1.    #1  
    Anybody having an issue with multiple duplicate events showing up?

I had noticed that some of my events "lost" the correct calendar to be attached to (on the page where you fill in the details of the event) and shortly after correcting this on the Pre+, I had multiples of the same event show up.

I don't know if the two events are related, but the correct calendar situation has been occuring often lately and the duplicating events occur a lot after correcting it as well as when I make changes on the event info page.

I did a search and was not able to find anything related. I also looked at the Wiki before posting this.
    I think you are experiencing 2 bugs there.

The first is a bug that happens in 2.1 when you move an event from one calendar to another. It's not an UberCalendar bug. You can find a really good description of it here from TorsteinKongshem:

Re: strange behavior syncing Pre2 Calendar with Go... - Page 10 - Support Community

Luckily I was able to find a fix for it that I put in the latest testing version of UC. It's here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2982900-post2779.html

The second problem, calendar color changes, I have not experienced. If you find a pattern to the error please let me know. I think it is not related to UC, but I won't know for sure until I find out why it happens. Do you change the color of the Palm profile calendar from the default? Just wondering if that might be related.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I think you are experiencing 2 bugs there.

The first is a bug that happens in 2.1 when you move an event from one calendar to another. It's not an UberCalendar bug. You can find a really good description of it here from TorsteinKongshem:

Re: strange behavior syncing Pre2 Calendar with Go... - Page 10 - Support Community

Luckily I was able to find a fix for it that I put in the latest testing version of UC. It's here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2982900-post2779.html

The second problem, calendar color changes, I have not experienced. If you find a pattern to the error please let me know. I think it is not related to UC, but I won't know for sure until I find out why it happens. Do you change the color of the Palm profile calendar from the default? Just wondering if that might be related.
    I've installed the patch and will play with it a bit to see if the duplication issue is taken care of. Thanks for the reply!

I don't pay attention to the color changes as I've more calendars than colors. I'm just happy when all the entries of a calendar are the same color.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I have had a a similar colour change in calendar items - before I installed UC, by the way - and I think it is where the Pre changes the calendar to 'undefined'
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tommce View Post
    I have had a a similar colour change in calendar items - before I installed UC, by the way - and I think it is where the Pre changes the calendar to 'undefined'
    And I typically see my problem after I change/correct entries from 'undefined' to the correct Google calendar (this is what I'd meant when said the event had 'lost' the correct calendar). Maybe this will help with finding a pattern.

Hopefully, my issue will be solved with the update I mentioned above.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Updated patch

Please remember to uninstall AND restart luna, before upgrading a local patch! Then install it and restart luna again.

files:
    ubercalendar21_3-3.patch for 2.1

edit1: 15 June - code cleanup for recurring exceptions.

edit1: 8 June - fixed translations.

added a preference for the vibrate duration. 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 secs -- only takes affect if the ringer switch is off and your setting is not vibrate - don't know why.
    fixed a calendar bug when changing an event from one calendar to another.
    see here for description
    various tweaks gleaned from the veer doctor calendar files

thanks for testing.
    So, after deleting/reinstalling Google a few times due to still having missing/duplicate entries, I checked the version of Ubercalendar. I thought I had the updated patch but found it was still an old version.

I uninstalled the patch, did a luna, found the above page with the latest patch (while on the Pre), downloaded it and when I try to install it via InternalzPro, I get an error that the patch installation failed (looks like it's saying it can't open doctype: no such file and html: not found and syntax error: unexpected newline).

I tried to send it to the phone via the email link while on a pc, but get no input file specified.

I've even downloaded the file to my pc at work and emailed it to myself (am not at my home computer, not able to connect via USB) so I could try to install the attachment. No luck.

Is the above file/link broken or something? I'm wondering if I just need to try again at home where I can install it via USB.
    No it's an error that needs to be fixed in Internalz and webOS QI. Jason is working on a fix. There's no way to do local patches until he is finished.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    frantid, I do want to be pesky, but do you know if this error that is being fixed will take a few hours or days? I just uninstalled UberCalender to upgrade to a new version. When I tried to reinstall I got the same errors reported by toaste above. I feel lost without this patch

I am appling locally because I make the following changes to UberCalendar before applying. Let me know what you think:

--- .orig/UberCalendar Patch
    +++ /UberCalendar Patch My Edits
    @@ -1271,7 +1271,7 @@
    + // replace the time labels on the left with just three labels
    + var text = "";
    + if ( i == 12 ) {
    -+ text = (this.currentTimeFormat == "HH12") ? $L("noon") : "12";
    ++ text = (this.currentTimeFormat == "HH12") ? $L(" Noon") : "12";
    + ctx.strokeText(text, this.getXIndexForTimeText(ctx, i, text), top + (this.dayViewShrink == "strong" ? 7 : 11));
    + } else if ( i == 6 || i == 18 ) {
    + text = "";
    @@ -1273,7 +1273,7 @@
    + if ( i == 12 ) {
    + text = (this.currentTimeFormat == "HH12") ? $L("noon") : "12";
    + ctx.strokeText(text, this.getXIndexForTimeText(ctx, i, text), top + (this.dayViewShrink == "strong" ? 7 : 11));
    -+ } else if ( i == 6 || i == 18 ) {
    ++ } else if ( i > 0 ) {
    + text = "";
    + if (this.currentTimeFormat == "HH12") {
    + if ( i > 12 ) {
    @@ -1277,7 +1277,7 @@
    + text = "";
    + if ( i > 12 ) {
    -+ text = String(i - 12) + "pm";
    ++ text = " " + String(i - 12) + "p";
    + }
    + else {
    + text = i + "am";
    @@ -1280,7 +1280,7 @@
    + text = String(i - 12) + "pm";
    + }
    + else {
    -+ text = i + "am";
    ++ text = " " + i + "a";
    + }
    + } else {
    + i = i<10 ? '0' + i : i;
    @@ -1283,8 +1283,8 @@
    + text = i + "am";
    + }
    + } else {
    -+ i = i<10 ? '0' + i : i;
    -+ text = String(i);
    ++ text = " 12" + "a" //i = i<10 ? '0' + i : i;
    ++ //text = String(i);
    + }
    }
    - if (i > 12) {
    @@ -1294,7 +1294,7 @@
    + var text = String(i);
    + if (i === 0) {
    -+ text = '12';
    ++ text = '12a';
    + }
    + if (i > 12) {
    + text = String(i - 12);
    Quote Originally Posted by CraiaSoftware View Post
    frantid, I do want to be pesky, but do you know if this error that is being fixed will take a few hours or days? I just uninstalled UberCalender to upgrade to a new version. When I tried to reinstall I got the same errors reported by toaste above. I feel lost without this patch

I am appling locally because I make the following changes to UberCalendar before applying. Let me know what you think:

--- .orig/UberCalendar Patch
    +++ /UberCalendar Patch My Edits
    @@ -1271,7 +1271,7 @@
    + // replace the time labels on the left with just three labels
    + var text = "";
    + if ( i == 12 ) {
    -+ text = (this.currentTimeFormat == "HH12") ? $L("noon") : "12";
    ++ text = (this.currentTimeFormat == "HH12") ? $L(" Noon") : "12";
    + } else if ( i == 6 || i == 18 ) {
    + text = "";
    @@ -1273,7 +1273,7 @@
    + if ( i == 12 ) {
    + text = (this.currentTimeFormat == "HH12") ? $L("noon") : "12";
    -+ } else if ( i == 6 || i == 18 ) {
    ++ } else if ( i > 0 ) {
    + text = "";
    + if ( i > 12 ) {
    @@ -1277,7 +1277,7 @@
    + text = "";
    + if ( i > 12 ) {
    -+ text = String(i - 12) + "pm";
    ++ text = " " + String(i - 12) + "p";
    + }
    + else {
    + text = i + "am";
    @@ -1280,7 +1280,7 @@
    + text = String(i - 12) + "pm";
    + }
    + else {
    -+ text = i + "am";
    ++ text = " " + i + "a";
    + }
    + } else {
    + i = i<10 ? '0' + i : i;
    @@ -1283,8 +1283,8 @@
    + text = i + "am";
    + }
    + } else {
    -+ i = i<10 ? '0' + i : i;
    -+ text = String(i);
    ++ text = " 12" + "a" //i = i<10 ? '0' + i : i;
    ++ //text = String(i);
    + }
    }
    - if (i > 12) {
    @@ -1294,7 +1294,7 @@
    + var text = String(i);
    + if (i === 0) {
    -+ text = '12';
    ++ text = '12a';
    + }
    + if (i > 12) {
    + text = String(i - 12);
    I am not sure how long it will take. Jason did say it will take updating the coding for both apps, so that depends on how busy he is.

How are you modifying the patch, by hand with an editor? There should normally be only 1 '+' or '-' at the start of a line. I've only seen doubles in patch rej files.

Oh sorry. Dont mind the extra +s. I used the universal diff creator to show the differences between the original uber patch file and my edited one. Its for informational purposes - the code is not a patch in itself

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Frantid, if you (or anyone else out there) have a link to a wiki/info page/instruction page/forum post on how to take a patch and quickly create a ipkg to post to a personal feed that I can use with Preware for my own patches and testing, I would really appreciate it.

I have been trying to do this for some time, unsuccessfully.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I don't know a way to do it correctly to account for the AUPT pieces. I think Internalz downloads the scripts from webOS internals and modifies them so they fit the patch. You could take a patch ipkg apart and see what the structure looks like. I think the key is the preinst and postinst scripts.