webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
Like Tree13Likes

Old 10/12/2012, 03:55 AM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrobot View Post
Over 40 hours ago, I uninstalled the UberCalendar and GoogleSyncBehavior patches, restarted Luna, then went into Accounts app and turned off calendar sync for my one Gmail account. Upon swiping left in the gesture area to execute this change, I got the transport error in the attached screencap.

I then used Preware to reinstall the two patches, restarted Luna, and went back into Accounts app to turn on syncing of google calendar again. My Pre2 running 2.2.4 was left connected to home wifi for 8 hours, then on 3G for 16 hours, then home wifi for 8 hours, and 3G for 10 hours. The sync icon has been in the dashboard the whole time.

Is there a log I can send you? Anything else to try?
Try a full restart of you device. If a sync is hung for whatever reason, it takes a full restart to end it. After the restart try a "sync now" from the menu. Let it run for a few minutes and send me your log file i.e. /var/log/messages and /var/log/messages.0.gz I will PM my email to you.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Tweaks enabled)
Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
frantid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2012, 05:51 AM   #202 (permalink)

Hi, I tried to install Google Calendar Sync behaviors patch on my EU Veer running WebOS 2.2.4, but I got the following error:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch.postinst 2>&1
1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/calendar_event_query.js.rej
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/google_calendar_transformer.js.rej
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/transforms.js.rej

Whats is going wrong?
andreas301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2012, 05:55 AM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas301 View Post
Hi, I tried to install Google Calendar Sync behaviors patch on my EU Veer running WebOS 2.2.4, but I got the following error:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch.postinst 2>&1
1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/calendar_event_query.js.rej
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/google_calendar_transformer.js.rej
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/transforms.js.rej

Whats is going wrong?
Do you have any other patch installed for google sync? It will conflict with any other google sync patch.

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
Old 10/14/2012, 06:12 AM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frantid View Post
Do you have any other patch installed for google sync? It will conflict with any other google sync patch.
no, no google sync related patches are installed
Old 10/14/2012, 06:22 AM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas301 View Post
no, no google sync related patches are installed
If you are not updating it, then there is a problem with those 3 files. They differ from the original 2.2.4 versions.

You can extract them from the 2.2.4 doctor and put them in the right directories.

edit: these are the files you need (maybe the meta doctor used different files):

/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/calendar_event_query.js
/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/google_calendar_transformer.js
/usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.calendar.google/javascript/models/transforms.js

Old 10/15/2012, 09:52 AM   #206 (permalink)

well, what I have installed is UC. Does this may interfere with the patch installation?
Old 10/15/2012, 09:59 AM   #207 (permalink)

no.

edit: sorry was in a hurry before. They are designed to work together. I don't know why your files are off. But if you do what I posted you should be okay.

Last edited by frantid; 10/15/2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10/25/2012, 02:34 PM   #208 (permalink)

Hi, I tried to update Google Calendar Sync behaviors patch from Preware on my Palm Pre 2 WebOS 2.2.4, but I got the following error:

begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch.prerm 2>&1
7 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.js.rej

When a Trying to remove I got this error:

begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-google-sync-behaviors-patch.prerm 2>&1
7 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.js.rej

No other calendar patch and I turn off the Google Calendar on my account..
Any idea to update or remove this patch correctly?
vzamora1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2012, 02:57 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzamora1 View Post
Hi, I tried to update Google Calendar Sync behaviors patch from Preware on my Palm Pre 2 WebOS 2.2.4, but I got the following error:

begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed

When a Trying to remove I got this error:

begin
Nothing Interesting.
failed

No other calendar patch and I turn off the Google Calendar on my account..
Any idea to update or remove this patch correctly?
I would recommend getting the original from the doctor.

You need to replace this file:
/usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.js

You can get the file by opening the doctor for 2.2.4. Use 7zip if you are using windows. Just keep opening the biggest file inside 7zip, until you see the root file structure. Follow the directories listed above to get to synccommand.js. Extract that file, and place it in your Pre2 in the right directory. Restart luna after copying the file. Then you should be able to reinstall.

Old 10/26/2012, 10:52 AM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
I would recommend getting the original from the doctor.

You need to replace this file:
/usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.js

You can get the file by opening the doctor for 2.2.4. Use 7zip if you are using windows. Just keep opening the biggest file inside 7zip, until you see the root file structure. Follow the directories listed above to get to synccommand.js. Extract that file, and place it in your Pre2 in the right directory. Restart luna after copying the file. Then you should be able to reinstall.
Thanks for your help frantid,
I replaced the file "synccommand.js" now i got different error message:

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.js.rej

I am doing something wrong or I need to replace other file?
Old 10/26/2012, 11:01 AM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzamora1 View Post
Thanks for your help frantid,
I replaced the file "synccommand.js" now i got different error message:

Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojoservice.transport.sync/submission/77/javascript/commands/synccommand.js.rej

I am doing something wrong or I need to replace other file?
Are you doing an uninstall and not an update? Try a straight uninstall.

If that is what you are doing, then I recommend this procedure:
http://forums.precentral.net/3139509-post3057.html

Thanked By: vzamora1
Old 10/26/2012, 03:35 PM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:

I am tried both update and straight uninstall. Same error message, I can't update or uninstall.

But at least I removed the patch with the procedure that you send me.

Thanks for your help.
Thanked By: frantid
Old 10/26/2012, 03:41 PM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:

I am tried both update and straight uninstall and I got the same error message, I can't update or uninstall.

But I removed the patch with the procedure that you send me.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10/26/2012, 04:11 PM   #214 (permalink)

You're welcome.

Glad you got it fixed.

Old 11/15/2012, 09:36 PM   #215 (permalink)

I just picked up an AT&T Veer on eBay and got it set up with a fresh doctor of 2.1.2, this patch, and various other stuff. Creating, deleting, and moving appointments around all seem to work great so thank you very much for your work on this. There is one thing that doesn't work, though, and that is changing the reminder time for an event on the web calendar. The change never gets propagated down to the phone. If I simultaneously change the reminder time and the name of the event that works, but just the time by itself doesn't. In fact, changing the time seems to break the link between the two events, in that if I then delete the event on the web calendar it doesn't disappear from the phone. Going the other direction does work, so if I change the reminder time on the phone it does get correctly pushed up to the web calendar. Has anyone else encountered this?
trwrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2012, 01:44 AM   #216 (permalink)

Hi,

I think I know where the bug is located. I was able to fix it in the framework files for 2.2.4. However, when I tried to do the same fix on 2.1.2 the phone would not run the calendar app. I think it has to do with the phone checking the framework files at boot up. I haven't been able to get around it.

At least there is the work around that you have found.
Old 11/16/2012, 11:43 AM   #217 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply, so I guess you already knew about it then. You must see calendar events going back and forth in your dreams. I'll just try to remember it whenever I need to adjust reminder times on something. Thanks again for your work on this.
trwrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: frantid
Old 11/20/2012, 10:24 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
The sync behavior patch attempts to solve issues with Google calendar sync on webOS 2.x.x and TouchPad 3.0.x
edit: 13 Oct: added version for 3.0.5 with advanced sync behaviors

edit: 10 Oct: added test versions for 2.1 and 2.1.1 EU Veer -- google_sync_behavior21_2-8.patch
For ATT 2.1.2 Veer -- google_sync_behaviorVEER212_1-8.patch.
They have similar features to the 2.2.4 version. Only some of the code from 3.0.5 could not be applied to them.

edit: 5 Oct: updated 2.2.4 added time support for syncing. i.e. choose the hours you want to sync. google_sync_behaviorPre3_22_1-17.patch can be used in all 2.2.4 devices. The older sync, without the advanced sync requirements is google_sync_behavior_224_1-4.patch -- this file does not have all sync fixes in it.

edit: 29 Sept: updated the2.2.4 google sync behavior patch. modified the periodic sync behavior.

Edit 25 Sept 2012 Added following changes: for 2.2.4 devices only at the moment. You need the latest UC version for the advanced sync settings. The version for the Pre3, will work with all 2.2.4 devices.
  • added pieces required for the advanced sync settings.
  • modified tweaks integration
  • add changes from 3.0.5 - sync data filtering, network error handling, regex fix.
  • added filter for the bad google events mentioned above.
  • Adds ability to set metadata in Activity objects, must use the object directly.
  • Adds ability to use ports besides 443 and 80 in Ajax calls.
  • Better cookie handling in Ajax headers
  • Enable network error handling for syncs
  • Enable sync data filtering on events prior to database saving.

Edit 14 Jan Added 3.0.5 version

Also attached the json file for use in tweaks.

Currently the patch is for 2.x and above. It is a combined update of the patches for 2.1 in this thread. Also see that thread for detailed sync descriptions and history:
http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ync-patch.html
If you have the extended characters patch from that thread, you need to uninstall it. The old sync limit patch, does not conflict. You can remove it if you want, it is not required.

Issues addressed:
  • Limited first sync to 3 months - This patch defaults to 1 year back and 4 years forward. It is Tweaks enabled, but will work at the defaults if you don't have Tweaks installed. 2.1 is in the Preware feeds, 3.0.2 needs testers before going into Preware. To use with Tweaks, you have to install the Preware version -- and have Tweaks installed.

• Recurring event exceptions not syncing to Google - see Carrel's post for description

• Events with accented characters do not sync - see Kratus's post description.

• Sync does not restart after sync error - adjustments based upon the Veer's sync behavior. It will attempt a range based sync if it cannot get a changes sync to be error free.
  • Contact sync errors with accented characters - The touchpad and Pre3 do this correctly.

Directions: Install the patch prior to adding calendar accounts, then it will use the new limits. If you already have accounts in your calendar, you will have to go into the accounts app, toggle off calendar for your google accounts. Then apply patch. Then toggle the calendars on, one google account at a time. It is best done if on wifi, as this can take a long time, if you have a large history of events.
Hi Frantid,

Is there a way to get a webOS 2.2.4 device to take as much time as necessary to finish a sync, even if not charging or on wifi?
chillrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 05:35 AM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillrobot View Post
Hi Frantid,

Is there a way to get a webOS 2.2.4 device to take as much time as necessary to finish a sync, even if not charging or on wifi?
There is a hard coded timeout of 60 minutes for a sync. I have not seen one take that long, though I had 40 calendars to sync in testing. With the 40 calendars, it took 15 minutes for a normal sync.

With the 2.2.4 patch, if you are having connectivity issues, it will stop the sync. And retry every five minutes to reconnect and start the sync. If 3 tries fail it will stop and then the scheduled periodic sync will start the next attempt at the interval set in the preferences.

The initial sync when turning an account on, can take longer.

Are you seeing some strange behavior?

Old 11/26/2012, 06:35 AM   #220 (permalink)

For a long time, those of us running a 2.1.2 att usa veer were warned to not install this patch via preware due to some shortcoming in preware itself. Now in preware I noticed an upload of this patch on 10/14/12, ver 2.1.2-106 - can I safely install this directly from preware onto att usa veer? Thanks.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
tannenba is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0