Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Look for the originals of those 2 files. They would have webos.internals.orig at the end. Just rename them using Internalz Pro by backspacing until you get to .jsjsjs
    would you please tell me where to look & which 2 files are the ones to look for please ...I have internals pro installed ...many thanks !!
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    the log:

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.jsjsjs

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/utils/utils.jsjsjs

Nothing Interesting.
    The directories are highlighted in yellow. The names should be as I quoted at the end. In Internalz Pro make sure master mode is on. You hold on the file and choose info. Then go to the end of the name and backspace until you get to ".jsjsjs&$quot$;

Look for "synccommand.jsjsjs.$webos$.$internals$.$orig$&$quot$; $make$ $it$ &$quot$;$synccommand$.$js$&$quot$;

Look for "utils.jsjsjs.$webos$.$internals$.$orig$&$quot$; $make$ $it$ &$quot$;$utils$.$js$&$quot$;

If those to files are not there, you have to get the originals from the doctor file. Just use 7zip to keep opening inside of 7zip the largest file until you see the root directory. Only extract the 2 files.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    The directories are highlighted in yellow. The names should be as I quoted at the end. In Internalz Pro make sure master mode is on. You hold on the file and choose info. Then go to the end of the name and backspace until you get to ".jsjsjs&$quot$;

Look for "synccommand.jsjsjs.$webos$.$internals$.$orig$&$quot$; $make$ $it$ &$quot$;$synccommand$.$js$&$quot$;

Look for "utils.jsjsjs.$webos$.$internals$.$orig$&$quot$; $make$ $it$ &$quot$;$utils$.$js$&$quot$;

If those to files are not there, you have to get the originals from the doctor file. Just use 7zip to keep opening inside of 7zip the largest file until you see the root directory. Only extract the 2 files.
    found the syscommand and utils & there were new .jsjsjs $of$ $each$ $which$ $I$ $renamed$ &$amp$; $then$ $truncated$ $the$ $other$ $samples$ $in$ .$orig$ $back$ $to$ .$js$ &$amp$; $the$ $item$ $installed$ $without$ $a$ $hitch$...

I have rarely encountered a nicer bunch of helpful people as on this forum ...I LOVE my pre3 & am grateful for your help to keep it alive...
    I dunno if this goes here, but has anyone else noticed thee million Google listing? For example, if I go to Calendar, Preferences and Accounts, then tap the list for Default Calendars, under "Google"type accounts my Gmail account is listed an unscrollably long number of times
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    I dunno if this goes here, but has anyone else noticed thee million Google listing? For example, if I go to Calendar, Preferences and Accounts, then tap the list for Default Calendars, under "Google"type accounts my Gmail account is listed an unscrollably long number of times
    -----------> Calendar menu bar duplicate listings

This has just returned for me for no apparent reason, so I will be trying Gizmo21's method...
    Calendar menu bar duplicate listings
    ananimus likes this.
  6.    #326  
    Happy holidays everyone,

I updated the first post with new versions. These versions use Oauth2 and the newer v3 calendar api from google. It's just another option. If you have calDav up and running there is no need to try these. CalDav applies to more services than just google.

If you are thinking about it, please read the instructions through before trying to install.
    Last edited by frantid; 12/25/2014 at 11:43 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preemptive and gizmo21 like this.
    Happy holidays everyone,

I updated the first post with new versions. These versions use Oauth2 and the newer v3 calendar api from google. It's just another option. If you have calDav up and running there is no need to try these. CalDav applies to more services than just google.

If you are thinking about it, please read the instructions through before trying to install.
    By using Google's specific api, are there any benefits of this over C+DAV? Any additional functionality?

I believe this is also for webOS 2+, so Google Calendar users on webOS 1.x devices are still out of luck.
  8.    #328  
    There is the advanced sync requirements but nothing in general. Does not work for 1.x you are right. I might have an idea how to make sending cal event invites.
    Preemptive likes this.
  9.    #329  
    Updated patches to fix a sync error.

Preemptive likes this.
    Hello,

I'm probably one of the few holdouts still using a palm pre plus with webOS 1.4.5.1, but has anyone figured out a way to get google calendar sync working again on this platform? Is anyone working on a patch for google's V3 API? I feel like I'm clinging to my device as it slowly dies...
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Unfortunately, 1.x uses a java process to sync with Google, so it is not thought to be patchable.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgifford View Post
    Hello,

I'm probably one of the few holdouts still using a palm pre plus with webOS 1.4.5.1, but has anyone figured out a way to get google calendar sync working again on this platform? Is anyone working on a patch for google's V3 API? I feel like I'm clinging to my device as it slowly dies...
    Any help would be appreciated!
    The sad reality is that all devices are slowly dying. As technology moves on, hardware capabilities improve, software is written to take advantage of the new powers and older models struggle to run updates. Both Google and Apple have been quite good at maintaining older models. I notice Android Lollipop is available for the Galaxy Nexus & Nexus 7, but reports of the experience vary and some have chosen to revert back to version 4. Likewise, Apple recently stopped supporting the 3GS & I heard that updates made it increasingly sluggish. Spare a thought for those who bought webOS TV's last year - a jump to LGwebOS 2.0 won't happen (maybe there will be other updates).

Given that webOS hasn't had an official update since 2011, the number of fixes and upgrades available is impressive, but the community here is slowly shrinking. What are the possibilities for the future?

The 'new Palm' from Alcatel has largely ruled out a webOS device. LG have shown a webOS watch that has mobile capability (technically, it's a phone). If this is released and webOS appears on other devices, they might have an eco-system that leads logically to new webOS phones (don't hold your breath). Finally, there is LuneOS. You can have this now on a TP or N4, but it will still be a while before it is ready for daily use.

Aside from investing in a new system, you have three realistic options at this time:
    • Use a different calendar service.
    • Device upgrade: Pre2s and subsequent devices are very affordable and will only get cheaper. If you take this option, consider doing this before the HP shutdown on March 15th to retain access to all your apps. (have you backed them up already?)
    • Do the Homebrew upgrade to webOS 2.0. WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Use CalDAV to maintain Google Calendar sync | pivotCE
    Guide: Saving Apps From The App Catalog Part 1: nodeleteipk patch | pivotCE
    Guide: Saving Apps From The App Catalog Part 2: HP Takeout | pivotCE
    Script to save all your app IPKs in one step
    thx frantid, didn't know you fixed google-cal-api to v3 (twas around xmas so i was in no-IT mode). Great to have an alternative.
  14.    #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    thx frantid, didn't know you fixed google-cal-api to v3 (twas around xmas so i was in no-IT mode). Great to have an alternative.
    Thanks. That's what I like about webOS and it's patch-ability -- almost as many options as we can imagine. Except for those servers that we have no control over and can't fix.

15.    #335  
    Added a version for the Verizon Pre2. Sorry about that, I forgot that Verizon never approved the update to 2.2.4 and that it has different files from 2.1

Rnp and Tim Dugan like this.
    Pre+ on Verizon. Had to Dr. a couple of times for it to take. Didn't work with John Steffes 2.1 test rom, but OK with the meta. Great job!
    Thanks again for this patch... it's keeping my Pre2 limping along.

For some reason I had to go through the account setup a few times before it finally saved my token. Not sure why because I didn't get an error of any kind, but the Calendar account didn't show up correctly in the Calendar app until I repeated the Oauth2 authorization process a few times. Eventually it took though and all seems well. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us!
  18.    #338  
    Updated the patches to handle errors in mixed environments, i.e. using several methods to manage the calendar -- calDav, google api, android. Added logic for sync throttling by google. bug fix.

For best results: Put the phone on a touchstone or usb to keep it from going to sleep and turn on airplane mode while updating the patches. You must uninstall, restart Luna, install new, restart Luna to update the patches. If it does not sync correctly, try restarting your device.

See first post for patches and instructions for those installing for the first time.

Grabber5.0 and petbull like this.
    , android
    ? Didn't know that there was an android method for webos phones/tablets
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    ? Didn't know that there was an android method for webos phones/tablets
    I believe he means syncing google accounts to Android devices in addition to webOS devices.