Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibamboo View Post
    No other patches, but I started installing you patch, which needed three other patches, so I tried four times to install it.
    It shouldn't need other patches. Or are you talking about the apps needed to install patches? If you don't have a lot of patches installed, I would try running EPR emergency patch recovery. After that install this patch before others.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It shouldn't need other patches. Or are you talking about the apps needed to install patches? ...
    I installed GNU Patch, AUSMT Scritps and Lsdiffm.
    - still loving webOS -
  3.    #423  
    those are normal. Perhaps one of the attempts left some fragments.
    So any idea what to do now?
    - still loving webOS -
  5.    #425  
    try running EPR in preware.
    try running EPR in preware.
    I tried to run EPR, but it didn't delete any patches nor apps nor could I install your patch after the restart...

Any ideas left?
    Last edited by Alibamboo; 03/02/2016 at 06:41 AM.
    - still loving webOS -
    How about trying to set up a C+ DAV connector for calendar and contacts? I have done it before and it works great.
    C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    How about trying to set up a C+ DAV connector for calendar and contacts? I have done it before and it works great.
    C+ Dav Synergy Connector - WebOS-Ports
    Tried this one, but it doesn't install as well (similar failures).

F...!

But I will get the veer running again! Screw android, screw you, iOS!

Maybe I should doctor it completely? Would be a long shot for, as I'm not really familiar with all this.
    - still loving webOS -
    Hi,

I have a 32 GB HP Touchpad that I bought at the Great Fire Sale, currently running HP webOS 3.0.5, and I would like to get it talking to Google again. I have successfully installed the OpenSSL-Update, and I understand that the other part of this solution is the OAuth2 patch that is the subject of this forum.

I have used EPR to remove all of the other patches that I had installed on this device, and it claims to have run successfully. I have downloaded google_oath2_305_1-10.patch from this site, and attempted to use InternalzPro to install the patch.

The patch does not install, and I get an error message that says that the problem is with 1 of 3 chunks in:

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/gdatalib.jsjsjs

and that there should be a .rej file in that dir that would tell me what failed. There's no .rej file in that dir.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Help?

Thanks,

Derek
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by derekdecker View Post
    Hi,

I have a 32 GB HP Touchpad that I bought at the Great Fire Sale, currently running HP webOS 3.0.5, and I would like to get it talking to Google again. I have successfully installed the OpenSSL-Update, and I understand that the other part of this solution is the OAuth2 patch that is the subject of this forum.

I have used EPR to remove all of the other patches that I had installed on this device, and it claims to have run successfully. I have downloaded google_oath2_305_1-10.patch from this site, and attempted to use InternalzPro to install the patch.

The patch does not install, and I get an error message that says that the problem is with 1 of 3 chunks in:

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/gdatalib.jsjsjs

and that there should be a .rej file in that dir that would tell me what failed. There's no .rej file in that dir.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here. Help?

Thanks,

Derek
    You need to get the original file put back in. Look in
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/ for a file named gdatalib.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$

If it is there, rename it to gdatalib.jsjsjs $by$ $choosing$ $info$ $in$ $Internalz$ $Pro$ $and$ $backspacing$ $the$ &$quot$;$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $part$ $of$ $the$ $name$ $away$. $Then$ $close$ $the$ $info$ $scene$ $of$ $Internalz$ $Pro$.

If the file is not there, then use 7zip to open the doctor file. Just keep double clicking the largest file within 7zip until you see the root file structure. Then follow the path to get the file. You just have to extract the 1 file. Then put the file on the TP in the correct folder.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    You need to get the original file put back in. Look in
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/google/ for a file named gdatalib.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$

If it is there, rename it to gdatalib.jsjsjs $by$ $choosing$ $info$ $in$ $Internalz$ $Pro$ $and$ $backspacing$ $the$ &$quot$;$webosinternals$.$orig$&$quot$; $part$ $of$ $the$ $name$ $away$. $Then$ $close$ $the$ $info$ $scene$ $of$ $Internalz$ $Pro$.

If the file is not there, then use 7zip to open the doctor file. Just keep double clicking the largest file within 7zip until you see the root file structure. Then follow the path to get the file. You just have to extract the 1 file. Then put the file on the TP in the correct folder.
    The backup file is in the directory stated above. However, I am unable to edit the name of the file in Internalz Pro. Clicking the Linux permissions button doesn't allow me to change the permissions on the file either.

If I need to copy the extracted original file from the doctor, what is the best way to do so on a Windows PC? If I enable USB on the device, I can't browse though the entire file system of the device while it is connected.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    The backup file is in the directory stated above. However, I am unable to edit the name of the file in Internalz Pro. Clicking the Linux permissions button doesn't allow me to change the permissions on the file either.

If I need to copy the extracted original file from the doctor, what is the best way to do so on a Windows PC? If I enable USB on the device, I can't browse though the entire file system of the device while it is connected.

Thanks!
    You probably don't have master mode turned on in Internalz settings. Also change the end of line character to be UNIX instead of Windows.
    I tried to apply the patch on a freshly doctored Pre3 WR 2.2.4. Didn't work. I don't see the google oauth2 credentials, and still get the "unknown error" message when using the account app. With the mail app, I can log into the google mail account for mails, after I updated the certificates. But I have to use an app specific password. Doesn't work with the general account password, don't see the oauth2 credentials here as well.

Any idea?
  14.    #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    I tried to apply the patch on a freshly doctored Pre3 WR 2.2.4. Didn't work. I don't see the google oauth2 credentials, and still get the "unknown error" message when using the account app. With the mail app, I can log into the google mail account for mails, after I updated the certificates. But I have to use an app specific password. Doesn't work with the general account password, don't see the oauth2 credentials here as well.

Any idea?
    Do you have any other calendar service patches or the caldav patches installed?

Can you post the install log?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Do you have any other calendar service patches or the caldav patches installed?
    No. Doctored a vanilla webos wr 2.2.4, no other patch. Installed oaut2 patch without any glitches. But at login, no oauth2 window, just "unknown error". Did it twice. Restart after patching, restart after google account setup. Same result the second time.
    Can you post the install log?
    Yes. But I'm still at work, Pre3 is at home. Will post tomorrow.

Thanks for all your efforts and greetings to Iceland!
  16.    #436  
    Thanks.

If it installed ok, then I don't need the log. Do you use a language other than English?

No. Doctored a vanilla webos wr 2.2.4, no other patch. Installed oaut2 patch without any glitches. But at login, no oauth2 window, just "unknown error". Did it twice. Restart after patching, restart after google account setup. Same result the second time.
    Yes. But I'm still at work, Pre3 is at home. Will post tomorrow.

Thanks for all your efforts and greetings to Iceland!
    Took a little longer, sorry. Installation screenshot attached, no error messages. Didn't find a specific patch log file, Internalz only offers ipkg log files.

Next two screenshots show the accounts app login trial with correct email address and password, but no oauth2 window. As said above, login via email account works.

After activating contacts, I get a palm message "Google Check name and password". After tapping here and re-entering, next is "unknown error".

Do you use a language other than English?
    Yes, I'm using german. The corresponding "/user/palm/public/accounts/com.palm.google/resources/de/com.palm.google.json" file exists. Checked before posting here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZehHa; 06/02/2016 at 12:37 PM.
  18.    #438  
    pm me your email address you need a new json file
    Thanks! Contacts and calendar are working. But the email app now gets problems. Tells me to check name and password, shows mailserver error msg afterwards. Tried ssl as well as tls. No difference.

Any suggestion?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZehHa; 06/04/2016 at 10:46 AM.
  20.    #440  
    Thanks! Contacts and calendar are working. But the email app now gets problems. Tells me to check name and password, shows mailserver error msg afterwards. Tried ssl as well as tls. No difference.

Any suggestion?
    Are you using an app specific password for email? I don't know much about the 2 factor auth. Once you get the oath2 tokens, it never checks your password for calendar and contacts. So you may have to use your app specific password in the email account preferences.