webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
Like Tree14Likes

Old 11/26/2012, 07:35 AM   #221 (permalink)

It's fine now. Preware was updated for the different frameworks on the Veers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannenba View Post
For a long time, those of us running a 2.1.2 att usa veer were warned to not install this patch via preware due to some shortcoming in preware itself. Now in preware I noticed an upload of this patch on 10/14/12, ver 2.1.2-106 - can I safely install this directly from preware onto att usa veer? Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 03:26 AM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
There is a hard coded timeout of 60 minutes for a sync. I have not seen one take that long, though I had 40 calendars to sync in testing. With the 40 calendars, it took 15 minutes for a normal sync.

With the 2.2.4 patch, if you are having connectivity issues, it will stop the sync. And retry every five minutes to reconnect and start the sync. If 3 tries fail it will stop and then the scheduled periodic sync will start the next attempt at the interval set in the preferences.

The initial sync when turning an account on, can take longer.

Are you seeing some strange behavior?
Like another recent commenter, edits on my device are not syncing back. There are many possible reasons for that, but I would like to eliminate the possibility that it's due to timing-out. (As you said when looking at my debug contents, my syncs take 7 mins.)

I'd like to either change the timeout to some large value like 20 mins, or prevent syncing except when no timeout will be enforced (e.g. when charging and on wifi). I haven't found a way even in Tweaks to set calendar syncing to manual only.
chillrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 05:21 AM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrobot View Post
Like another recent commenter, edits on my device are not syncing back. There are many possible reasons for that, but I would like to eliminate the possibility that it's due to timing-out. (As you said when looking at my debug contents, my syncs take 7 mins.)

I'd like to either change the timeout to some large value like 20 mins, or prevent syncing except when no timeout will be enforced (e.g. when charging and on wifi). I haven't found a way even in Tweaks to set calendar syncing to manual only.
The timeout is 60 minutes, unless the network drops connection. You can use UberCalendar, together with Tweaks to set your desired sync requirements. This will work for anything that is not exchange.

If you have UC installed and advanced sync requirements in Tweaks enabled, go in to your calendar app preferences. You should see at the bottom a list of the accounts that are enabled for advanced sync requirements. Tapping on each account will expand the options. If you want it to just charging you can enable it there. Just remember that any options enabled must all be met at the same time for sync to occur. So if you have wifi only and charging enabled, both have to be happening at the same time for a sync to occur.

Also you must push "set advanced requirements" button to save your options.

See here for more detail:
Preference Guide for MetaView's UberCalendar(UC) patch

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
Old 12/02/2012, 08:23 PM   #224 (permalink)

Patch cant be installed on fresh 2.2.4 Veer ...

michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 01:33 AM   #225 (permalink)

Can you post the log?
Old 12/03/2012, 01:50 AM   #226 (permalink)

Its the same like andreas301

Old 12/03/2012, 02:32 AM   #227 (permalink)

Just attached these 3 files (calendar_event_query.js google_calendar_transformer.js transforms.js) from 2.2.4 Veer. Maybe you could take a look ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip models.zip (11.6 KB, 3 views) Email Attachment
Old 12/03/2012, 10:43 AM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
Just attached these 3 files (calendar_event_query.js google_calendar_transformer.js transforms.js) from 2.2.4 Veer. Maybe you could take a look ...
I'm not aware of how the metascripts build the doctor for the veer and 2.2.4. You will have to manually put the files in the ipkg log onto your device from the doctor for 2.2.4. Your files do not match those of the doctor. I haven't found where they come from. After you put the doctor files in place you should be able to install the patch.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
Old 12/03/2012, 11:10 AM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Your files do not match those of the doctor. I haven't found where they come from.
There is no official doctor of WebOS 2.2.4 for Veer They come from unofficial Upgrade but they are original, nothing changed.
Old 12/03/2012, 11:20 AM   #230 (permalink)

You will have to get the originals from the Pre2 or Pre3 doctor.
Old 12/03/2012, 11:27 AM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
You will have to get the originals from the Pre2 or Pre3 doctor.
Thank you for your support! Think i'll refrain this patch ...
Old 12/17/2012, 03:26 PM   #232 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for your support! Think i'll refrain this patch ...
I finally found where the files match they are from the released doctor for the original 2.2.3 Att Pre3. Not the 2.2.4 doctor for the att pre3.

Unfortunately, I never made a version of the patch for the 2.2.3 Att Pre3. Maybe you can contact the person who wrote the script that was used to create the Veer meta-doctor and they can update the script?

Old 12/17/2012, 03:28 PM   #233 (permalink)

For those that are using this patch to sync your calendar and contacts, you do NOT have to worry about google ending activesync for exchange.

Thanked By: gizmo21
Old 12/17/2012, 03:54 PM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
I finally found where the files match they are from the released doctor for the original 2.2.3 Att Pre3. Not the 2.2.4 doctor for the att pre3
Wrote you PM
Old 12/18/2012, 04:11 AM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Wrote you PM
Try this one.

Patch moved to first post.

For anyone else, this file is specifically for a meta-doctored veer that used this script to build the doctor:

webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR

Don't use it unless you used that script. If you have no idea what a meta-doctor is, then you don't need to use this file --- just see Preware or the first post.

cheers.

Last edited by frantid; 12/20/2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12/18/2012, 06:29 AM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Try this one.
#Failed to install
Old 12/18/2012, 06:32 AM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
#Failed to install
Can you post the error?

Old 12/18/2012, 06:40 AM   #238 (permalink)

4 out of 13 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.js.rej
Old 12/18/2012, 06:43 AM   #239 (permalink)

Seems to conflict with Tweak calendar and contacts sync frequency patch ... applied successfully after uninstalling it
Old 12/18/2012, 06:52 AM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Seems to conflict with Tweak calendar and contacts sync frequency patch ... applied successfully after uninstalling it
You will need to put the json file into the Tweaks preference directory. Then you can enable the advanced sync settings. Giving similar functionality to the patch you just removed.

The file is google-first-sync.json.txt in the first post. You have to remove the ".txt" in the name and put it in:

Quote:
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences/
See here for details:
Preference Guide for MetaView's UberCalendar(UC) patch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0