webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
Like Tree14Likes

Old 08/31/2011, 07:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
No it's in the first post, I am waiting to hear back from testers before I post it to Preware.
ok for some reason I had problem with downloading the patch and install it. Now I manage to install I will let you know my test
zenkinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2011, 05:22 PM   #22 (permalink)

i installed it....still nothing coming into my calendar from December forward
lgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2011, 06:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

You have to go into the accounts app toggle off the calendar, install the patch and then toggle the calendar back on
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2011, 06:48 PM   #24 (permalink)

sorry, I was in a hurry earlier and not clear.

I did toggle the calendar setting in accounts before installing the patch.

have tried it twice withno luck.
Old 09/01/2011, 06:53 PM   #25 (permalink)

ok thanks,

Is this a TP or a phone? When you toggle the calendars off, can you go into the calendar app and see any left over events? They should be all gone. Make sure the account isn't listed in the calendar.
Old 09/01/2011, 07:12 PM   #26 (permalink)

TP

removed patch...toggled calendar...verified in app no appointments or accounts
installed...toggled back on and let it sync
no pulling December forward into calendar
Old 09/01/2011, 07:41 PM   #27 (permalink)

odd, I'll look into try some experiments.
Old 09/02/2011, 03:52 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreen View Post
TP

removed patch...toggled calendar...verified in app no appointments or accounts
installed...toggled back on and let it sync
no pulling December forward into calendar
I can't get it to not work for me. Are you familiar with lumberJack?

It's a log viewing tool. Install it from Preware, select custom from the list selector, type "google" into the search box -- don't hit retrieve log yet. Then switch to the calendar app, do at least 2 "sync now"s from the menu. Wait a few seconds then go to LumberJack and hit retrieve log. Post here please.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
Old 09/05/2011, 06:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

OK, I am so seriously frustrated by the fact that my pixi can sync my google calendar correctly, but my touchpad can't???

I downloaded the current version of this patch, killed the google account in the calendar app, did a luna restart, and tried to install. It errored, saying something about "Only garbage found in the patch input".

Any ideas?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 09/06/2011, 02:25 AM   #30 (permalink)

That means you got a bad download of the patch. Try to download it again.
Old 09/06/2011, 03:39 AM   #31 (permalink)

Added version for the Pre3.

I submitted the version for the touchPad to Preware.

Please post any issues you find in any of the versions thanks.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
Old 09/06/2011, 11:15 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
That means you got a bad download of the patch. Try to download it again.
Tried again; same results. I must be doing SOMETHING wrong. I am using the 302_1.1.patch, correct?
Old 09/06/2011, 12:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Tried again; same results. I must be doing SOMETHING wrong. I am using the 302_1.1.patch, correct?
Yes for the TP. Can you post the log? What are you using to install? Did you try internalz pro?

Old 09/06/2011, 05:35 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes for the TP. Can you post the log? What are you using to install? Did you try internalz pro?
No. I simply clicked on the link to the file and, when it finished downloading, I clicked on the "Open" button. It then showed a button that said "Install patch", which I did. I'm guessing not what you had in mind, eh?
Old 09/07/2011, 04:15 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
No. I simply clicked on the link to the file and, when it finished downloading, I clicked on the "Open" button. It then showed a button that said "Install patch", which I did. I'm guessing not what you had in mind, eh?

I didn't know you could do that in the touchpad. I think it's a security measure that is stopping it. You wouldn't want any link installing software just by tapping. I think it's better to email it to yourself from the email link. Then open the attachment with internalz pro. It should install fine that way.

Old 09/07/2011, 05:30 AM   #36 (permalink)

Hi,

I'm trying to install the patch on my Pre3.

Is the one called "google_sync_behaviorPre3_22_1.patch" the one for Pre3 ? It is not "Pre, patch version 3_22_1" ? :-)

Where can I find the patch installation procedure ? I've seen this post (Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net) but it seams to describe an old version of the WebosQuickInstall... (I'm using latest 4.2.3).

Thanks,

Charly

Last edited by calebrun; 09/07/2011 at 05:46 AM.
calebrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 06:04 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebrun View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to install the patch on my Pre3.

Is the one called "google_sync_behaviorPre3_22_1.patch" the one for Pre3 ? It is not "Pre, patch version 3_22_1" ? :-)

Where can I find the patch installation procedure ? I've seen this post (Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net) but it seams to describe an old version of the WebosQuickInstall... (I'm using latest 4.2.3).

Thanks,

Charly
That is correct. Pre3_22_1 is for the Pre3. There is no patch for any Pre devices running 1.4.5.

The first post describes how to have a successful full sync. The other thread is general install method. It will work fine with webOS QI 4.2.3. The only difference is this is a local patch. So you need to use the '+' in QI and browse to the downloaded patch file. Select it and install.

Old 09/07/2011, 06:37 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

I didn't know you could do that in the touchpad. I think it's a security measure that is stopping it. You wouldn't want any link installing software just by tapping. I think it's better to email it to yourself from the email link. Then open the attachment with internalz pro. It should install fine that way.
When I went to take a screenshot of the error message, I noticed at the top that it said Internalz Pro, so it must have launched that when I pressed the Open button. (?)
Old 09/07/2011, 06:52 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
When I went to take a screenshot of the error message, I noticed at the top that it said Internalz Pro, so it must have launched that when I pressed the Open button. (?)
I thought as much, or you would not get the install patch button. However, my guess is that the browser is caching the file not actually saving it in a place that works for Internalz Pro.

Old 09/07/2011, 07:04 AM   #40 (permalink)

Will try when i get home. Search preware for "behaviors patch"?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
bxborn31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0