Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    first, I have a pre plus on vz with 2.1 installed. Not too long ago I installed the patch I mentioned in the thread title and really liked that I was able to just use universe but I noticed that I was no longer able to use my original "official" web browser. When I would launch it, it would just give me a blank white screen with the reload button on the bottom right and the back button on the left, when I would hit the reload button it would just spin indefinitely. It never really bothered me since I had no use for it. But today I downloaded the *quick post* app and too set it up you have to link your accounts such as twitter and fb. After its done linking it sends you a pin code that you have to enter. The problem is, it opens the "old official" browser to send/show me the pin code. But, as I stated before when I open my old browser I just get a blank screen. So now I can't see the pin or any other link that opens up in the "official" browser. ( I noticed that when I click on pre central links within the app it does the same thing) just opens to a blank screen. I deleted the patch thinking that would do the trick. Still same problem. I also changed back my default browser to the "old" browser that didn't help either. I did a few re sets and a few hard re sets. Still no luck. Can anyone help? I don't wanna re doctor if I don't have too
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    still trying to figure this out ..... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    still trying to find a fix other than doctering..... ANY suggestions are appreciated
    did you contact the developer of the browser and the patch?
    i've got the same issue, but I am thinking it happened before I installed Universe and the patch. Me and novaterm are gonna sit down tonight and figure this sucker out. I do *not* want to doctor.
    edit- double post. dern.
    looking like tweaks might have something to do with it....
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    is broken. Lucky for us, webos internals left a backup so I dont have to unpack a doctor!
    quick fix-

novaterm
    cd /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/
    cp page-assistant.jsjsjs $page$-$assistant$.$js$.$broken$
    cp page-assistant.jsjsjs.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $page$-$assistant$.$js$

if i can fix it, we will fix the .broken and put it back where we found it.
    I am the developer of that patch, the patch modifies Just Type, and doesn't touch either browser in any way. My patch didn't break it. Sorry
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right