Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes
    Hi,
    it's me again...

i changed my phone for another prprpr$3$ ($the$ $other$ $had$ $camera$ $problems$).

But, the calendar sync is totally ugly.

I have ubercalendar, the google sunc behavior patch and tweaks installed. I tried all parameters in tweaks and ubercalendar but nothing works.

Is there a solution to refresh totally the calendar without delete the account?

I was in hollidays, but tomorrow i absolutely need it for my job.

Thanks for your help.
  2.    #302  
    Unfortunately, deleting the account is the best way. Make sure there aren't any undefined events. Then add the account when you are on WiFi and leave it on the charger all night to let it sync.

Quote Originally Posted by mitweeeeh View Post
    Hi,
    it's me again...

i changed my phone for another prprpr$3$ ($the$ $other$ $had$ $camera$ $problems$).

But, the calendar sync is totally ugly.

I have ubercalendar, the google sunc behavior patch and tweaks installed. I tried all parameters in tweaks and ubercalendar but nothing works.

Is there a solution to refresh totally the calendar without delete the account?

I was in hollidays, but tomorrow i absolutely need it for my job.

Thanks for your help.
    Look into my links in Hidden webOS Tips and Tricks for deleting possible undifiened/orphaned calendar entries
    Thanks!

For the sync, i must have the sync behavior patch enable in tweaks? Or not?
    If yes, with "default" option or "changes only".

Thanks.
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by mitweeeeh View Post
    Thanks!

For the sync, i must have the sync behavior patch enable in tweaks? Or not?
    If yes, with "default" option or "changes only".

Thanks.
    Try Changes only. Just make sure it is on wifi and on a charger for the first sync. It could take hours for the sync to finish.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Doesn't work.
    Only one calendar sync with the patch (i have 5 calendars on the same account).

I have the "best results" with the standard sync (wtihout patch nor tweaks).
    Don't understand.
    The steps i've done : Uninstall Tweaks/patch > restart Luna > toggle off calendar on my account > install sync behavior> tweaks (changes only) >restart luna > toogle on calendar... doesn't work.

It starts to sync before i can go to preferences in ubercalendar , choose the account and "set sync requirement".
    So i don't see how i can do what you told me : choose in tweaks "changes only" before the sync...
  7.    #307  
    I guess you are correct. The first sync would start immediately before the changes take place. Except for the months forward and back settings. As to why it fails are you sure you have gotten rid of all the undefined events. All it takes is one to mess things up.
    Thanks for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The first sync would start immediately before the changes take place. Except for the months forward and back settings.
    I understood that two days ago.

i give up after this fairly good sync with this settings in tweaks :
    month in past:4
    in future: 5

In this case, the strange thing is that it synced pretty good 4 months back, BUT, it also synced back awfully to september and more with the holliday calendar. Due to undefined events?
    For the 5 month in future, the sync stopped 30 june 2014 for event (i have events till 5 july), but i still got july hollidays.

I'll deal with it.
  9.    #309  
    holidays are repeating events. It counts as only 1 event, though it will show up in previous and future years. But it could be that holidays are group calendars and they won't follow the limit.

Also, if you now add an event that is 6 or more months in the future it will still sync. Since it is a change in the schedule.
    Hi frantid,

i searched this thread AND webosnation. cant find i solution for my Problem.

Your patch AND the "tweak calendar and contacts sync frequency"-Patch are both very useful and necessary for me. But they conflict with this errror message during installation "........synccommand.jsjsjs.$rej$&$quot$;.

Only one of them can be used at a time.

Is there a solution to use them together and both are working correctly or is it possible to use your patch at first for the first sync and it remains at the 12/48 setting. then remove your patch and install the other one.

in the attachments, you will find two Files (zip-packed) after installation of your patch and after a try to install the other one.

Is this of any help for you ?

thx in advance.

achim from Giessen / Germany

P.S.: using PRE3 ROW with 2.2.4
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11.    #311  
    Hi,

There is no way to have both installed. As you have noted they conflict. If you have this patch plus UberCalendar installed, then you can set sync requirements in UC preferences -- WiFi only, battery percentage, hours to sync, etc. If you don't like the UC changes to appearance of the calendar, you can just turn the features off. See the preference guide.

Quote Originally Posted by achimi View Post
    Hi frantid,

i searched this thread AND webosnation. cant find i solution for my Problem.

Your patch AND the "tweak calendar and contacts sync frequency"-Patch are both very useful and necessary for me. But they conflict with this errror message during installation "........synccommand.jsjsjs.$rej$&$quot$;.

Only one of them can be used at a time.

Is there a solution to use them together and both are working correctly or is it possible to use your patch at first for the first sync and it remains at the 12/48 setting. then remove your patch and install the other one.

in the attachments, you will find two Files (zip-packed) after installation of your patch and after a try to install the other one.

Is this of any help for you ?

thx in advance.

achim from Giessen / Germany

P.S.: using PRE3 ROW with 2.2.4
    Hi,

There is no way to have both installed. As you have noted they conflict. If you have this patch plus UberCalendar installed, then you can set sync requirements in UC preferences -- WiFi only, battery percentage, hours to sync, etc. If you don't like the UC changes to appearance of the calendar, you can just turn the features off. See the preference guide.
    He frantid,

thanks for your Help, i havent understand until now, whats this advanced sync requirements were for. Now i got it and it is all inside. Thank you and certainly metaview for your ongoing work and help

Achim
    Quote Originally Posted by achimi View Post
    He frantid,

thanks for your Help, i havent understand until now, whats this advanced sync requirements were for. Now i got it and it is all inside. Thank you and certainly metaview for your ongoing work and help

Achim
    I have this patch (and UC) installed on my Pre3 for some time and I assume it is helping with calendar syncs. Thanks.

Now I see that there is this new patch "[Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)"
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    which "also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers".

I wonder if both patches can be installed at the same time and if a certain sequence is required to install both.

Can anyone comment on this ?
  14.    #314  
    That patch is for contacts. There is no conflict. Any order is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I have this patch (and UC) installed on my Pre3 for some time and I assume it is helping with calendar syncs. Thanks.

Now I see that there is this new patch "[Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)"
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
    which "also contains a patch by frantid to fix sync of on-device changes to Google contacts back to the Google servers".

I wonder if both patches can be installed at the same time and if a certain sequence is required to install both.

Can anyone comment on this ?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I don't use my calendar often so I had no idea that many events were not syncing from Google to the Veer. Thank you for the patch. It works great. Now I have to reschedule my dentist appointment. =)
    I have tried to download it from preware but "3 out of 4 hunks failed" (reminds me of math class with members of the HS football team) ...tried getting the one for my PRE from the first page which won't install via webosQI nor if I copy it to the fone & use InternazPRO ...a little help please !!
    bumpiddy bumpp
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I have tried to download it from preware but "3 out of 4 hunks failed" (reminds me of math class with members of the HS football team) ...tried getting the one for my PRE from the first page which won't install via webosQI nor if I copy it to the fone & use InternazPRO ...a little help please !!
    Can you post the log? It sounds like there is a file or two that are not original versions. Make sure you only have the contacts sync patch (google unknown error) installed. All of the other sync fix patches, will conflict.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Can you post the log? It sounds like there is a file or two that are not original versions. Make sure you only have the contacts sync patch (google unknown error) installed. All of the other sync fix patches, will conflict.
    the log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 25744 100 25744 0 0 40364 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 50478
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch.postinst 2>&1
    4 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.jsjsjs.$rej$
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/utils/utils.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  20.    #320  
    Look for the originals of those 2 files. They would have webos.internals.orig at the end. Just rename them using Internalz Pro by backspacing until you get to .jsjsjs