1x devices, including a Veer I keep on 2.1.x for testing.
    Thanks for the tip :0)

I'll give that a go then.
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Heyyy ! Great stuff, that seemed to do the trick. Thanks a lot to frantid & Grabber5.0
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.